• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Positionally talking a RB always needs to be there if a cross from the left wing comes. It's not like he did some outstanding. It's not even man marking tactic..it's zone tactic. Mar marking is something you don't see anymore in modern football. Yes Gabriel got no mark because his zone got no one. White needed to cover his zone and he didn't so well.

But it was Gabriel's mistake that forced Saliba to change his man last second. White shouldn't have even been required, Gabriel got sucked into the header Zinchenko was already heading for, didn't get there, and then couldn't get back in time. How you are turning Gabriel's mistake into White's is baffling. White's work there to cover was actually pretty good and he gets slaughtered for it :lol:

Notice how no one is saying Gabriel had a bad game even though he did make that mistake, and a few others?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

This is some top level defending of White! Putting biased hater AMers to the mud.

It's exactly what I remembered, I thought he got past him in the yellow foul, which was "a good foul", maybe once more, not sure. And those two bad passes. Otherwise great game and at least once put Saka running past the LB.

But here you see how "eye test" is not always very good, because many posters hate players like Xhaka or White, and their eyes only see the mistakes, never good actions.

:lol: thanks bro. I one day hope my posting performances can be as top quality and underrated as our very own Ben White's

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
But it was Gabriel's mistake that forced Saliba to change his man last second. White shouldn't have even been required, Gabriel got sucked into the header Zinchenko was already heading for, didn't get there, and then couldn't get back in time. How you are turning Gabriel's mistake into White's is baffling. White's work there to cover was actually pretty good and he gets slaughtered for it :lol:

Notice how no one is saying Gabriel had a bad game even though he did make that mistake, and a few others?
It was both mistake... White NEEDS to be there, it doesn't care if Gabriel lost his man... It's his position as well. But, if you are WhiteLover I guess you won't accept he made a mistake as well. But if you are happy, yes White is awesome and was a perfect game :)

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

It was both mistake... White NEEDS to be there, it doesn't care if Gabriel lost his man... It's his position as well. But, if you are WhiteLover I guess you won't accept he made a mistake as well. But if you are happy, yes White is awesome and was a perfect game :)

The bulk of this post is just incoherency followed by an ad hom and a strawman, no need to respond to any of it. Can you address what I actually said?

As for the "White needs to be there" bit. Yes! As cover! And he was! :lol: Why is this so hard?

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
I feel like you guys are arguing a moot issue. He did well and he didnā€™t cost us any points. Let us hope he continues to play well as does the rest of the defense. Lord knows we will need to call on all of the players and I hope they are all ready and able to perform. Long season ahead.

My reservations with White was always in regards to the spending and not so much his ability though I maintained at the time that he was purchased that he wouldnā€™t have been a better defender than the one he was replacing (Luiz). He has grown but I still havenā€™t seen where he is a better passer than luiz though heā€™s certainly more athletic. So he will grow and hope he becomes a much much better defender.

I have said before that he has many mistakes in his game and that came to the fore last season. I hope he has figured out how to be more even in his decision making (he likes to step forward too often) and work on his positioning.

Though I will state that Iā€™m not sure if it is a individual thing or by design but I notice that our defense plays a partial high line and any incorrect decisions by defenders will be problematic, despite his recovery pace we are a bit too open with respect to transition balls from opponents.

bergholt

Though I will state that Iā€™m not sure if it is a individual thing or by design but I notice that our defense plays a partial high line and any incorrect decisions by defenders will be problematic, despite his recovery pace we are a bit too open with respect to transition balls from opponents.

Judging from the amazon doco they don't intend it to be a partial line, might just be a symptom of not playing together enough or having enough experience

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I feel like you guys are arguing a moot issue. He did well and he didnā€™t cost us any points. Let us hope he continues to play well as does the rest of the defense. Lord knows we will need to call on all of the players and I hope they are all ready and able to perform. Long season ahead.

My reservations with White was always in regards to the spending and not so much his ability though I maintained at the time that he was purchased that he wouldnā€™t have been a better defender than the one he was replacing (Luiz). He has grown but I still havenā€™t seen where he is a better passer than luiz though heā€™s certainly more athletic. So he will grow and hope he becomes a much much better defender.

I have said before that he has many mistakes in his game and that came to the fore last season. I hope he has figured out how to be more even in his decision making (he likes to step forward too often) and work on his positioning.

It wasn't so much us arguing a moot issue as yorch being wrong about a perceived mistake and not being able to admit it. I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust.

More or less agree with the rest, but he's young for a CB and there's a lot of growing to do. I think there's a quality defender in there for sure, hope to have him a long time.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust.
He's being crucified wrt the Palace game, are you talking about in this thread?

Outside of two or three posters most of what I've read is fairly positive or atleast neutral. I'd agree that it's not exactly "gushing" with praise but I'm not seeing crosses and nails either.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He's being crucified wrt the Palace game, are you talking about in this thread?

Outside of two or three posters most of what I've read is fairly positive or atleast neutral. I'd agree that it's not exactly "gushing" with praise but I'm not seeing crosses and nails either.

Its those two or three posters I'm referring to.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Its those two or three posters I'm referring to.

That's hard to believe given the language you've used.

"I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust."

You don't think that reads as you believing that he's getting roasted by the majority of posters (or atleast a great multitude), "crucified" certainly has that connotation (for lack of a better word) especially on a football forum.

D

Deleted member 102404

Top player btw. Not many CB's in the league I'd take over him.

I think he recorded more tackles than any other player in the PL on opening weekend.

His numbers were pretty amazing actually.
Stats are not the whole picture of course, but with such good numbers and watching the game seeing Zaha failing to really influence the game, itā€™s hard to understand anyone suggesting he had a bad game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's hard to believe given the language you've used.

"I don't like seeing players who played well get crucified for extremely minor or imagined mistakes, very unjust."

You don't think that reads as you believing that he's getting roasted by the majority of posters (or atleast a great multitude), "crucified" certainly has that connotation (for lack of a better word) especially on a football forum.
What are you trying to do here? It's really weird you jumped out to comment this.

The guy proved with evidence, and did hard work to get it, that White actually had a good game with only a couple mistakes against a quality winger, while some here tried to claim he had terrible game.

You try to suggest he is somehow overreacting (or what?), by picking one word "crucified" he used. Btw. even two or three people can crucify another person. It's just a figure of speech anyway, he is not talking about Jesus in the cross kind of crucification.

Here in a dictionary explanation you can see that it can be used even for a single person:

"informal

to severely punish or damage someone or something:

He's going to crucify me when he finds out what I've done!"

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Loads of crying about strays and crucifixion but apart from a couple of guys I don't really see it. Majority have said he's done well.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

What are you trying to do here? It's really weird you jumped out to comment this.
It's good that I don't care what you think.

And for next time please save your words, as you're literally almost "crucifying" me with your excessiveness.

I was merely making the point that there wasn't an out pouring of "White bashing" due to his CP performance, most actually thought he did good or atleast ok (which he did, he performed good considering that Zaha is a hard opponent).

I could see the implication in a few posts and picked his as well he did say "crucified".

drippin

It's good that I don't care what you think.

And for next time please save your words, as you're literally almost "crucifying" me with your excessiveness.

I was merely making the point that there wasn't an out pouring of "White bashing" due to his CP performance, most actually thought he did good or atleast ok (which he did, he performed good considering that Zaha is a hard opponent).

I could see the implication in a few posts and picked his as well he did say "crucified".
I only asked a question about you jumping in commenting kinda offtopic, because you suggested Markstar making his point against some posters is somehow not justified or he is overreacting or something.

Like I said, it just looks really weird. So I asked why, but you can play martyr against a question of your behaviour.

drippin

Loads of crying about strays and crucifixion but apart from a couple of guys I don't really see it. Majority have said he's done well.
Markstar has argued with some posters, and showed with proof that he didn't really get skinned against Zaha like some suggested.

Rather looks like loads of crying etc. about his defence of White, just because he used one word certain people want to interpret in a certain way.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

I only asked a question about you jumping in commenting kinda offtopic, because you suggested Markstar making his point against some posters is somehow not justified or he is overreacting or something.

Like I said, it just looks really weird. So I asked why, but you can play martyr against a question of your behaviour.

Well firstly it wasn't off topic because it was directly concerning Ben White. And no I didn't say he was overreacting or not justified in his comments on Ben White.

But I definitely don't agree with his implication that Ben White was getting dragged for the Crystal Palace game, because BWhite really wasn't, a few posters had some bad things to say about him but that's it.

As for your last paragraph....I mean the way you're questioning me looks just as weird so pot kettle black in that regard.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom