• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Leaving Turner as the only "competition" is a mistake. Ramsdale has talent and I believe he'll turn into a very good keeper but there's been too many goofy moments to start the season and it will bite us eventually. He's really got to improve his concentration and communication.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How good is Hein? How big is his potential? For all the time i've seen him mentioned on here I've never had the chance to watch the kid.
Sounds like he is a bit under the radar, because he is just from Estonia.

But with 20 years he is already the Nr.1 from Estonia and played already 14 games for them.
Of read on Twitter that he had some good games with a lot of saves in these, but not sure if it was the nations league or the WC qualifier.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Haven't seen the full match yet but from the highlights that near post goal we conceded was a bit disappointing. One thing I noticed and really liked though, was Ramsdale's response to the Saliba own goal. He was straight over to him with a gesture to pick him back up again. Obviously you can't hear the words but it looked like the reaction you want.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He wasn't in the second half of the season.

Ramsdale is still only 24, routine will erase the inconsistency.

I've looked at a few of the Ramsdale incidents over and over. I don't think he did anything wrong at all for the Vardy dive (hint: it was a dive) and his positioning was good for the Saliba OG imo. If you see what Vardy's position was and given that Saliba may not have gotten there, Ramsdale HAD to be present or it'd have been an easy chance for Vardy.

The Maddison goal was poor goalkeeping but I don't accept the other two as poor from him.

Haphazard

The whole trust the process PR has been embedded in our fans now, this fanbase genuinely believes a club should only pursue young talents that will become good players because the club said so.

People here acting like 24 years old is young and that he will magically outgrow his mistakes based on nothing but good vibes.

It's the case with most of our players, when the pressure is on these guys crumble because they have a weak mentality and don't step up.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The whole trust the process PR has been embedded in our fans now, this fanbase genuinely believes a club should only pursue young talents that will become good players because the club said so.

People here acting like 24 years old is young and that he will magically outgrow his mistakes based on nothing but good vibes.

It's the case with most of our players, when the pressure is on these guys crumble because they have a weak mentality and don't step up.
Nah, you've got it all mixed up. This isn't about blind loyalty to Arteta or the club management. We've seen that the previous strategy of signing mostly older pro's, supposedly with loads of experience just hasn't worked well. We've not been able to compete financially or competitively for the cream of the crop and so the players we ended up with (I'm thinking Socratis, Liechtenster, Willian, etc) just haven't been good enough.

A strategy of targeting some of the best, available, hungry younger players is appealing for a club that's rebuilding. And they've sprinkled in the experience we need - Jesus, Partey, Zinchenko.

On Ramsdale, it's too early to say for me. He's shown some very good traits and some suspect shot stopping at times but he hasn't really been costing us games so I think it's fair he gets some time. Really like his character, you can see he wants to develop and is a winner. That's got to be a good sign imo.

D

Deleted member 102404

I've looked at a few of the Ramsdale incidents over and over. I don't think he did anything wrong at all for the Vardy dive (hint: it was a dive) and his positioning was good for the Saliba OG imo. If you see what Vardy's position was and given that Saliba may not have gotten there, Ramsdale HAD to be present or it'd have been an easy chance for Vardy.

The Maddison goal was poor goalkeeping but I don't accept the other two as poor from him.

Agree. He made a great save early, but should have done better for the Maddison goal. Nice pass to Jesus. Other than that, solid through the game.

Some players just have every mistake highlighted and over analysed.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Though I'm worried about Ramsdale now and then (hopefully he improves), why are we stressing so much on competition? What competition are Alisson and Ederson having in their teams? Still they are maintaining their top level. I'd expect the same from Ramsdale.

Batman

You are a joke!
I understand you may feel a sense of kinship since he's damn near albino himself...
Who Are You Reaction GIF by PeacockTV

Batman

What's crazy is that all I said is that he needs proper competition and I think he'll become a good player in spite of the mistakes he's made. He then made a howler after I made that post and this weirdo gets all upset by it. 🤣 If he actually paid attention he would see that I spent most of last season defending him and singing his praises until there were too many consecutive bad performances to excuse.

Bucephalus

Mostly agree.

Vardy incident: might have over-committed early (questionable?) but did very well to pull out of the challenge and not lose his head over a situation that wasn't really dangerous in the end.

Saliba OG: position wrong, but understandable. Alisson would have stayed back, trusting that VVD would somehow get a touch. But this was their second competitive match together; I expect it to be different in a few months. (Also, don't blame Saliba: no angle, and slow moving ball so he had to generate his own power, making it harder to glance the header. That was a really difficult one).

Maddison: meh. It certainly wasn't good, but from that range, you kinda need to cheat, and from that angle, cheating towards it being a cross not a shot is also understandable.

And, of course, mostly very good distribution. For how we want to play, it's going be hard to find someone with a better combination of traditional keeper skills and ball at the feet skills.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom