• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
@farzad4daarse get up and run around Tulum in appreciation of Xhaka-Jesus masterclass 👏🤝
I have been big upping Granit recently I’ll be happy as can be if both Arteta and Xhaka prove me wrong. Say whatever you want about Xhaka but his commitment and effort have never been questioned by me. Don’t get excited if I was in charge I’d still sell him and don’t think he is good enough. But the natural beauty of Tulum has me in a stupor and I don’t mean the rotting algae infested beach; I mean the two legged natural beauties. Can’t wait to watch this one after I get back home. Got to run the Instagram models are waiting for me lol

Moviegooner

Gabriel Jesus is magical. He makes us so much better attacking. This is going to be the signing of the season. He's everywhere on the pitch, he reminds me of Ronaldinho and Alexis. That first goal was a thing of beauty.

The second-best player in the match is for me between Zinchenko and Martinelli. Martinelli just gets it. Only 6 mil. What talent we have in our squad.

Special mentions, Saliba. After his own goal, he didn't put He's head down. He's only 21 he'll make more mistakes, but what a defender he's becoming. Wonderful reaction from the fans when he wins the ball back.

Xhaka haters, be quiet. His new role suits him perfectly. Since last season, he's playing further forward, and he's a better player. Goal and an assist today.

Six points, bring on the rest!!!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We're playing some excellent football, proper "Arsenal" football.

I love Laca and respect what he did for us, but the difference between him and Jesus is night and day in attack. I'm so confident with Jesus leading our counters, he has a bit of everything you want in a CF.
They have different playing styles. Laca was a poacher and misused for a large part of his time here by having to drop down too often in order to help out the defense instead of just being in the box to do what he knows best.

Jesus gives us more flexibility going forward due to his mobility and being able to play both on the wing and in front of goal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dat Partey and Xhaka midfield though...

Dudley-Boyz.jpg

...winners!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clock end was bouncing. Saw a fella with Charlie C on the back of his top walk out from there after the game. Makes you wonder...

Jabintendo

Played well despite the sloppy goals. Great to see the left hand side link up so well.
Hopefully Ødegaard and Saka will get back to their best shortly or could be down to White playing there instead of tomiyasu or Cedric.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta went from Spanish Pulis to the non smoking Cruyff in the span of two matches. Can’t wait to watch this when I get back I’ll have a few games to watch from weeks 3 and 4. It will be nice not falling asleep during our matches; keep it up lads.

andeoch1

Gabriel Jesus is magical. He makes us so much better attacking. This is going to be the signing of the season. He's everywhere on the pitch, he reminds me of Ronaldinho and Alexis. That first goal was a thing of beauty.

The second-best player in the match is for me between Zinchenko and Martinelli. Martinelli just gets it. Only 6 mil. What talent we have in our squad.

Special mentions, Saliba. After his own goal, he didn't put He's head down. He's only 21 he'll make more mistakes, but what a defender he's becoming. Wonderful reaction from the fans when he wins the ball back.

Xhaka haters, be quiet. His new role suits him perfectly. Since last season, he's playing further forward, and he's a better player. Goal and an assist today.

Six points, bring on the rest!!!
And hit the post with a header 👍

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should have been 6-0, two defensive mistakes from us and two goals conceded. A lot of positives though, dominated the game and created loads of chances, which is what we want to see from an Arteta team.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They have different playing styles. Laca was a poacher and misused for a large part of his time here by having to drop down too often in order to help out the defense instead of just being in the box to do what he knows best.

Jesus gives us more flexibility going forward due to his mobility and being able to play both on the wing and in front of goal.

I wouldn't say Laca was a poacher. His movement wasn't fantastic. He was an excellent finisher though, which is why it was so baffling he went on such a bad drought.

rockofcashel

Season watch time

Still +3 over last season, as we did the double on Leicester last year

Overall +6 on last season after two games

Defence.. we're still a little ropey. Could have been one down inside two minutes if Fofana had more composure. Giving up a few too many chances

Going forward is like night and day from last year. Even with two of our attackers not really firing yet (Ode and Saka), we look consistently dangerous

Could all go to pot, but Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa next three games.. we have to be seriously thinking about 9 more points.. and United, Brentford after, could leave us bouncing before the first NLD

The bench finally looks like it's got some quality too

Things looking up hopefully

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From The Redcafe

Jesus gives Arsenal the lead.

Arsenal look good

Based on the season so far, never mind City or Liverpool, Sp**s and Arsenal look on another level to us.

But is Jesus better than Arnautovic or Morata! that's the question.

Jesus again. meanwhile if we lose again, we'll be six points behind City - that's one top four spot gone then; we won't be closing that gap with only 36 games left

Arsenal playing really good. Cnuts

Jesus absolutely murdered Evans. Ndidi saving Leicester's ass.

Must be nice being a good team with a good manager and good players. :(

Why were we never in for Gabriel Jesus? I knew he was going to kill it at Arsenal. Both of us are also not in CL. Sterling to Chelsea, Jesus to Arsenal. It's either London must be the best city to live in England or Man City just won't do transfer dealing with us for obvious reason.

City would never sell to us. And he has no affiliation to the Eredivisie bite

I woke up thinking it'll be another day of all the top teams winning and us losing, looking half right already

Could Jesus be a Sanchez/ Aubameyang level forward for Arsenal?

Easy. Mad that they got such a free run at him.

I think he fits them like a glove, the 3 who play behind (sometimes ESR) needed a foil to play off and he's fantastic in the build up as well as being a far bigger goal threat than Lacazette.

I was pretty shocked at how dismissive people were of the transfer at the time.

This season is going to be brutal for us. On top of the usual, City look even better. Liverpool are going to be great as usual. Arsenal have stepped it up (sigh). Sp**s and Chelsea are strong as usual.

And here we are starting the season with McFred.

I fear the price will be paid by ETH.

Fecking hate Arsenal! Now their fans are all on the Flip part of their usual flip-flop cycle. Now they have Super Mik Arteta.

Tom Mix

Season watch time

Still +3 over last season, as we did the double on Leicester last year

Overall +6 on last season after two games

Defence.. we're still a little ropey. Could have been one down inside two minutes if Fofana had more composure. Giving up a few too many chances

Going forward is like night and day from last year. Even with two of our attackers not really firing yet (Ode and Saka), we look consistently dangerous

Could all go to pot, but Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa next three games.. we have to be seriously thinking about 9 more points.. and United, Brentford after, could leave us bouncing before the first NLD

The bench finally looks like it's got some quality too

Things looking up hopefully
Pretty confident that if we can win our first thirty-five games we'll win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom