• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Asked whether Pepe should apologise, Arteta said: "That depends on the player. It is unacceptable. I will deal with the player.

"On those moments, you can use the excuse that someone has thrown the game away, or you can react and show resilience, ambition and character and belief that you can still win the football match, and that's what the team did tonight.

"They suffer together, and they hope and they have belief that in any moment we could find a way to score a goal, which we were unlucky not to do."

Here you go mate. Threw him to the wolves.

For comparison sake, with an identical scenario. Same build up, identical offence, same result even, with both managers needing a win off the back of a mixed result:

Jürgen Klopp provided his reaction to Darwin Nunez's red card and Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace post-match at Anfield on Monday night.

On his view on Nunez’s red card…

A little provocation here and there – and definitely the wrong reaction. A clear red card, I cannot deny that. Yeah, he will learn from that. Unfortunately, he has now a few games’ time to do so. That’s not cool for us in our specific situation, even less, but that’s how it is.

On it being the first sending-off for violent conduct of his tenure at Liverpool…

There must be always a first time… it doesn’t make it better.

On whether he will speak to Nunez in the coming days…

Yeah, of course I will speak with him. I came in and I wanted to see the situation; in the game I couldn’t see anything so I didn’t know what happened. I saw Andersen on the floor and Darwin walking away, that was my picture. I asked then our guys already and I saw only, ‘OK, red card’. And then I saw it – yes, it is a red card. Wrong reaction in the situation. Andersen wanted that, I would say, and he got it. But he made a mistake, Darwin, so of course we will talk about it. But not yet.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
For comparison sake, with an identical scenario. Same build up, identical offence, same result even, with both managers needing a win off the back of a mixed result:
It would be interesting if Jesus, in his current form, did the same thing. Would arteta hang him out to dry like Pepe?

MartiSaka

We’ve already got our answer with Luiz and Xhaka. No.
IMO different types of red cards - trying to win challenges (however reckless) as opposed to physical retaliation like Pepe that was not part of the game directly. IMO he seems to dislike players acting on personal disputes ( i.e. Guendouzi) but ok with dodgy challenges he believes were genuine mistakes.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

IMO different types of red cards - trying to win challenges (however reckless) as opposed to physical retaliation like Pepe that was not part of the game directly.
True, but both are repeat offenders - Pepe’s was a one off in his entire career and clearly out of character.

Think it’s an easy no to that question you asked tbh.

MartiSaka

True, but both are repeat offenders - Pepe’s was a one off in his entire career and clearly out of character.

Think it’s an easy no to that question you asked tbh.
That's a factor also. So if Jesus headbutts VVD, arteta provides excuses?

D

Deleted member 102404

Asked whether Pepe should apologise, Arteta said: "That depends on the player. It is unacceptable. I will deal with the player.

"On those moments, you can use the excuse that someone has thrown the game away, or you can react and show resilience, ambition and character and belief that you can still win the football match, and that's what the team did tonight.

"They suffer together, and they hope and they have belief that in any moment we could find a way to score a goal, which we were unlucky not to do."

Here you go mate. Threw him to the wolves. I have no time for any non negotiable after this nonsense.

That was unacceptable by Pepe.

He said the same when Xhaka got sent off.
No double standard.

Think you are seeing things you want to see.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just finished the latest episode of AON. Must say Arteta does drop a lot of F-bombs! **** me!

Ben White came across really well in the latest episode. Very intelligent and hard working. I understand what they saw in him. Not sure it was worth 50m but that is neither here nor there anymore. Good and versatile guy to have on the team. Plus he has a real attitude. Can be a proper **** when needed.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta luck strikes again @Makingtrax

Interestingly enough, the Athletic claimed he popped it in the gym at the time. Could have been done to save his blushes though.

That's embarrassing and I would imagine that would hurt a competitor like Tierney's pride. Hopefully his reduced minutes helps him long term in this regard he's been at it since a young age.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom