• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Even that convo he had with Laca through his car window showed no contrition, so just that coupled with his prior actions.

If he actually cared, there wouldn't be a dossier of evidence of your misdemeanours.

Would love to see that dossier. Maybe it looks like this:

"Auba didnt laugh at my joke about Laca's baldness."

"Auba asked me why my tactics was awful."

"Auba said something positive about Emery."

"Auba was a few minutes late and thats worse than **** *********, blud."

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The narrative on here that some people have been pushing about Arteta has always been ridiculous. We've been complaining about the rotten culture of the club for years but when we have a manager who says "no" and holds our top players to account to build a performance culture he gets ridiculed.

I've maintained that we can do better than Arteta and that he shouldn't get a free pass, but equally Özil, Aubameyang, etc have responsibilities. They accept enormous contracts and are expected to perform and be professional. No problem with that.

They have responsibilities but you make exceptions for your best players. You're trying to win football matches not run a military school.Any other player that wants privileges should start producing football at that level.

We sell Aubameyang, can't score a goal to save our lives and miss out on top 4. A masterclass in management from Arteta. Cutting off your nose to spite your face FC.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Rotten culture? We had issues but lets not pretend that the squad was filled with nonces and anarchists. And lets not pretend that you can have a squad with only nice boys that accept everything The Great Leader say.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
They have responsibilities but you make exceptions for your best players. You're trying to win football matches not run a military school.Any other player that wants privileges should start producing football at that level.

We sell Aubameyang, can't score a goal to save our lives and miss out on top 4. A masterclass in management from Arteta. Cutting off your nose to spite your face FC.
Based on this, do you continue to make exceptions after their form takes an 18 month dip?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Say it to my face, or in your case chest.

Small boy.

This one has been brewing for a while now. After formal discussions with both camps, the terms have officially been set:

Bouncer vs Likkleman with @GDeep™ in his corner (01/10/22)

- Undercard TBC

- Build up exclusively on my Patreon.

- Minimum stake £500 (PM for further information)

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Based on this, do you continue to make exceptions after their form takes an 18 month dip?

Auba left and instantly started scoring again at Barcelona. We also couldn't create a chance to save our lives, maybe he wasn't the problem. Generally? How much of a dip are we talking? Someone who's accustomed to special treatment probably won't accept anything less so if the dip in form is drastic and solely down to the player then I'd consider selling him. But I don't think that was the case with Auba.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Auba was dropped in December 2021 so if he was poor for that long as people claim, why did Arteta give him a new deal?

Honestly, I don't blame players for doing what's best for them. I may not like which club they choose to go to and that's my entitlement as a fan, but seeing how clubs vilify players and cast them off like day old rubbish.

Get your paper, boys. Auba won Arteta his only trophy in football and without that I think fan sentiment towards him would have been a lot worse. Yet he gets lambasted in the media from pillar to post. Shameful.

samspade

Auba was dropped in December 2021 so if he was poor for that long as people claim, why did Arteta give him a new deal?
Everyone agrees he was good in the period before the new contract. Arteta gave him a new deal in September 2020. Contract renewal to dropping is 15 months so slight overestimation on my part.

The gist of my question still stands.

samspade

Auba left and instantly started scoring again at Barcelona. We also couldn't create a chance to save our lives, maybe he wasn't the problem. Generally? How much of a dip are we talking? Someone who's accustomed to special treatment probably won't accept anything less so if the dip in form is drastic and solely down to the player then I'd consider selling him. But I don't think that was the case with Auba.
If you had a set of rules as a manager, would you personally continue to bend them for a player performing at Auba’s level post contract? Genuine question.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
If you had a set of rules as a manager, would you personally continue to bend them for a player performing at Auba’s level post contract? Genuine question.

I wouldn't have a set of inflexible "rules" in the first place. As long as the players generally arrive on time, aren't rude to the staff and don't start **** with each other. Go nuts.

I don't think Arteta's level post contract was his fault so I disagree with the premise behind the question. But I'll play along, if his level dropped because of attitude issues and he kept on breaking the rules then I'd talk with him in private or fine him.

That situation got blown way out of proportion, it wasn't that serious IMO. Bending a rule like that shouldn't have resulted in being dropped from the squad. Wenger would have handled it a lot better. Explain to Auba that he has to set an example for the young players who all look up to him. or whatever.

Other players, namely Xhaka have done far more stupid things that cost us on the pitch but Arteta didn't say a word about that because Xhaka is his pet and follows his stupid behind the scenes rules.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Fine if he was performing but he wasn't. Goals dried up, attitude was (allegedly) poor. So Auba shares the blame with Arteta in my book. Arteta gets judged ultimately so it's hard to argue that he wants rid of Auba in those circumstances. Exactly the same with Özil.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Nobody ever claimed they were.

Worried about you these days grunge, you keep making up non-existent points then arguing against them. Who you fighting?

Nobody should really be scared of a 33 year old Aubameyang, but I think it speaks volumes about Mikel's tenure here that his fans are nervous.

Just trying to keep up with @Macho these days

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rotten culture? We had issues but lets not pretend that the squad was filled with nonces and anarchists. And lets not pretend that you can have a squad with only nice boys that accept everything The Great Leader say.
I bet I could find a post from one of your alt accounts complaining about it if I could be bothered to look

Latest posts+

Top Bottom