• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ødegaard (man just doesn’t say anything and that’s meant to be my captain?)
Wouldn't put much stock into that, we only see so much. In fact, realistically, we've only seen several hours of what is an approximately 9 month ordeal. And what we did see in itself was selective parts of speeches and pep talks, it was very processed.

I'm sure potential Ødegaard content was just cut out.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't put much stock into that, we only see so much. In fact, realistically, we've only seen several hours of what is an approximately 9 month ordeal. And what we did see in itself was selective parts of speeches and pep talks, it was very processed.

I'm sure potential Ødegaard content was just cut out.
But when he’s on screen don’t you think he also looks quiet? :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
But when he’s on screen don’t you think he also looks quiet? :lol:
Kind of, but wasn't everyone? A large majority of scenes were Arteta talking with everyone watching on. He may well be quiet, but I think he may also have been done dirty in that regard. We just didn't get much of any scenes with him at all.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He’s a cuckk, from enjoying the Auba fall out to happily being “the ultimate team player” he’s an absolute disgrace.

Truth Hurts knew and I used to criticise his sending smh
Then had the nerve to go get sent off at Spuds. Should bin him.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Too much hate on Holdini for embracing his status, that vibe he has is what I feel from most of the squad despite the marketing attempt of ruthless professionalism.

But this is probably Amazon's fault anyway, when the squad is all together they are portrayed as cardboard cutouts that are only there to receive Arteta's words of wisdom.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What I'm trying to say is that when Xhaka retires he's going to be Arsenal manager sooner or later and the reaction on here is gonna be priceless.
What would be priceless be to see his first post match interview after a team that he will never manage, loses. He’ll be in and out of this game faster than Thierry Henry a best. You see, you can’t manage and not be able to take responsibility and blame. He doesn’t ever want to be the captain when the ship goes down. He’s just a noisy deputy.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Apparently so… Shame we haven’t had CL football since his arrival though, even managing to single handedly influence a penalty v Brighton in our last game to make sure his influence was final. You all love him though…

So keep loving him, keep loving Europa and of course (goes without saying), keep loving the man that has great faith in him, your boy Mikel… No wait… Mikel’s a wasteman ain’t he? . :bye:
How are you talking though. You stay sucking Mikdick while hating Xhaka, how does that work for you?

D

Deleted member 102404

I think it really boils down to your own personality what you think of Arteta‘s rants in this series.
“Shut your mouth and eat it,". "Today is unacceptable. Don't worry, I will face the people. Today is hard to defend you guys. Hard."

If you’re a ranter and pretty intense yourself then you’ll probably think that’s superb and giving the lads the kick up the arse they need.
I like the ‘shut your mouth line’ but not so much the ‘Don’t worry, I will face the people..’ line. That’s a little too close to a martyr/hero complex line for my liking. I think it shows inexperience again… lots of things he says seems to point to worrying about what people will say. Hopefully with more time he will realise that what people say doesn’t matter and he is not there to take the sling and arrows for the players. He is only there to win football matches. The rest is just noise. Needs to mature as a manager IMO.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I think both Mikel and Edu come across as inexperienced and a bit out of their depth when it comes to some essential management tasks.

Edu seems a decent bloke but he would have a tough time bartering with an importer of damaged goods on the flea market. The guy has a face of a person ready to be scammed.

Arteta is trying to impose himself as an authoritarian but I think he comes across as pretty insecure which is understandable considering the scope of the job and it being his first. Looking from that angle, you got to respect the bravery and Machiavelism... kind of.

The good thing is that after this summer you don't have any more of these pay-to-leave guys and both Edu and Arteta seem to be learning on the job and you can actually see some progress. That's the positive.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Interesting conclusions, I think it'd be a good discussion to had. Some points I agree with, some I think are a bit of stretch.
Pretty much the conclusions of AM if you look at the overall posting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Guy has no clue how to use his voice. I could sort him out with an hour a week for a couple of months, just with a few simple exercises. He's going to need one of those electronic voiceboxes by the time he's 50 if he doesn't change something there

Can you train me up?

People say I sound too much like Pat Tate and find it intimidating 😩

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I like the ‘shut your mouth line’ but not so much the ‘Don’t worry, I will face the people..’ line. That’s a little too close to a martyr/hero complex line for my liking. I think it shows inexperience again… lots of things he says seems to point to worrying about what people will say. Hopefully with more time he will realise that what people say doesn’t matter and he is not there to take the sling and arrows for the players. He is only there to win football matches. The rest is just noise. Needs to mature as a manager IMO.
Yeah - he's still insecure about his status as a manager at this level. You can see it. I get the impression that he is far more aware of his ****-ups than people credit and he broods over them. You could also see that when he knew the team was struggling at the start and end of the season that he could see it, was worried about it, and wasn't sure what to do, so resorted to 'trying stuff'.

What he needs to get better at as well, is the Wenger super powers of 1) knowing how to make the team feel 'unbelievable belief' when they need it & 2)Being able to shield the players from his own stress.

the first may be beyond him as its partly a personality thing. The second should come with experience and confidence.

Being able to bear your own stress and not pass too much on is a really key part of being an effective leader.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Interesting conclusions, I think it'd be a good discussion to had. Some points I agree with, some I think are a bit of stretch.

Ødegaard aside as he might have opted to not be seen/heard, think that's actually spot on. My summary of it was pretty similar.

Dunno if Pepe is made to feel isolated, think the language barrier and the lack of trust from the manager just spread around the whole facility which makes isolation happen naturally.

I found the stuff they refused to touch on (like the failed and invisible record signing, Auba's perspective, Jan window) way more fascinating than some of the stuff they put front and centre.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ødegaard aside as he might have opted to not be seen/heard, think that's actually spot on. My summary of it was pretty similar.

Dunno if Pepe is made to feel isolated, think the language barrier and the lack of trust from the manager just spread around the whole facility which makes isolation happen naturally.

I found the stuff they refused to touch on (like the failed and invisible record signing, Auba's perspective, Jan window) way more fascinating than some of the stuff they put front and centre.

Did they ask for Lacas opinion on the whole thing? I mean he was made captain straight after and this was his best friend at the club. I honestly can't remember, if he did say anything it wasn't noteworthy

Latest posts

Top Bottom