• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 521,788
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Media silent on Sp**s spending £100m on Lo Celso and Ndombele and loaning them out.

Compare that to the Pepe/Lukaku coverage.

I put it down simply to the fact that there is a gulf in expectations between 2 clubs regularly challenging for trophies & a club whose last major trophy is older than our entire squad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Southampton continously sold average players for way more than they are worth and people were hyping up those signings, than that would be a fair comparison.

This is not about Lyon being unable to develop the next Mbappe. Its about the overrating of a range of average to good players (by football fans) that came from Lyon which were sold for big fees and did not live up to that hype.

For the going rates, I would disagree. They do ok, some better than others, but nowhere near their valuation and hype.

Being overrated is not something to hold against any player (unless your name is Zlatan). It's the people that do the overrating.

Most of these players on my list were highly rated and have since not lived up to that hype. Not their fault. Just football fans doing football fan things.

And fair play to Aulas, nothing against fleecing top clubs that are desperate enough, that's on them. Let's pray Edu can replicate that when they come for our talent.
Don’t think Lyon is a good or bad place to buy tbh, I don’t really see people overrating players because they come from Lyon specifically, they are a middling French club.

Paqueta has the Brazilian thing going on for him so if that was where you were coming from, I’d see it but otherwise agree to disagree.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Guy just can’t put the donuts down apparently. To be fair, most people in the world would lose motivation if they got £200k a week guaranteed for the next 5 years.

Think we need to calm down when we criticise these ballers.

Agree with this, there are players that love the game but there are also those who are talented but just ok with the game and could take it or leave it.

If I was a pro earning big bucks, in all honesty I'd probably dip too and enjoy life too much compared to playing football.

Obviously its still a top 'job' and better than most but training must become pretty tedious if youre half in half out and thats without Mourinho or Conte type training.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I reckon this ends with Auba signing a new Barca deal, tbh.

It would be smarter for them to offload him and sign Bernardo Silva.

Auba coming back for Teta :drool:

stare-staring.gif

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Selling clubs love hearing that utd will end up overpaying again

Ten Hag continuing to look a tit, says he needs quality players when he just got knocked back on Arnautovic.

Seriously Glazers need to step in now and stop this dude wasting money when he signs some fool.

Hes gonna pop out of Old Trafford for a minute and come back with Morata/Icardi or some sh!t..

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ten Hag continuing to look a tit, says he needs quality players when he just got knocked back on Arnautovic.

Seriously Glazers need to step in now and stop this dude wasting money when he signs some fool.

Hes gonna pop out of Old Trafford for a minute and come back with Morata/Icardi or some sh!t..
You want the Glazers to step in after ETH has made 1 signing as manager?

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Sounds good to me...

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

Villarreal and Brighton, close to the agreement for Pervis Estupiñán. The people from Castellón are working to seal the transfer of the full-back in exchange for around 17 million euros.

Can see him working out nicely, Caicedo has been a solid buy for them so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom