• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,575

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
At the same time, Arsenal badly needs a player who can work the ball like Tielemans.
In this case, the best case would be: Arsenal plays 3-2-5 in possession. Xhaka often stays on the left as a double with Partey. This season, Arteta has also used Zinchenko inverted as a double 6 and Xhaka more as a 8, closer to the box.
If Tielemans arrive, Arteta could move Partey to the left side of the double six, giving him the responsibility to cover for Zinchenko/Tierney and let Tielemans to cover the zone in front of the defense, like this:
White-Saliba-Gabriel
Tielemans-Partey
Saka-Odeegard Martinelli-Zinchenko
Jesus

A in-game varatiation to allow Tielemans to operate higher on the pitch and use his De Bruyne like crosses:
White-Saliba-Gabriel
Partey-Zinchenko
Saka-Tielemans Odeegard-Martinelli
Jesus

Now, you can argue Xhaka is better defensively than Tielemans, but it's harder to say he would cover better than Partey.

In my opinion, Tielemans is a no brainer and could see a huge increase in performance playing in Arteta's style of possession based football.
I would happily welcome Tielemans as an option, and think the two would share game time, but it would change the balance of the team and some of the style. Depending on teammates fitness and opposition, they'd be good options to vary. However with ongoing uncertainty I suspect someone more athletic and defensively competent would be a greater priority at present.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
QUOTE="Heavy Duty Rom, post: 5933276, member: 100638"]
Of course they care, some players you just can't sell. Its not just us, its every club. Look at some of the players still on the books at Chelsea and Utd.
But that is my point, they know it is unlikely they will sell him. I dont think Pepe staying affects Pino coming.
[/QUOTE]
Also PIno is young enough to not count against squad size limits.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With pepe i think some team will get desperate in last week or deadline and try get him on loan. Selling him seem impossible staying won't help him either he 27 years old manager don't trust him even as sub. It's problem but i don't think it'll block us signing winger

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With pepe i think some team will get desperate in last week or deadline and try get him on loan. Selling him seem impossible staying won't help him either he 27 years old manager don't trust him even as sub. It's problem but i don't think it'll block us signing winger

The club will probably loan him and be willing to pay a big chunk of his wages so I can still see him leaving before the window closes.

Diesel

200.gif

ChefMan21

Any truth to the Caicedo rumour that have briefly floated around? Doubt it, interesting player though, could be the mystery midfielder?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Partey/ElNeny/Lokonga/Xhaka/Ødegaard/Vieira. That's 6 players for 3 positions, 7 if you factor in ESR as a potential option.

Numbers wise we are fine, we need a level raiser.
Do we really?
I am happy with our current options and depth.
if we add something, let's bring an exciting attacker, our midfield looks good enough.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Tielemans is not our priority. We need a winger and a 6 to compete with Partey

Martinelli/ESR -- Jesus/Nketia -- Saka/new Winger
Xhaka/Lokonga- Ødegaard/Vieira
Partey/new 6

We didn't get top 4 because of the injuries of Partey and Tierney last season. Arteta knows it that why Zinchenko came here to compete with Tierney. But Elneny is not good enough to compete with Partey.

With the development of Lokonga at 8, and Vieira can play there, i don't think we will sign Tielemans.
But to find a new 6 to compete with Partey, it isn't easy.

I hope we will sign a winger and another 6.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do we really?
I am happy with our current options and depth.
if we add something, let's bring an exciting attacker, our midfield looks good enough.

Yeah, for me we do, but then again if any team in the world can raise the level of a certain position, they should do it. If we can get a Xhaka upgrade, we should do it.

But I agree with you on the winger, if it's a straight choice of a winger or midfield, I'd go winger. I feel we lose a lot when we don't have Saka and Martinelli out wide, so another player on that mould should be the aim.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Tielemans is not our priority. We need a winger and a 6 to compete with Partey

Martinelli/ESR -- Jesus/Nketia -- Saka/new Winger
Xhaka/Lokonga- Ødegaard/Vieira
Partey/new 6

We didn't get top 4 because of the injuries of Partey and Tierney last season. Arteta knows it that why Zinchenko came here to compete with Tierney. But Elneny is not good enough to compete with Partey.

With the development of Lokonga at 8, and Vieira can play there, i don't think we will sign Tielemans.
But to find a new 6 to compete with Partey, it isn't easy.

I hope we will sign a winger and another 6.
Yep. We need to start playing Sambi & with Viera we should have adequate numbers.

Hoping for a winger, but I think another option at 6 will wait until next summer or perhaps the winter. Let's see.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Yeah, for me we do, but then again if any team in the world can raise the level of a certain position, they should do it. If we can get a Xhaka upgrade, we should do it.

But I agree with you on the winger, if it's a straight choice of a winger or midfield, I'd go winger. I feel we lose a lot when we don't have Saka and Martinelli out wide, so another player on that mould should be the aim.
Who would be a realistic target for us that will definitely improve on Granit?

ArsenalInMyHeart

Yep. We need to start playing Sambi & with Viera we should have adequate numbers.

Hoping for a winger, but I think another option at 6 will wait until next summer or perhaps the winter. Let's see.
Florian Grillistch is still a free player :D He is not good like Partey, maybe he is better than Elneny.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who would be a realistic target for us that will definitely improve on Granit?

In this market I'm not sure. Watched both Tielemans and Xhaka the other day and Xhaka looked the better player. Obviously he played for the better team but YT didn't look a guy we should be pushing the boat out for.

Like the look of that Matheus Nunes guy but think Sporting want a lot of money, which I think would be better spent on a winger.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah it’s fair to say we don’t really need someone who’s a level a over Xhaka, what we need is someone on his level or just better than your Sambi’ same Elneny’s who aren’t top 6 players.

ArsenalInMyHeart

In this market I'm not sure. Watched both Tielemans and Xhaka the other day and Xhaka looked the better player. Obviously he played for the better team but YT didn't look a guy we should be pushing the boat out for.

Like the look of that Matheus Nunes guy but think Sporting want a lot of money, which I think would be better spent on a winger.

Xhaka has a good performance and Arteta believes in him. Xhaka is the second captain of the team. I don't think Arteta will spend a lots money to replace him in this season.
Arteta won't spend money for Xhaka's back-up when he has Lokonga, Vieira and maybe ESR.

But a new 6 is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom