• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbh I don't consider myself a "sexual" :lol: I had to ask my mate WTF that meant and he was creasing up :lol:

And I don't really think I'm "backing Arteta" in the sense that he won't have endless patience from me, but the comparisons with Klopp are interesting as @samspade pointed out...you wouldn't compare league 2 footballers with Messi or Ronaldo, so if you're being compared with Klopp then you're doing something right.

I've said multiple times that this season is put up or shut up for Arteta, so I don't really know what we're still debating honestly :lol: and he's got us playing some good stuff, which is always a bonus.
Yeah tbf it’s less about Klopp v Arteta and more about Arsenal’s project v Liverpool’s project.

That’s why I was talking about money spent, time in the role and season outcomes. I’m sorry I’m not letting that indirect compliment of “if he’s being compared to Klopp then he’s doing alright” slide. Way too petty for that, I’m not comparing them at all. :lol:

I know it doesn’t seem the case because of how well they’ve done but Liverpool in 2015 are a good comparison to Arsenal in 2019. Similar club size, initial revenues, gross spend, stadium size, league finishes, squad quality and so on. I think they’re just a best case scenario of getting a big non oil club back to competing at the top level.

D

Deleted member 102404

Was he supposed to say "bit embarrassed we lost to that shower of ****e still"?
He didn’t have to say anything.
I think we’re seen by most as a dangerous team that could challenge for honours.
Certainly a massive change in perception has happened and it’s good for us. The more we get talked about as contenders the better it will be for the confidence of the players and the way others approach playing us.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He didn’t have to say anything.
I think we’re seen by most as a dangerous team that could challenge for honours.
Certainly a massive change in perception has happened and it’s good for us. The more we get talked about as contenders the better it will be for the confidence of the players and the way others approach playing us.
It was a joke.

Way too early to talk about a massive change in perception but I agree it's good for the team to be talked about in that way.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It was a joke.

Way too early to talk about a massive change in perception but I agree it's good for the team to be talked about in that way.
Perception is massive. Grown men used to **** the bed the night before facing Henry and co before our slow descent into banter-weight category. I want teams to be scared of facing us again. For now I’ll settle for “displeased at the prospect” of facing us… the fear (displeasure) more often than not trickles into the football pitch.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Vieira is just playing mind games lol, with that leak of a defence and a lack of ruthlessness we are a billion years away from challenging for the league.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Yeah tbf it’s less about Klopp v Arteta and more about Arsenal’s project v Liverpool’s project.

That’s why I was talking about money spent, time in the role and season outcomes. I’m sorry I’m not letting that indirect compliment of “if he’s being compared to Klopp then he’s doing alright” slide. Way too petty for that, I’m not comparing them at all. :lol:

I know it doesn’t seem the case because of how well they’ve done but Liverpool in 2015 are a good comparison to Arsenal in 2019. Similar club size, initial revenues, gross spend, stadium size, league finishes, squad quality and so on. I think they’re just a best case scenario of getting a big non oil club back to competing at the top level.

Bollocks to that doublespeak :lol: you can't directly compare them based on metrics such as money, time spent and season outcomes and in the next sentence say you're not comparing them. You then go on to compare the 'projects' (lead by the two men) again in the next paragraph!

Back your own posts, lad!

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Perception is massive. Grown men used to **** the bed the night before facing Henry and co before our slow descent into banter-weight category. I want teams to be scared of facing us again. For now I’ll settle for “displeased at the prospect” of facing us… the fear (displeasure) more often than not trickles into the football pitch.

Agreed, Think defences look at our front 3 now and know they'll be in for a tough afternoon, and you love to see it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, Think defences look at our front 3 now and know they'll be in for a tough afternoon, and you love to see it.

Yeah I get this vibe a little bit, hopefully we continue that vs Bournemouth, I’ve been loving the way there’s a bit more fluidity in the front 3 and Jesus is popping up everywhere.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Yeah I get this vibe a little bit, hopefully we continue that vs Bournemouth, I’ve been loving the way there’s a bit more fluidity in the front 3 and Jesus is popping up everywhere.

100%, I was always of the opinion that Martinelli was more of a CF than a winger, but the interchange with Jesus means they can both play together and float in and out of dangerous positions using their high football IQ, workrate and positioning, making a static 'position' less relevant for both. It also allows Jesus to get his foot on the ball more by going wide if he feels he needs touches in a game.

All good stuff.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Remember when that tw@ deeney said we don’t have cojones. I think the reason it really really pissed off is because deep down we knew it was true. And so did our opponents. I’d wager they don’t think that anymore. We’re obviously not mentality monsters evidenced by last season but with the winning mentality of the new additions and continual growth of our youngsters I really think/hope this is the year where our mentality graduates to a winning one. Still a step up to go to elite killer mentality but progress.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Vieira is just playing mind games lol, with that leak of a defence and a lack of ruthlessness we are a billion years away from challenging for the league.

What mind games would he be playing? Do you think he gives a **** to undermine Arsenal as Crystal Palace boss when he doesn't have an upcoming fixture with us? Makes no sense.

Now if you'd said something like he's trying to keep the Arsenal fans sweet as he sees the Arsenal job as his next big job then I could see that POV.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Brainless, delusional? I can see the hunting down of Arteta critics has started, and is likely to grow on this forum as the money pumped in lifts him out of being an under performing top 8 manager for 3 seasons.

The cancel culture has begun, and its the exact reverse of what was happening here in 2016.
I don’t know too many AM posters dumb enough start Willian over wingback Saka for most of a season. Give me 400 million pounds
Fine! Let me show you what I classify as fair criticism vs unhinged drivel :lol: (btw this whole post is slightly tongue in cheek so don't take it too seriously...or do!)

"With this kind of backing, even a **** manager will do well, for a bit." - drivel

"Or spent 51 million on White our new backup right back while leaving our midfield in tatters with no cover. A great manager would of found away to get Auba scoring look at how many years Ferguson tolerated that raging prick Keane? Conte got Kane firing." - drivel

"Exactly. Imagine if we backed a proper manager this way, we’d probably win a PL title." - drivel

"And it's not even a **** manager at this point, any AM user could do it." - some of the dumbest **** I've ever read until I read this

"Yes, Napoleon by all accounts was a genius not only militarily and the father of global nationalism. He never understood that his nationalism for France would lead to his enemies Nationalism in Germany and dozens of other nations. Guy made stupid mistakes for years along with other major accomplishments that reflected his high iq and competence." - Man's talking about Napoleon in an Arteta thread :lol: :lol: :lol: motherf***ing Napoleon!

vs.

"Our failures were more than just Partey. Even that issue points to our weakness in depth.

But this is a new season. We now have a decent starting 11 that’ll play for the jersey and fans. Our bench is relatively poor still." - completely fair, intelligent post

"I wouldn't call it a mistake, the way the club has approached this is commendable to an extent.

I am of the firm belief that the club would have got more bang for it's buck with another manager though. I look at the team and the way they play sometimes and I really struggle to rationalise the persistence over the 3 years I really do.

To me despite the eventual improvement it makes zilch sense to me."

totally fine, reasonable even if I disagree

Hopefully you see the difference?
lol at least have the balls to quote me or mention me so I know you are having a go. Until 2 week wonder Mikel wins something big I refuse to give him slack for bonehead mistakes. So 51 million pounds is a good investment for a back up CB and RB, while Xhaka is lumbering around your midfield? Glad to know you lack logical reasoning along with a hatred of historical analogies. But if you want to trash someone put a name on it. By the way I think everything you write is pure ****, feelings mutual

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I don’t know too many AM posters dumb enough start Willian over wingback Saka for most of a season. Give me 400 million pounds

lol at least have the balls to quote me or mention me so I know you are having a go. Until 2 week wonder Mikel wins something big I refuse to give him slack for bonehead mistakes. So 51 million pounds is a good investment for a back up CB and RB, while Xhaka is lumbering around your midfield? Glad to know you lack logical reasoning along with a hatred of historical analogies. But if you want to trash someone put a name on it. By the way I think everything you write is pure ****, feelings mutual

Tbh I don't even notice you, couldn't care less who you are.

Farzad Stoned

Tbh I don't even notice you, couldn't care less who you are.
Funny you quote me over and over in 200 word post of out of context quotes that probably took you 15-20 minutes of your pathetic life. So stop playing like you are big time you are a sad troll without the balls to put a name on it, own it loser

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I don't really believe any of you claiming this time is do or die for him. You've already had such conversations, more than once. You're fans, it's your moral compromise to make excuses. You're slaves of your supporting stance.

I don't believe Edu and co either, if we miss out again as long as you can make a half convincing explanation, justify improvement, argue that it's just a matter of one or two extra players or that we were unlucky, Arteta can perfectly stay and keep trying. The abstract line of a complete rebuild will get done when it's done. It can perfectly take 20 years, all he had to do is keep renewing Xhaka.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Funny you quote me over and over in 200 word post of out of context quotes that probably took you 15-20 minutes of your pathetic life. So stop playing like you are big time you are a sad troll without the balls to put a name on it, own it loser

Well I'm glad you're owning up to posting some of the worst posts in A-M history, but I still don't care who you are. Not sure why my attention means so much to you btw, kinda weird.

Farzad Stoned

Well I'm glad you're owning up to posting some of the worst posts in A-M history, but I still don't care who you are. Not sure why my attention means so much to you btw, kinda weird.
You quoted me a dozen times trashing me and lack the balls to do an @DJ_Markstar. You mean nothing to me except that I love exposing ****** online it’s a hobby, especially cowardly little back biting types.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

You quoted me a dozen times trashing me and lack the balls to do an @DJ_Markstar. You mean nothing to me except that I love exposing ****** online it’s a hobby, especially cowardly little back biting types.

You're just frothing at the gash for some weird internet war that no one cares about or wants to read. I've already said my piece about your posts, you're crying about it with even less substance than the original posts. Go cry elsewhere, no one cares.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom