• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good game, hopefully he can build on this. Or rather is allowed to, by Mick.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He looked decent. He doesn’t really take on his man which I don’t like, but he has a good cross on him and he’s sturdy. Hope to see more of him.

Think he has it in him but probably still a bit scared. The technique is there and he started doing some tekkers after he got 2 goal contributions. He was really having fun but the biggest party pooper in football Micky Arteta had to strain Saka's ligaments a bit more.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Will need to get more assertive, but a great finish and a great assist on debut? What's not to like! In all seriousness, perhaps, in a very different style, he can be the replacement for Pepe as 'right sided end product merchant'. Certainly he looks too good for u21s.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Wouldn’t call him explosive but he plays with a real football intelligence. Understands where the danger is and doesn’t waste the ball. Similar to Saka actually although Marquinhos looks a better finisher.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Dribbling will come in time. I don't remember saka skinning people every game when he broke in to the first team at lb. Give the lad time.

He's made an excellent debut for an 18 year old.
True. Martinelli didn’t have it either. I thought he was going to develop into a Walcott/Vardy type but thankfully he developed some flair. The thing that gives me confidence is that Marquinhos has strong fundamentals. Yes he’s keeping things simple, but at least he is keeping the ball well and making the right decisions. It’s not ‘fun’ to watch but it’s effective. I’m hoping he can develop some guile and trickery in the near future.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Dribbling will come in time. I don't remember saka skinning people every game when he broke in to the first team at lb. Give the lad time.

He's made an excellent debut for an 18 year old.
Yeah he can definitely dribble but I think you could see by the emotion that he showed after scoring that it wasn't a normal game for him and he was probably a bit nervous and focused solely on his role within the team rather than being more expressive. The boy looks a real talent though.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What's not being talked about enough (asides the fact that he clearly has a brilliant curling left footed cross on him cutting in from the left, we've seen it now loads in pre-season and for the U23s, it's Mahrez-esque) is that his combination play and assuredness in possession was really good and belying of someone of his age.

Big development this, he's a first team player that can certainly be counted upon on the basis of today's game, and honestly the difference between him and Pepe if there is one (and if it's a negative one) doesn't look much, though too early on to say anything for sure (though on early impressions he just looks a more technically sound, quicker thinking, and better in association player than Pepe--Pepe obviously has some advantages, a bit more ability to beat a man surely, longer strides and dribbling power, etc.).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom