• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Melquiades

I don’t agree. In Arteta’s system he wants his two wide men to isolate the full back and beat them. Zurich were so bad that he didn’t need to do that but against better opposition, Marquinhos needs to be braver imo.

I mean, sure. But this seems like pretty high standards for a teenager who just created two goals in his first ever professional game in Europe. The kid probably just wanted to keep it safe and not screw up in his first game by losing the ball in 1-on-1s.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Excellent debut. He didn’t really seem to put a foot wrong, and I love seeing him emotional about his first goal. I’m not sure why a few people were slagging him off for it in the match thread. He’s a teenager scoring in a European competition. I hope he gets plenty more chances to let the emotions run high.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A great debut with the first team and what better way than to score and provide a perfect assist.

Let's not raise major expectations on the kid just yet. The Zurich LB Aliti is downright average and I posted before the game that we should attack his area because he really, really is downright average :lol:

When Marquinhos meets better competition in PL or next EL & Cup games, that's when we can see his more meaningful performances.

quattro

good debut. don't know how he will perform in the league, but we now know that he is worth starting at the EL group stage level making it easier to rotate in that position for at least the rest of the year.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game last night. Wanted to see this lad. Sounds like he did well.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Excellent debut. He didn’t really seem to put a foot wrong, and I love seeing him emotional about his first goal. I’m not sure why a few people were slagging him off for it in the match thread. He’s a teenager scoring in a European competition. I hope he gets plenty more chances to let the emotions run high.
Clearly Lee Gunner fans

sss.jpg

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Looks a powerful player with a deadly left peg. Goal and assist on his full debut in Europe, can’t complain at all. We need him due to our light wide options. Good to see he’s capable.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka was the first to predict that Marquinhos wasn’t going on loan like many assumed, and that he was ready to play a part with the first team. Xhaka knows best.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seriously though, in the games I’ve seen (couple of u21 games and highlights of yesterday) he doesn’t run or dribble at players. It may be that he’s too nervous and just wants to do the basics but he’ll have to do more than cut in and cross like a favela Townsend if he’s to make it here.

Top Bottom