• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Its going to become frustrating now, games coming thick and fast, rotation hard to predict. What do you guys think of Martinelli now, time to shift? I can see Eddie starting vs Villa, whether its at the expense of Gabi or Saka i don't know.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Its going to become frustrating now, games coming thick and fast, rotation hard to predict. What do you guys think of Martinelli now, time to shift? I can see Eddie starting vs Villa, whether its at the expense of Gabi or Saka i don't know.
Feel Ødegaard is first name on the team sheet for Mikel and will definitely start every game. Though will he provide consistently like last 2 games? And our players never seem to score off his great passes as well. That's my only concern.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Feel Ødegaard is first name on the team sheet for Mikel and will definitely start every game. Though will he provide consistently like last 2 games? And our players never seem to score off his great passes as well. That's my only concern.
Yeah i thought about making the switch, but it would require 2 transfers to free up the extra .4. Ultimately probably not worth it just for 1 game where he may or may not start.

blrgooner

Established Member
I would keep Martinelli for now. w.r.t rotation,I am more worried about a few other players like Haaland. I think its generally time to strengthen the bench a little bit though. I am considering downgrading Zinchenko to Saliba and get the extra money which can be used to get Fofana in the future instead of the 4m defender.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I would keep Martinelli for now. w.r.t rotation,I am more worried about a few other players like Haaland. I think its generally time to strengthen the bench a little bit though. I am considering downgrading Zinchenko to Saliba and get the extra money which can be used to get Fofana in the future instead of the 4m defender.
Benches are pretty useless with this 5 sub rule imo.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Still not doing well, got Rodrigo and Gross in for Dasilva and Saka. Hope that gives me a nice return this gameweek, will probably sell Robertson and buy Mitrovic for a hit next.

blrgooner

Established Member
Benches are pretty useless with this 5 sub rule imo.
I think we need 1-2 bench options just to cover for sudden injuries rotations etc. I had Zinchenko injured and had Patterson to cover for him who almost got a clean sheet. They don`t need to be super exciting.

I had White in my team whole of last season and I used to play him only in games where I was confident of us getting clean sheet and that helped me a lot. Defensive clean sheets are one of the parameters which are easiest to predict and having multiple options there usually helps getting a few extra points.

Dutch D

Piss off Klopp, subbing TAA off after 58min missing the clean sheet and subbing on Robertson at the same time to get a one-pointer as well. Knew I had to put Neco Williams on instead of Robertson but didnt have the balls.

Dutch D

If you make two transfers for a -4 now and decide later in the week to go for a wild card after all, you dont get the -4 right? Another shambles week, really need to make some moves.

blrgooner

Established Member
If you make two transfers for a -4 now and decide later in the week to go for a wild card after all, you dont get the -4 right? Another shambles week, really need to make some moves.
Yes. As far as I know, you shouldn`t get a -4 if you take a wildcard in the same week.
Awful week for me too. Other than Haaland, nobody got me returns. Had this feeling about Rashford as I had mentioned before but couldn`t get myself to take that risk before the Arsenal game(Which turned out to be a big mistake).
Not sure about wildcard though Atleast Gameweek 7 looks like it will be good for most of the teams whose players I have. GW 8-9 and onwards, there seems to be a fixture swing. Looks like a good time to make lots of changes.

Dutch D

Yes. As far as I know, you shouldn`t get a -4 if you take a wildcard in the same week.
Awful week for me too. Other than Haaland, nobody got me returns. Had this feeling about Rashford as I had mentioned before but couldn`t get myself to take that risk before the Arsenal game(Which turned out to be a big mistake).
Not sure about wildcard though Atleast Gameweek 7 looks like it will be good for most of the teams whose players I have. GW 8-9 and onwards, there seems to be a fixture swing. Looks like a good time to make lots of changes.
I wanted to wait until GW8-9 as well, but I'm currently ranked about 5m and none of my choices this season have come off. I've wildcarded before the price rise of Toney and Haaland because my team value is sh!t.

I like the squad I came up with, but I'm debating whether to keep Cancelo or to downgrade him and boosta midfielder. Also haven't decided for sure if I'm keeping Salah. He's not setting the world alight, but he is still one of the top midfielders in terms of points and I like keeping Jesus for another two rounds at least and I don't particularly like the other premium midfield options (could consider De Bruyne, but doubling Haaland-De Bruyne is quite risky).

blrgooner

Established Member
I wanted to wait until GW8-9 as well, but I'm currently ranked about 5m and none of my choices this season have come off. I've wildcarded before the price rise of Toney and Haaland because my team value is sh!t.

I like the squad I came up with, but I'm debating whether to keep Cancelo or to downgrade him and boosta midfielder. Also haven't decided for sure if I'm keeping Salah. He's not setting the world alight, but he is still one of the top midfielders in terms of points and I like keeping Jesus for another two rounds at least and I don't particularly like the other premium midfield options (could consider De Bruyne, but doubling Haaland-De Bruyne is quite risky).
The Salah thing is bothering me too. Having seen Liverpool play, Salah is nowhere near as influential as he used to be before and thus, having him as a permanent fixture seems to be debatable. He has good xG+xA but wonder how much of that is because of the bournemouth game.

I think its time to go for a Kane Haaland front line now. Strikers seem to be doing better than midfielders this season anyway so a 3 4 3 or a 4 3 3 formation may be a good idea.

Dutch D

The Salah thing is bothering me too. Having seen Liverpool play, Salah is nowhere near as influential as he used to be before and thus, having him as a permanent fixture seems to be debatable. He has good xG+xA but wonder how much of that is because of the bournemouth game.

I think its time to go for a Kane Haaland front line now. Strikers seem to be doing better than midfielders this season anyway so a 3 4 3 or a 4 3 3 formation may be a good idea.
Agree. I've seen several Liverpool games and he doesn't impress me enough.

However, I like my front line of Haaland - Toney - Jesus now. Will probably shift Jesus soon for Isak/Mitrovic when fixtures turn and he doesn't keep up in terms of output. So that leaves the option of Sterling or De Bruyne for Salah, or going down further in price (Diaz, for example), but then I basically don't have another player to put the money in unless I upgrade Andreas to Harrison/Rashford, but that's quite expensive to put on the bench.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Already WCed ans against my bettwr judgement i kept Salah. Now looking at a minus 8 to take him out but feel its best to wait 1 more gw to turn that into a minus 4 only.

Seems like the optimal strategy atm is to have 1or 2 players from each team as opposed to 3 or 2. City, Liverpool and Chelsea have been killing me.

Dutch D

What do you guys think of this Salah-less draft?

For GW7:
Sanchez (-Ward)
TAA - Trippier - James (-Dias -Williams)
Diaz - Trossard - Sterling - Martinelli (-Andreas)
Haaland - Jesus - Toney

GW8 is then pretty ****ty with double Chelsea and double Liverpool against each other, but the other players have good fixtures. Could consider Rashford instead of Diaz, for example, but then I have 1.7 million laying about.

blrgooner

Established Member
What do you guys think of this Salah-less draft?

For GW7:
Sanchez (-Ward)
TAA - Trippier - James (-Dias -Williams)
Diaz - Trossard - Sterling - Martinelli (-Andreas)
Haaland - Jesus - Toney

GW8 is then pretty ****ty with double Chelsea and double Liverpool against each other, but the other players have good fixtures. Could consider Rashford instead of Diaz, for example, but then I have 1.7 million laying about.
Yeah or you can go for Rashford in GW8 instead of Trossard. Don`t think Crystal Palace is a good fixture for United. Also maybe Cancelo would be a better long term pick than Dias if there is money.
Good team I think. Do you think Diaz is good for minutes in the long run now though? He also has tough fixtures going ahead. Maybe Zaha + Cancelo would be better than Dias + Diaz?

Top Bottom