• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Postponements

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If you cannot go a few weeks without football then you should really question your life.

No wonder this country has gone to the ****ter.

It’s not about not being able to go a few weeks without football… obviously we get 2 months of that in the Summer. This is just a dumb cynical argument with actually zero logic.

Why should they cancel the games? And you completely ignore the arguments about people spending a small fortune on a dream trip to watch their favorite team. Not everyone has the privilege of living next to their team and having season tickets. And contract workers losing the work, etc… people rely on football for many things.

The countries gone to **** because people want to watch football? Zero logic….

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Those whining about a canceled football game should learn to enjoy life as there is more to it than football. Yes there is more to life than getting plastered on a weekend watching a football game then going home and have a loud drunken argument with your wife, kids and practically the whole neighbourhood because your team lost.

There is a time for celebration, there is a time for mourning, and this is a time for us to grieve.

"A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance." - Arsène Wenger

I cannot see myself enjoying a game of football while Her Majesty just passed away. It just does not feel right.

I’m curious, other than being born into the right family and using inherited money for philanthropy, what exactly has the queen done for us that you have so much respect for?

D

Deleted member 102404

Cricket now officially confirmed as going ahead at all levels.
This is getting very embarrassing for the PL.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This right here is the problem. They don't want a certain class smiling and want to force them to mourn essentially.

Same with the pandemic. They made sure the Cheltenham races went ahead when everything else was cancelled.

Absolutely no benefit to cancelling football while everything else goes ahead. Just leaves poor people out of pocket.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What was the point in cancelling football games?

With all due respect I don't give a **** about the queen. Under her reign, Britain has fecked up many nations all over the world including mine, not even including the many salacious scandals that have rocked her household. It beggars belief that the UK govt is trying to shove the mourning of the queen down the common man's throat, although admittedly, I don't know how things work over there but cancelling football games just seem excessive. Almost like some sort of aristocratic whim.

Apologies to the Brits here if my post rubbed you off the wrong way. Didn't mean it to.

Slug457

This right here is the problem. They don't want a certain class smiling and want to force them to mourn essentially.
Not everythings a class conspiracy bro, she was a patron of the FA along with the Welsh FA. The monarchy isn't forcing them to do it to punish the serfs :lol: They could have had the games go ahead but don't want to for a weekend out of respect.

Morning_woody

We need someone privileged to die (of old age/natural causes of course)
every time Partey gets injured.

I understand why Fa postponed the matches ....if we were living in dark ages. Makes no sense at all. The world goes on, no matter whether it's your own child, mother, father, sister, brother,spouse that dies.

What FA did today is so outdated. But what can you expect from an organisation that can't even get VAR right ?! Bollocks

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not everythings a class conspiracy bro, she was a patron of the FA along with the Welsh FA. The monarchy isn't forcing them to do it to punish the serfs :lol: They could have had the games go ahead but don't want to for a weekend out of respect.

If other sports are going ahead then I have absolutely no time for this I'm afraid. I was under the impression all sports were cancelled, but it's looking like it's mainly football which is poor there's no other way to put it.

Slug457

If other sports are going ahead then I have absolutely no time for this I'm afraid. I was under the impression all sports were cancelled, but it's looking like it's mainly football which is poor there's no other way to put it.
Well if every other sport is going ahead that's wrong, it should be universal and perhaps does somewhat stink of the Cheltenham being allowed to go ahead whilst football was shut stuff. I do believe the FA are doing it for right reasons however.

Top Bottom