• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He is criticising Ramsdale for being brought in cause he is English. No way is Aaron better than Leno
Why would buying an English player be related to "politics" compared to a German player?

Makes no sense, but it does make sense if he is talking about Kroenke buying an American player.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What marketing is there for second choice keeper and you saying he was happy being second choice until turner took his spot?
American owner bringing in American players to bigger leagues and having them stick is pretty good marketing for the Kroenkes. The US tried and failed to build up our MLS league. Nobody cares. Americans stop playing soccer by age 8 as children and move onto other sports (in general). It could be a nice little relationship type of thing between the Kroenkes and the federation that manages the USMNT (we care so little I can't even be arsed to look up what it's actually called).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

American owner bringing in American players to bigger leagues and having them stick is pretty good marketing for the Kroenkes. The US tried and failed to build up our MLS league. Nobody cares. Americans stop playing soccer by age 8 as children and move onto other sports (in general). It could be a nice little relationship type of thing between the Kroenkes and the federation that manages the USMNT (we care so little I can't even be arsed to look up what it's actually called).
Turner is not some dude from nowhere. He is USA nr 1 keeper and American keepers have greater history in the PL than Germans. If there is one position Americans have produced good players it’s goalkeepers

Again dude lost his place 7 months before we got turned. Why would turner be the end for him?

Why would buying an English player be related to "politics" compared to a German player?

Makes no sense, but it does make sense if he is talking about Kroenke buying an American player.

He believes he is better than Ramsdale and he is being played cause he is young and English. I really can’t believe this needs explanation

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Again dude lost his place 7 months before we got turned. Why would turner be the end for him?
I agree with you that it’s confusing because Leno looks like a crybaby b**ch here trying to make excuses and deflect blame from himself. I just don’t see what political motives exist to explain choosing Ramsdale over him. He benefited from those so called politics when Emi threw a hissy fit and left. It’s not political if a manager signs a player suited for his preferred setup and selects him. That’s sports. The Spanish manager selecting the English player makes very little logical sense here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He might not just be talking about the keepers lads, politics could be a theme throughout the team and if that is what he meant, then he wouldn't be necessarily wrong. He did mention Auba.

I don't see why he was made to train alone which is the part he seemed to have a problem with. Also the interview was in German so we should be careful about twitter etc.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

He might not just be talking about the keepers lads, politics could be a theme throughout the team and if that is what he meant, then he wouldn't be necessarily wrong. He did mention Auba.
I guess if you're still trying to make Auba a thing it makes sense. He went to Camp Nou begging for a bowl of soup, they fixed his hairline up, bought him a new suit, upgraded on him, and dumped him on a manager who just got himself fired.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He believes he is better than Ramsdale and he is being played cause he is young and English. I really can’t believe this needs explanation
You didn't answer at all how this is related to "politics", which is the word that was translated in the tweet.

Being an American owner, buying two American players, makes sense as "politics". Buying an English goalkeeper to replace a German one doesn't as much, and it is mostly related to being HG, not "politics".

He also mentions quality, and we all know how good Ramsdale was for his first part of the year, and everyone knows how much better quality Ramsdale has on the ball than Leno. He is talking about Turner rather than Ramsdale. Ramsdale has been EPL quality for years, Turner hasn't.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You didn't answer at all how this is related to "politics", which is the word that was translated in the tweet.

Being an American owner, buying two American players, makes sense as "politics". Buying an English goalkeeper to replace a German one doesn't as much, and it is mostly related to being HG, not "politics".

He also mentions quality, and we all know how good Ramsdale was for his first part of the year, and everyone knows how much better quality Ramsdale has on the ball than Leno. He is talking about Turner rather than Ramsdale. Ramsdale has been EPL quality for years, Turner hasn't.
Lol politics as playing English player in an English time which buys the manager time. Why the fvck would Leno care about Turner coming in. You basically implying he was happy being nr 2 until the owner decided to bring in a yank to take his

I can show you 10 different articles from last season Arteta had to answer about Leno being disappointed not being nr 1.

The Gunners boss also explained that the reason behind Leno’s departure was to allow him to secure first-team football, with Aaron Ramsdale the No.1 choice between the sticks.

‘For Bernd at the end, it was just a professional relationship that he wanted to sustain because he’s a player that for the past 11 years has always started games and he’s so used to it,’ Arteta added.

‘He’s an international player but then I spoke to him last night.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Turner is not some dude from nowhere. He is USA nr 1 keeper and American keepers have greater history in the PL than Germans. If there is one position Americans have produced good players it’s goalkeepers

Neither Keller, Friedel, Guzan nor Howard were better than Lehmann or even Leno and I say this as an American who grew up with Tim Howard's poster on my wall. Stop it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Leno thought he was in a democracy but Tets told him it's the other way.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Neither Keller, Friedel, Guzan nor Howard were better than Lehmann or even Leno and I say this as an American who grew up with Tim Howard's poster on my wall. Stop it.
Spot on. 4 keepers in about 25 years. Hardly any outfield players. The USA, for its size, produces very few decent football/soccer players. Guzman was a squad player a lot. The other 3 were OK. Nothing special.

Let's hope Turner can be a steady number 2. But with all the technology, scouting, social media he's only been "discovered" at 28. Red flag there.

I guess we will see tonight.

Legend14

Established Member
Friedel and Howard weren’t better than Leno?? By what measure?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still don't understand Leno comments first of all he lost his place his place to Ramsdale because he suit our system also Turner might be s**t but Leno was he satisfied to sit on bench? He clearly wasn't taking number 1 spot back and we didn't want to renew his contract.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He probably thought he could get his place back if he trained and played well. He kept a clean sheet against Villa? (can't remember whatever) and was dropped straight after for a not quite 100% Ramsdale.

Either way I don't think anything he has said is incorrect even if it is sour grapes. The club is political and marketing heavy which a number of us looking on from the outside have said. I don't get all the surprise.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I read some rumors not confirmed to media that he didn't get along well with our gk coach inaki

Top Bottom