• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had some sloppy passes and really should gave hit the target. He's high risk, high reward but more consistent highs are needed. I hope he stays fit or Arteta has an idea about how to play without him because we can't use an existing player to replicate what he does,even on a bad day.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Meh as long as he's breaking up play, stopping the opposition creator from having too much space/freedom and moving the ball on he's doing his job.

I don't rate him at all but he's done this well so far this season, aside from getting roasted by Zaha once, he's been more or less solid. No complaints from me.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Meh as long as he's breaking up play, stopping the opposition creator from having too much space/freedom and moving the ball on he's doing his job.

I don't rate him at all but he's done this well so far this season, aside from getting roasted by Zaha once, he's been more or less solid. No complaints from me.
Maybe he can also stop giving sloppy ass passes with no pressure? Nothing annoys me more than sloppy passes, loose touches and underhit or overhit passes, crosses. Players at this level should be measured and precise with their play.

Legend14

Established Member
He hasn’t played well this season. No doubt. To me, for obvious reasons.

That said, we already said we need a 6. It just may be that we need an equivalent 6 and not a backup. Not sure what we are waiting for. We have no other 6 that will take us to the top 4. Not insuring that we have this position covered would be negligent.

I am hoping that Partey figures this all out and stays healthy.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He hasn’t played well this season. No doubt. To me, for obvious reasons.

That said, we already said we need a 6. It just may be that we need an equivalent 6 and not a backup. Not sure what we are waiting for. We have no other 6 that will take us to the top 4. Not insuring that we have this position covered would be negligent.

I am hoping that Partey figures this all out and stays healthy.
We need another talented CDM with power and physicality and we also need RW competition, getting raphinha would have been massive for us.

D

Deleted member 102404

Partey has had a poor start, but the idea of Iwobi being better. Just no.
Partey is a frustrating player to have in the team. Now and then puts in a 9/10 performance and looks world class . Unfortunately it’s not that often. Most of the time he is just too sloppy and surprisingly weak under pressure. Don’t think he can deal with the lack of time on the ball in the PL.
We’d be better off with a player who puts in 7/10 performances week in week out than Partey… 9/10 rarely and mostly 5/10.
I think he’ll lose his place this year unless he steps it up and is more consistent.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Is AM ready to discuss some facts here? This guy is a flop and a few good games a year won't fix that.

Prime Coquelin or Frimpong would **** on this guy

The guy shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence Coquelin. Coquelin had far more superior peformances in a month than Partey has had in 2 seasons for us. Coquelin wasn't anything special and very limited player but you can't compare two in terms peformances for us.

Partey is better than Frimpong though but that's not saying much.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Iwobi thriving as a CM is only a mild surprise tbh. Quite a few of us thought he should be tried there, I honestly think he’d do very well there but Lampard is a bit crap and might flop it for Iwobi.
Iwobi has always been a baller and good physically, he just doesn't have that explosive acceleration or pace to be a winger. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he turns into a very solid deeper lying midfielder.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi thriving as a CM is only a mild surprise tbh. Quite a few of us thought he should be tried there, I honestly think he’d do very well there but Lampard is a bit crap and might flop it for Iwobi.

‘Thriving’ 😂😂😂😂

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Is AM ready to discuss some facts here? This guy is a flop and a few good games a year won't fix that.

Prime Coquelin or Frimpong would **** on this guy

Frimpong is taking the piss, but to date I don't think he's been better than Coquelin was for Arsenal. He's had performances that would be impossible for Coquelin to conjure up mind, but in terms of consistency, availability and other stuff yeah Partey hasn't been what we hoped.

Is this the role he played for Athletico? Genuinely asking.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Frimpong is taking the piss, but to date I don't think he's been better than Coquelin was for Arsenal. He's had performances that would be impossible for Coquelin to conjure up mind, but in terms of consistency, availability and other stuff yeah Partey hasn't been what we hoped.

Is this the role he played for Athletico? Genuinely asking.

No I think he was actually the CM who was the more progressive and played higher (not that Simeone allows his CM's to go beyond the half-way line in any case), usually played with someone sitting deeper I believe. Now I'm not 100% sure as I'd rather stab my eyes than watch most Atletico games but I remember it being a serious discussion when we signed him that he was definitely an 8 and not a 6.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No I think he was actually the CM who was the more progressive and played higher (not that Simeone allows his CM's to go beyond the half-way line in any case), usually played with someone sitting deeper I believe. Now I'm not 100% sure as I'd rather stab my eyes than watch most Atletico games but I remember it being a serious discussion when we signed him that he was definitely an 8 and not a 6.

Yeah for Ghana he's closer to an 8 than a 6 as well. Not that he's amazing for Ghana, but the teams a bit mixed which you have to take into account.

Optimal Partey is a sight to behold anyways, but it's far and few I've always been a bit meh on him since he's joined.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah for Ghana he's closer to an 8 than a 6 as well. Not that he's amazing for Ghana, but the teams a bit mixed which you have to take into account.

Optimal Partey is a sight to behold anyways, but it's far and few I've always been a bit meh on him since he's joined.

City last season was his standout performance. Evading pressure and dictating the tempo of the game. Out-with that it's been such a mixed bag for him. 1st season he struggled badly in the double pivot or in a 3 occasionally. Last season had a wee bit of a rejuvenation for a while at 6. Now seems like he's gone off the boil again. It's why I'm so surprised we've not gone in for some serious competition for him, Elneny's our only altnerative now unless we still want to try Sambi there. This could become a problem for us soon.

Top Bottom