• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 524,962
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah no idea why Neville put him on the red list, he was a superb big game player for United and pretty solid in general. I think he's just been memed so much that it's the reputation he has, but it's also why I struggle to take Neville seriously these days, says so much to appease United fans instead of just being blunt and honest.

Put @Juan Matas Beard on the red list too, disgusting stuff from T-Bag.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Yeah no idea why Neville put him on the red list, he was a superb big game player for United and pretty solid in general. I think he's just been memed so much that it's the reputation he has, but it's also why I struggle to take Neville seriously these days, says so much to appease United fans instead of just being blunt and honest.

Yeah, I don't think we win the Europa League final vs Ajax without him, they would have outplayed us. I think he put Matic and Cavani in amber list which was a surprise to me in comparison with Fellaini. Both the former gave up after a short spell or lost their legs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't know Jason burt why he reporting about utd too much these days he usually don't do that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

These are fan appeasing signings as much as anything else. Tho they do also improve the starting XI in terms of what United need so it might work out in the end if they can get Pulisic and Casemiro done.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I don't think buying a box-to-box midfielder in his 30's ever works, no matter how good. Should be common sense. I've never been a fan of the signing players under a certain age mantra but if there's one position it does apply to it's for this role.

Their game revolves around their engine and when they start to try to rely on their technical skills to compensate for their decline it can get pretty ugly. See Gerrard or Schweinsteiger in their very latter playing career years for example and these guys were actually ballers. Gerrard trying awful Hollywood passes instead of charging the box is not the same.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's not about buying players with manutd. Thier problem it's just they don't work together the dressing room always toxic keep buying high profile players not sure will help.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martinez should be used as United's DM, imo.

He looks quick and aggressive, and when he is on the ball he looks pretty decent...if they keep playing him at CB in a back 4, you will just end up completely crushing his confidence.

Not sure what they can really do this window, feels like they are at the beginning of a long rebuild...would definitely try to avoid any big name signings for "instant impact" though, they aren't ready for that now...just try and build a young team with potential.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah imagine if Perez fleeces United for £50m.

Tchouameni paid for by Casemiro and crap like Ceballos/Mariano if they sell them.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't think buying a box-to-box midfielder in his 30's ever works, no matter how good. Should be common sense. I've never been a fan of the signing players under a certain age mantra but if there's one position it does apply to it's for this role.

Their game revolves around their engine and when they start to try to rely on their technical skills to compensate for their decline it can get pretty ugly. See Gerrard or Schweinsteiger in their very latter playing career years for example and these guys were actually ballers. Gerrard trying awful Hollywood passes instead of charging the box is not the same.
Do you say this with regard to Casemiro? He's a defensive mid not a box-to-box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom