• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s not that good is he really? It’s just Elneny and Sambi are terrible.

He has his moments of genuine world class but you could count on one hand how many, unless you’re @Hunta who only has 3 fingers.

A part of it is Arteta's inflexibility with the tactics also. If it wasn't a well rounded 6 or bust then a lot of potential names in the market become viable options.

Now you're stuck looking for a unicorn for that position, which I guess speaks to Partey's quality.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A part of it is Arteta's inflexibility with the tactics also. If it wasn't a well rounded 6 or bust then a lot of potential names in the market become viable options.

Now you're stuck looking for a unicorn for that position.

This is a major issue too, who is there that ticks all the boxes? 1st priority is being able to take the ball under pressure and turn with it, evade pressure. All of a sudden you're looking for this quality more association with 8's than your traditional 6. Then they have to be a great progressive passer. Then they have to be defensively sound and ideally a physical presence. Ive said it a few times it's a real difficult job and not many capable of doing it. I've seen many have a go at Partey (rightly so sometimes) but it's so rare I see them say a name who could replace him.

Tir Na Nog

Lone 6 and 6 in a double pivot are two completely different things btw, being good in a double pivot by no means guarantees that same player would be able to replicate that in our system.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has his moments of genuine world class but you could count on one hand how many, unless you’re @Hunta who only has 3 fingers.
Oh so you finally agree with me?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Oh so you finally agree with me?

Yeah you’ve been spot on. I held hope he’d be consistently world class at some point but we’ve not seen it. Reckon his weird little twin could do a job.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
This is a major issue too, who is there that ticks all the boxes? 1st priority is being able to take the ball under pressure and turn with it, evade pressure. All of a sudden you're looking for this quality more association with 8's than your traditional 6. Then they have to be a great progressive passer. Then they have to be defensively sound and ideally a physical presence. Ive said it a few times it's a real difficult job and not many capable of doing it. I've seen many have a go at Partey (rightly so sometimes) but it's so rare I see them say a name who could replace him.

Grillitsch is available on a free and seems to tick most of those boxes, while also being able to fill in as CB

I also wonder if Ben White could play as DM. For Leeds he was often responsible for dribbling past 2-3 players and picking out long threw balls. He has the ability on the ball, the positioning and ability to receive the ball with his back to opposition is something he'd need to adapt to

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2 I’m afraid, lost another last night.

Gunnerineverylife

Partey has had a poor start, but the idea of Iwobi being better. Just no.
Partey is a frustrating player to have in the team. Now and then puts in a 9/10 performance and looks world class . Unfortunately it’s not that often. Most of the time he is just too sloppy and surprisingly weak under pressure. Don’t think he can deal with the lack of time on the ball in the PL.
We’d be better off with a player who puts in 7/10 performances week in week out than Partey… 9/10 rarely and mostly 5/10.
I think he’ll lose his place this year unless he steps it up and is more consistent.
Lose place to whom though?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Grillitsch is available on a free and seems to tick most of those boxes, while also being able to fill in as CB

I also wonder if Ben White could play as DM. For Leeds he was often responsible for dribbling past 2-3 players and picking out long threw balls. He has the ability on the ball, the positioning and ability to receive the ball with his back to opposition is something he'd need to adapt to
White is good on the ball but technical ability for a no6 is on a different level.

I can’t see White taking the ball on the half turn and evading the press etc.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
White is good on the ball but technical ability for a no6 is on a different level.

I can’t see White taking the ball on the half turn and evading the press etc.

Although I imagine Zinchenko could, seems to be on a whole other level of press resistance

We could also splash the cash and go for Neves

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The problem is his partner should be helping with beating the pressure and progressing the ball, but it all goes to Partey and obviously, we've added some defensive expectations as well :lol:

Xhaka just scored a goal so it's not the best time to criticize as AM experts will have a go at me, but for me, he is the biggest problem we have. Not being able to progress the ball or defend, he found a sweet spot in a more advanced position so he will add a few assists and goals while Partey does the heavy lifting and Zinchenko covers the space behind him

Tir Na Nog

The problem is his partner should be helping with beating the pressure and progressing the ball, but it all goes to Partey and obviously, we've added some defensive expectations as well :lol:

Xhaka just scored a goal so it's not the best time to criticize as AM experts will have a go at me, but for me, he is the biggest problem we have. Not being able to progress the ball or defend, he found a sweet spot in a more advanced position so he will add a few assists and goals while Partey does the heavy lifting and Zinchenko covers the space behind him

That's the role of a lone 6 tho, he's own his own for that part and Arteta wants his two 8's to push higher. It doesn't matter if it's Xhaka or whoever plays LCM, they'll be asked to push up too as that's how Arteta wants his teams to play.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's the role of a lone 6 tho, he's own his own for that part and Arteta wants his two 8's to push higher. It doesn't matter if it's Xhaka or whoever plays LCM, they'll be asked to push up too as that's how Arteta wants his teams to play.
That's fine, but he is not Foden or David Silva really to do it. It's the thing that always bugged me about him, decent at many things, but doesn't really fit into anything other than being a positive guy in the dressing room

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Ndidi is class on this position though. Should go for him instead of Youri.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
White was such a pointless signing. Did nothing to improve us that Saliba wouldn’t have offered.

£50 mill on a quality midfielder like Bruno G (who was open to coming to us) and we’d be laughing right now.
Especially since a thin midfield we knew was too thin collapsed end of season.

Tir Na Nog

That's fine, but he is not Foden or David Silva really to do it. It's the thing that always bugged me about him, decent at many things, but doesn't really fit into anything other than being a positive guy in the dressing room

I'd want someone else for that role too tbh, but this is where we're at, Arteta has already referenced Vieira.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom