• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

VancouverCanuck

That was a mistake for sure. There was enough time for him to adjust body position to head the ball out of harm's way. Just imagine if it was Mustafi making the same mistake.

He did bounce back from the mistake. The crowd at the Emirates supporting him sure helped.

He is still the same player who has high potential. I don't see this mistake changing that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Was this even a mistake? I would say a mistake is being out of position, rash tackle, bad pass etc. This was more just unfortunate.

Our best CB btw.

Completely agree, Saliba had to go for it and sometimes **** happens, he was unlucky and it didn't matter anyway so onwards and upwards.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was this even a mistake? I would say a mistake is being out of position, rash tackle, bad pass etc. This was more just unfortunate.

Our best CB btw.
Mmm heading it back towards your own goal not knowing where your gk is is a mistake, unfortunate but yeah..

Kav

Established Member
SG24_first_2400x.jpg
If it was a certain Swiss player’s first mistake sure but when he’s at mistake # 399 the fans are understandably impatient.

I’m more impressed by Saliba’s mental strength after the OG. He continued to play well. If it was Mustafi we all know he would have fallen apart.

Kav

Established Member
Mmm heading it back towards your own goal not knowing where your gk is is a mistake, unfortunate but yeah..
Ramsdale was also at fault. Rushing off your line without shouting at your defenders is always problematic. Saliba had to head the ball as Vardy was literally right there and through on goal. He made the mistake of not heading it wider but his decision making was not entirely wrong.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Being able to bring in a player where the environment is positive so that when they make a mistake the other team isnt able to make it twice as bad and the crowd is able to get behind them is massive.

Edit: most defenders wouldn't have even got near trying to clear that ball, even less being able to actually clear it, has to be one of the most difficult balls to clear

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ramsdale was also at fault. Rushing off your line without shouting at your defenders is always problematic. Saliba had to head the ball as Vardy was literally right there and through on goal. He made the mistake of not heading it wider but his decision making was not entirely wrong.
Yeah communication was not good there at all, didnt like where Ramsdale was if he’s coming out he has to have it, creating chaos only getting caught in no man’s land

Reactions: Kav

ash_rasul

I thought he was top quality again today, barring the rather unfortunate OG.

There was one interception in particular around the halfway line down our right that was particularly impressive. He stopped a potential dangerous attack dead in its tracks and made it look easy, while setting up an attack of ourselves. Quality stuff.

Showed great mental strength to recover from the setback too. The signs continue to be extremely positive.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I thought he was top quality again today, barring the rather unfortunate OG.

There was one interception in particular around the halfway line down our right that was particularly impressive. He stopped a potential dangerous attack dead in its tracks and made it look easy, while setting up an attack of ourselves. Quality stuff.

Showed great mental strength to recover from the setback too. The signs continue to be extremely positive.
Was that the one where Leicester played out of defence and he shut it down, couldnt remember who it was

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Was flat footed when Fofana broke into our box and got in a 1 on 1 with Ramsdale. Apart from those two situations, I thought he was flawless today. For a 21 year old to be making mistakes is normal, but his performances have not been in the biggest league in the world. He's been simply dominant. His mentality today showed he is a top top footballer. It was like nothing happened after that moment. Love Aaron going over to him after and lifting his head as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was class again, own goal aside. Watched it back and it was an unfortunate one, they happen. Blokes an absolute Rolls Royce.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He should get his head around the ball and put it wide. Fairly obvious I feel.

He panicked alright, saw Vardy with the corner of his eye and felt he had to deal with it in any way he could.

Best thing is he didn't let it get to him. Mustafi would've put his hands on his hips, complain about every other defender and crumble right afterwards. Would've probably post 🔙 🔛 🔝 after the match as well.

There is a smallish case to be made about Ramsdale being a bit more vocal there, but this is their third or so competitive game as a defensive unit, it takes a while for everyone to work together well enough to know where someone will be instictively and whatnot.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Was clearly Salina's fault but you'd actually except Ramsdale to anticipate better, it was clear that Salina was trying to nod it back, but ramsdale body position was all wrong, as if a shot was coming.

I would've, expected Leno to save both Leicester goals. But that's the issue. Ramsdale is quality at palyig our from the back but a bang average keeper.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He panicked alright, saw Vardy with the corner of his eye and felt he had to deal with it in any way he could.

Best thing is he didn't let it get to him. Mustafi would've put his hands on his hips, complain about every other defender and crumble right afterwards. Would've probably post 🔙 🔛 🔝 after the match as well.

There is a smallish case to be made about Ramsdale being a bit more vocal there, but this is their third or so competitive game as a defensive unit, it takes a while for everyone to work together well enough to know where someone will be instictively and whatnot.
Agreed, loved his reaction. Just felt preferential treatment was too much- it’s a mistake.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's no point trying to spin it. It was clearly an error from Saliba. Same as Ramsdale for the second. It happens, it's not a big deal.

In some ways it wasn't a bad thing to happen in hindsight. We knew he was composed in general play when things were going well, but how would he react and how would his composure be after making a goal conceding error? He was excellent, passed that test with flying colours.

Top Bottom