• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You're chatting a bunch of **** as usual, where did I hang off Xhaka's nuts? And what kind of "no you" response is that first paragraph in the first place you ****ing infant? :lol: Try argue any point I'm actually making instead of just assuming there's a hivemind of people who all think the same as soon as they disagree with you.

I wishlisted Xhaka some ten years ago, kept hoping he'd turn it around for years watching him drop clanger after clanger. Not going to sing his praises or forget all the poor he's done because he's gone a couple of games without causing another carcrash. He's not a horrible player and has some good qualities - his availability comes to mind - but considering how we're upgrading every position (bar coach) Xhaka definitely needs to be replaced asap.
Firstly, you need to stop licking the walls if you're still using lead paint in your yard, ok?

Right, lets go back to this post:
How are you talking though. You stay sucking Mikdick while hating Xhaka, how does that work for you?
What has ever given you the impression that I'm engaging in such activities regarding Mikel? Was it the post you initially quoted? If so, I have no idea.... And if ever there was a better example of a bunch of hiveminded, it's well documented here in this thread. That's the way it was always going to be before the doc dropped and that's the way it turned out. But if it makes things easier to label anyone without an anti-bias regarding the manager, a Mikel lover, then what can I do?

So Ive established that I'm not on Mikels nuts (well documented here) and I'm also not a fan of Xhaka much like yourself, but you came wading in on that wrong assumption as you just piped an eightball of asbestos ffs. :lol:

Slug457

What has ever given you the impression that I'm engaging in such activities regarding Mikel?
You are jumping through mental hoops and hurdles claiming that the only reason Arteta has kept Xhaka around is because of his presence in the dressing room/leadership, not because he views him as a fine player, which all the evidence points to. You don't beg to keep a player, refuse to sell him when offers come in, have him as a guaranteed starter every game he's fit whilst not looking to replace him just because he "shouts alot". Looks like you knowingly or unknowingly don't want to admit Arteta clearly highly rates him as a player as that would reflect poorly on Arteta in your mind.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You are jumping through mental hoops and hurdles claiming that the only reason Arteta has kept Xhaka around is because of his presence in the dressing room/leadership, not because he views him as a fine player, which all the evidence points to. You don't beg to keep a player, refuse to sell him when offers come in, have him as a guaranteed starter every game he's fit whilst not looking to replace him just because he "shouts alot". Looks like you knowingly or unknowingly don't want to admit Arteta clearly highly rates him as a player as that would reflect poorly on Arteta in your mind.
Why did you quote that particular post and respond to it with this? I was expecting you to explain why I've been sucking 'Mikdik' ? The fact he places such trust does reflect poorly imo and ive said it multiple times. It's a hill he looks willing to die on.

In response to this, that's what I think to be the case and I've explained why. That's my opinion. I'm sure he thinks he's a decent player, but I also think he probably values his influence more. Hardly beyond the realms of fantasy. It's sport. But I also think it's a big mistake.

Last edited:

Slug457

Why did you quote that particular post and respond to it with this? I was expecting you to explain why I've been sucking 'Mikdik' ?
Because it looks like rather than holding Arteta accountable for continuing to play a player you and others consider to be very poor and damaging to the team you shift responsibility by saying he's only keeping him around due to his dressing room influence so he kind of has to do it. That would make sense if it was Mertesacker situation 2016/17 on were he was primarily kept around due to his immense influence whilst only playing a handful of games a season, not so with Xhaka, Arteta clearly rates his playing ability immensely highly, immediately brings him back in/plays him for 90 when hes been out with injuries for weeks, trusts him and plays him in other positions just so he's still on the pitch etc. He also has Xhaka playing at a high level in his new role atm, something perhaps even you would concede, so i'm not criticizing him for it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The whole Auba situation is never really cleared up. Just feels like there are massive gaps here. Things we’re not shown. Auba goes to France, comes back late. Ok, very bad from him. Especially if there’s been more problems in terms of discipline. But for Mikel to say he talked to Auba and “saw it in his eyes” and that was it just isn’t enough for me. Reintegrating Auba mightve meant getting top 4 if he chipped in with a couple of goals when Laca was stinking the place up. Does my head in.

LittleMo

The whole Auba situation is never really cleared up. Just feels like there are massive gaps here. Things we’re not shown. Auba goes to France, comes back late. Ok, very bad from him. Especially if there’s been more problems in terms of discipline. But for Mikel to say he talked to Auba and “saw it in his eyes” and that was it just isn’t enough for me. Reintegrating Auba mightve meant getting top 4 if he chipped in with a couple of goals when Laca was stinking the place up. Does my head in.
Tbh, if you manage to do enough **** that your manager, or anyone, can actually make a dossier of it then you are pretty obviously bang to rights in the first place.

I thought that being so late for the NLD that he got dropped was honestly pretty dreadful behaviour. Its pretty obvious Auba never gave a **** so that was probably the least surprising or unexplained part of the show.

I think Arteta did alright with it tbh, it doesn’t matter how good someone is, you can maybe let go occasional minor stuff but at some point you have to draw the line or you end up either treating all the players unequally or you have a dressing room full of players pissing about. I don’t see how he could honestly have done it any differently.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You guys ****ting on Xhaka are gonna make Bergman cry. FWIW I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's made out, and tbh as a 29 year old he's not going to be around forever so you don't have to piss and moan about him for that much longer.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
He was ****e the whole season, missing open goals and fluffing easy chances.

He is a busted flush.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You guys ****ting on Xhaka are gonna make Bergman cry. FWIW I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's made out, and tbh as a 29 year old he's not going to be around forever so you don't have to piss and moan about him for that much longer.

It’s the usual suspects. Not worth a tear.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He was ****e the whole season, missing open goals and fluffing easy chances.

He is a busted flush.

He didn’t even play half a season. And still scored more than Laca if I’m not mistaken. What I’m trying to say is he didn’t get any time to turn his form around after banging in goals for years and almost single-handedly winning us the FA Cup.

And the tv series also doesn’t show any of the conversations between Auba and Mikel. So as of now Auba never got a single chance to make amends and get back in the squad. In fact we see Edu saying he needs to come back in and a few moments later you see that they’ve decided to let him go. Surely something happens in between. Mikel “seeing in his eyes” that the trust is gone isn’t good enough for me.

I just don’t like how we discard good players and valuable assets for peanuts over a single incident Mikel apparently can’t forgive them for and move on.

Auba could move for a lot of money now. Money we could have gotten if we’d been smarter. Or, you know, give him another chance because he wanted to be a legend and loved the club.

I also guarantee Guendouzi will move from Marseille for a much bigger fee than we got. It’s just poor all around from the club.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He’s not a bad player but his constant shouting on AON was starting to do my head in after a while. He went hiding against Newcastle, didn’t once try to get his foot on the ball and play yet was having a go at everyone else but himself in the changing room afterwards.

I think the truth with Xhaka lies somewhere in between.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He’s not a bad player but his constant shouting on AON was starting to do my head in after a while. He went hiding against Newcastle, didn’t once try to get his foot on the ball and play yet was having a go at everyone else but himself in the changing room afterwards.

He didn't hide against Newcastle and he included himself.

Even backed up by stats as he was our highest rated player that day:

And don't forget towards the end of the season aside from his own game he also focused on supporting Tavares on the pitch.

So, saying he was hiding is just wrong and saying he only goes after others is even more wrong because that's just a misinterpretation of his words.

Last edited:

chessygoal

The light bulb scene is so cringe, I felt bad for Arteta.
But the little tidbits we got of Arteta coaching players on very precise instructions were very convincing. He obviously knows his stuff, and I love the fact he's always pushing the team to attack and be proactive.
It honestly changed the way I see him as a manager. From the outside I thought he was too conservative with a far too rigid system but he seems to have a clear plan in mind to make us play attacking football.
And kudos to my man Pepe for refusing to take any part in that documentary.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Sorry lad but the refs have sent you off.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The light bulb scene is so cringe, I felt bad for Arteta.
But the little tidbits we got of Arteta coaching players on very precise instructions were very convincing. He obviously knows his stuff, and I love the fact he's always pushing the team to attack and be proactive.
It honestly changed the way I see him as a manager. From the outside I thought he was too conservative with a far too rigid system but he seems to have a clear plan in mind to make us play attacking football.
And kudos to my man Pepe for refusing to take any part in that documentary.
He is wedded to the idea of positional play being the key part to get us to where we need to be.

There was a part in one of the final episodes where he says ‘I may change 2-3-4 players but I am not changing the way we play as it will get us to the next level’.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He didn’t even play half a season. And still scored more than Laca if I’m not mistaken. What I’m trying to say is he didn’t get any time to turn his form around after banging in goals for years and almost single-handedly winning us the FA Cup.

And the tv series also doesn’t show any of the conversations between Auba and Mikel. So as of now Auba never got a single chance to make amends and get back in the squad. In fact we see Edu saying he needs to come back in and a few moments later you see that they’ve decided to let him go. Surely something happens in between. Mikel “seeing in his eyes” that the trust is gone isn’t good enough for me.

I just don’t like how we discard good players and valuable assets for peanuts over a single incident Mikel apparently can’t forgive them for and move on.

Auba could move for a lot of money now. Money we could have gotten if we’d been smarter. Or, you know, give him another chance because he wanted to be a legend and loved the club.

I also guarantee Guendouzi will move from Marseille for a much bigger fee than we got. It’s just poor all around from the club.
There is no doubt that arteta's management style has cost us money in a number of cases. But if he can keep getting the kroenke's to spend at their current rate, it doesn't matter as much

MikeVinna

Established Member
There is no doubt that arteta's management style has cost us money in a number of cases. But if he can keep getting the kroenke's to spend at their current rate, it doesn't matter as much

Yeah that’s true. And honestly we’ve now made a big upgrade with Jesus at CF. But for the short term it really wouldn’t have hurt to keep Auba around for that CL run-in and sell in the summer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom