• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 525,470
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Cucurella, Sterling, Koulibaly, De Jong, Fofana , Chukwumamababayaba and Aubameyang? That is the best window in the history of windows. I challenge anyone to find a better window.
£350m on transfers & well over £1m a week on wages. Should be a bloody good window!

Uncle Good-Advice

I don't know if these are accurate but if they are then wow, absolute insanity and mismanagement on an epic scale.

I would dismiss it as nonsense but this is the club that paid Messi £1m per week.

Honestly makes our wages paid to the likes of Cedric, Mari, Runnarson look like a pittance!

Also anyone seriously suggesting FDJ please give your head a shake.

View attachment 8412
That can't be true...

TornadoTed

Established Member
That can't be true...
That's what I keep thinking but they were the first club to have a wage bill top £1bn per year.

I mean if I was Pique or Alba, long serving, legendary players and I saw a loosely equivalent player in Messi getting £1m per week I sure as hell would ask for £400k+

It doesn't make sense but Barca of the last 10 years don't make any sense which is why I have no confidence in dismissing it as nonsense.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
astonishing isn't it - I wonder how long they can dine out on the days of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co, before their reputation starts to suffer in the light of their current actions.

Barca are more than Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

I'm not a huge admirer of the club but they've got rich history which goes back multiple generations before even getting to the Messi era.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Barca are more than Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

I'm not a huge admirer of the club but they've got rich history which goes back multiple generations before even getting to the Messi era.
Of course, but most players tend to be influenced by what happened in their childhood onwards rather than before. Like how many 25 years old really care about Koeman, Romario etc? Or even Cruyff?

In the same way we are dining off TH, but far less of the kids today care about much before that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bad move by City imo. The value of Bernardo on that team is at a different level compared to Jesus and Sterling. I understand increasing turnover to keep things from getting stale, but this is a bit much, continuity matters too.
Bernardo has wanted to leave City for a couple years now, I think they’re just honouring the players wishes at this point.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Still the only pathway to salvation my man.

There is no such thing as salvation my dawg, the good you do in life is meant for being right here in the moment whilst you live. Or there is a salvation and it’s separate from everything religion, and it comes through your memory living on in the minds of the people you whose lives you touched whilst you were here

It’s the best we can hope for

That being said it’s just my view and i respect religion for the good it does in the world

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I don't know if these are accurate but if they are then wow, absolute insanity and mismanagement on an epic scale.

I would dismiss it as nonsense but this is the club that paid Messi £1m per week.

Honestly makes our wages paid to the likes of Cedric, Mari, Runnarson look like a pittance!

Also anyone seriously suggesting FDJ please give your head a shake.

View attachment 8412

Probably before tax, so the player gets a bit more than half or something like that

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Though a godless heathen of the highest order who is fully aware of the historical (and less historical) crimes of the Roman Catholic Church, I have to concede when it comes to dressing up and putting on a show, they are hard to beat. Proper old school religion, where its roots are similar to that of classical theatre. Plus I love the fact they are still officially homophobes (despite the best efforts of the current groovy pope), yet in Rome you can buy a somewhat homoerotic 'hot priests' calendar as official merchandise!

Speaking of Rome, Mourinho's lot have had a great transfer window

G0D

Almighty
Good. Defo wouldn’t want to see Auba for Chelsea. De Jong though I do just because it’ll be hilarious to mock United fans. Plus center mid is probably Chelsea’s strongest position anyway so don’t see De Jong moving the needle for them that much.

Auba would though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom