• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Wasn't he benched for Willian before Saka took over or are we rewriting history here as usual?
There was me thinking Willian wasn't at the club any more and Saka had nailed down the RWF slot, my bad! Must be rewriting history!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There was me thinking Willian wasn't at the club any more and Saka had nailed down the RWF slot, my bad! Must be rewriting history!
Why are you playing dumb? I'm clearly saying Pepe was left out before Saka took over, but now that you have nothing to say on that you can continue rewriting history

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Why are you playing dumb? I'm clearly saying Pepe was left out before Saka took over, but now that you have nothing to say on that you can continue rewriting history

Willian's time at the club has nothing to do with Pepe ultimately being pushed out by the superior Saka for the RWF spot, which was my initial point. Unless, of course, that you think things may have been different had Willian never come here? I don't.

I think Saka ultimately pushed Pepe out of that slot by being the better player, which was the initial post and is still my position. If you have nothing of substance to contribute to this then sit down.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FYsUp0VWYAIl27y

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think Saka ultimately pushed Pepe out of that slot by being the better player, which was the initial post and is still my position. If you have nothing of substance to contribute to this then sit down.
I'll stop this going further saying Saka had nothing to do with Pepe, if anything, they could've played both if Arteta wanted him. Pepe was never wanted by Arteta, if it wasn't for Saka he would look for another player on the market as he did with Willian.

Saying that, I liked Saka even before he joined the first team so I'm happy that we have him there and makes this situation with Pepe easier for me. With Willian, it was just torture for me

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'll stop this going further saying Saka had nothing to do with Pepe, if anything, they could've played both if Arteta wanted him. Pepe was never wanted by Arteta, if it wasn't for Saka he would look for another player on the market as he did with Willian.

Saying that, I liked Saka even before he joined the first team so I'm happy that we have him there and makes this situation with Pepe easier for me. With Willian, it was just torture for me

Pepe could and has played left wing :lol:

Really well too. Saka didn’t delete his Arsenal career like many try and have you believe, it was always a bit uphill.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Pepe could and has played left wing :lol:

Really well too. Saka didn’t delete his Arsenal career like many try and have you believe, it was always a bit uphill.
"A bit uphill" is putting it mildly. Imagine a winger who couldn't get more than three consecutive starts in the league, still got 16 goals across all competitions, 10 in the league in less than half the available minutes etc, in a team famously struggling to score.

Nevermind the "Pepe let the team down" interview. Arteta hated him from day one, regardless how you rate the player or don't not giving your players a fair shake alone is a sackable offence.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It might be unfortunate for us with Pepe, if Leeds are keen on Pepe they may get him more consistent game time & I won't blame him for leaving if he's promised as one of their top players. As I've stated earlier, I like Pepe & always will but Leeds are probably at his level if he wants to be a consistent starter.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta hated him from day one,
That’s a bit strong. I think he just wasn’t his type of player. Ok, I’ll even say he really really wasn’t his type of player. Unless there’s stuff going around that points to it being more personal, in which I’ll be happy to believe proven true!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember when he called out Chelsea BEFORE the cup final in 2020...said how it was gonna be all about him and Arsenal.

That was actually pretty cool from Nico, not many talk **** until after the game.

#Respect

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s better than Martinelli imo but I can see why Mikel favours Martinelli and it’s hard to argue with it. I’d still like to think it can somehow work out for him, but it doesn’t look great.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The lad looked like an social outcast in the AON episodes. Arteta clearly had a downer on him. We know that because he bought Willian to replace him at the first opportunity, even though Pepe played a blinder in the FA Cup final.

Good luck to him at Nice. Wonder if he'll get the best stats in all 5 European leagues like Auba did shortly after he joined Barca.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That’s a bit strong. I think he just wasn’t his type of player. Ok, I’ll even say he really really wasn’t his type of player. Unless there’s stuff going around that points to it being more personal, in which I’ll be happy to believe proven true!
Rest of the paragraph is the important bit. You have to give your players a fair shake and Pepe scored more than most other players under Arteta yet was disgracefully discarded

Goal of the game is still goals innit

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Good luck to him at Nice. Wonder if he'll get the best stats in all 5 European leagues like Auba did shortly after he joined Barca.
It doesn't really matter, does it? I was always saying that Auba was more of a burden for us even when he was a top scorer, which seems to be correct now when you look at what Jesus brings. The same can be said about Pepe, for all his brilliance there are some disadvantages in his game and Arteta went for players who work for the team, which Pepe and Auba never did.

It's a shame Pepe didn't have another go at some other PL club, but I guess after a rough 3 years he just wanted to enjoy his life and football so can't blame him that much

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The lad looked like an social outcast in the AON episodes. Arteta clearly had a downer on him. We know that because he bought Willian to replace him at the first opportunity, even though Pepe played a blinder in the FA Cup final.

In all honesty all the club have done has kicked the can down the road. This isn't over, but if he can pick himself and perform and fetch these guys a fee then he deserves some credit cause it's been a crap 3 years where he's become a worse player than what initially showed up.

We've seen from Torrerira and Bellerin that a good loan means nothing, but I am glad he will be out of sight, out of mind atleast. Unless his loan goes bad then I am sure there are some who will be delighted to let us all know.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In all honesty all the club have done has kicked the can down the road. This isn't over, but if he can pick himself and perform and fetch these guys a fee then he deserves some credit cause it's been a crap 3 years where he's become a worse player than what initially showed up.

We've seen from Torrerira and Bellerin that a good loan means nothing, but I am glad he will be out of sight, out of mind atleast. Unless his loan goes bad then I am sure there are some who will be delighted to let us all know.
Kicking down the road is now our fall back position for Arteta's downgraded players. It gives them a breather from his intensity and bullying style, and also gives them a chance to shine again. Although, confidence will take a while to come back for some of these players like Pepe and maybe Runarsson.

More confident and proactive characters like Auba and Douzi thought **** this, and got on with their careers without hardly a pause.

Top Bottom