• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He’s literally just said he’s never signed a player Arteta isn’t comfortable with. All signings are Arsenal signings, not Edu not Arteta.
Yeah obvs ive watched the interview.
WTF do you expect him to say. Did a few favours for my mate Kia early doors, Mikel weren't too happy but I had more power then & so was flexing 😂👌

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What was the need for this interview ?

Just putting stupid pressure on the team otherwise all the media hacks will have their knives out.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A rookie manager (joined as head coach in December 2019) and rookie technical director (since July 2019) on the job only for a few years. Still no CL football this season, won 1 FA cup trophy, massive outlay on young players on so far, and 21-22 season was w/o European football yet still failed to claim the 4th spot. What is more irritating is they asking for advices from wrong party, aka Kia, the result is the last-game scoring Willian.

Credit where credit is due. This summer the duo is doing it right with early foray in the market. But to see Edu coming out to defend the decisions to pay top earners to leave and still no firm word or vision of setting target on trophy or CL is still baffling. Maybe I miss some bits of his interview, but I really can't finish watching his 'airy' talk, especially the ambition part. Still all signs of rookie being rookie.

That said, they have learned lessons, and now instead of getting aging champion like Willian, now they are signing players at the right age with resellable value near the end of their current contract. Hopefully they can sort out the players wanting out in the next few weeks and further consolidate the core of the team and squad depth.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Edu making signings like Runnarsson and Turner is still shady to me, he's still in cahoots with Sanllehi and Joorabchian as far as I can tell.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Edu making signings like Runnarsson and Turner is still shady to me, he's still in cahoots with Sanllehi and Joorabchian as far as I can tell.
They've cut ties with the club completely, even Omari Hutchinson is gone. Now the club signs Zinchenko's and Jesus'... inquired/bid for Raphinha, what's wrong?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
So during a period where Barcelona are considered to be horribly run they still made 12M off Edu.

And we can’t pretend like that is a meagre sum to us. We’ve offloaded Pepe etc to save on the wages bill.
Barca didn't just made 12m off Edu.
They asked Chelsea to include Alonso in the Auba deal because apparently we had some sell-on clause, so this way Barca had to give us less money.
And after all that **** we terminated Heccy's contract so he could join them for free.

9jagooner

I think Arteta and Edu get off relatively easy from the fans. Wenger didn't do half of what they have done before getting outrage.

9jagooner

Arteta Job is coaching he doing his job right apart from his man management.

Edu Job is get the target the coach want and he massively failing.
Arteta was elevated as a manager many months ago. So far, he has mismanaged some of the players.
Also, finishing 8th, 8th and 5th (in the way we did) aligns with my earlier point. They are both getting it easy with the fans.

I blame the board, Kroenkes and Arteta for leaving our squad very thin this season but how on earth Edu is still employed?, He has no negotiation skills and completely clueless on his job, he was the first who introduced paying players to leave, atrocious outgoing sales and was getting bullied by every club he approached. please God, this ****** needs to go now, should have sacked him after Vlahovic saga.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Edu should be sacked, he won’t but he should be.

If we don’t get CL football he should be thrown in the Thames, but he won’t be.
And if (God Forbid 🚫) we come to miss out on 4th by Chelsea, which could be helped by Auba's goals, then Arteta should be going with him too.

Last season's lack of goals from attackers contributed to us dropping points, to which Auba would surely score a few here and there.
And then we had this new situation where we paid Auba to leave (because Arteta refused to reintegrate him back to the team), so in Edu's words nobody "will buy him" but then we find he not only came back to his brilliant form at Barca, but they actually profited from our donation to them by selling Auba for profit after a half-season.

Amazon doc really did them a huge favour by not highlighting the series of blunders they did with the Auba and Josh seems fine with it. Unreal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And if (God Forbid 🚫) we come to miss out on 4th by Chelsea, which could be helped by Auba's goals, then Arteta should be going with him too.

Last season's lack of goals from attackers contributed to us dropping points, to which Auba would surely score a few here and there.
And then we had this new situation where we paid Auba to leave (because Arteta refused to reintegrate him back to the team), so in Edu's words nobody "will buy him" but then we find he not only came back to his brilliant form at Barca, but they actually profited from our donation to them by selling Auba for profit after a half-season.

Amazon doc really did them a huge favour by not highlighting the series of blunders they did with the Auba and Josh seems fine with it. Unreal.
I refuse to believe KSE aren’t pissed off at the Auba situation. If we fail this season I think only Arteta can save Edu if he demands he stays - we know Josh loves Teta.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta Job is coaching he doing his job right apart from his man management.
Mikel is manager and his man management is costing us a lot of money and squad depth.

If he was just the coach then things would be fine.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mikel is manager and his man management is costing us a lot of money and squad depth.

If he was just the coach then things would be fine.

I said something similar elsewhere, but might as well say it here.

It would help a lot if Edu wasn't regularly forced to negotiate an exit for a player with a cloud over their head. Auba, AMN and Guendouzi should have really been fees, or higher fees than you guys got.

Iwobi is a decent example, was far from the best player at the club and had discipline issues of his own, but Arsène and Emery got the maximum out of him and he was sold for a good fee. The exact same player would be genuinely be worthless under Arteta and just known for partying.

The Auba Barcelona sale needed to happen to shine a light clearly on Edteta's deficiencies as a pairing.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Any word on the contract extensions for Saka, Saliba and Martinelli? If either Saka or Saliba have one year contracts next summer we will be on very dangerous ground especially given our history of selling recently Id be expecting clubs to start tapping them up soon, we might have the year extension for Martinelli but you dont want to be relying on it either.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I said something similar elsewhere, but might as well say it here.

It would help a lot if Edu wasn't regularly forced to negotiate an exit for a player with a cloud over their head. Auba, AMN and Guendouzi should have really been fees, or higher fees than you guys got.

Iwobi is a decent example, was far from the best player at the club and had discipline issues of his own, but Arsène and Emery got the maximum out of him and he was sold for a good fee. The exact same player would be genuinely be worthless under Arteta and just known for partying.

The Auba Barcelona sale needed to happen to shine a light clearly on Edteta's deficiencies as a pairing.
Good point re Iwobi. Just like AON highlighted Arteta having issues with man management around the training ground with everybody, it looks like he’s learning on the job how not to handle players you want out.

Or judging by this window, not learning.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom