• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I find it weird that people can still hate Xhaka at this point given that he's obviously good for leadership in the dressing room and playing well in a slightly different role. Feels pretty unhinged tbh.
He never apologised for what he did, instead blamed the fans. Fans only jeered him when he was taking too long to walk off, we were trying to win the game and he was having a tantrum.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Yeah I would trade Xhaka for Arteta, let's field 15 year old players and get 30 year old managers in charge

Arteta is already 40, he's a dinosaur

9jagooner

Who here had heard of him before yesterday?
Me. But only because I take special interest in players in our Academy with Nigerian name/background. There are quite a few in our academy (and other teams too especially Palace)

bergholt

He never apologised for what he did, instead blamed the fans. Fans only jeered him when he was taking too long to walk off, we were trying to win the game and he was having a tantrum.

Sure, clearly he was wrong. But holding out waiting for an apology is a fool's errand. Modern society places far too much weight on apologies - maybe just focus on someone's actions rather than their words, much easier to fake words than actions.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Good on Xhaka. It must be a terrible thing to swear back at fans who’ve been sending death threats to your wife and newborn daughter :facepalm:

I guess taking 15 seconds longer to walk off the pitch, time that the referee adds back on in injury time anyway, is reason enough for 60,000 fans to shamefully boo their own player too, right? :nope:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Good on Xhaka. It must be a terrible thing to swear back at fans who’ve been sending death threats to your wife and newborn daughter :facepalm:

I guess taking 15 seconds longer to walk off the pitch, time that the referee adds back on in injury time anyway, is reason enough for 60,000 fans to shamefully boo their own player too, right? :nope:
Errr no one was sending him death threats in the stands, maybe some random people on twitter, but let's be honest, that's pretty normal on twitter everytime a team loses or a player misses a penalty, not that I condone it.

He disrespected the captain's armband he disrespected the shirt. As we saw in the documentary with that sending off at Liverpool he never takes responsibility of his actions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What’s this boys background? Nwaneri I assume his dad is African and mum English?

bergholt

He disrespected the captain's armband he disrespected the shirt. As we saw in the documentary with that sending off at Liverpool he never takes responsibility of his actions.

Is it possible for him to ever do enough to mollify you? Sounds like you've decided that he's irredeemable, no rehabilitation possible. Not sure that's a particularly useful or logical position.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Errr no one was sending him death threats in the stands, maybe some random people on twitter, but let's be honest, that's pretty normal on twitter everytime a team loses or a player misses a penalty, not that I condone it.

Abuse is not “pretty normal”. The striking thing here is that you find him throwing his shirt to be more offensive than people sending his family abuse online.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s just a shirt end of the day. Give me 50 pound and I burned the Arsenal shirt ffs. He got abused and reacted by throwing a shirt that had his name printed on it. Hardly worth having a grudge for life

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
As for Ethan, having seen the Hale End documentary, I can tell you that a Hale Ender making a senior debut is a huge deal. He will get a plaque and a picture on the wall over there.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka managing Arsenal would have lead to several members here going on hunger strike, probably live on YouTube.
Shame that a lot of members won't be here to witness it as they'll be supporting our then ex-manager at PSG/Barcelona/City by then.

Tbf to Xhaka he's in great form and I never had an issue with him over the row with the fans. Hopefully he teaches Nwaneri how to throw the captain's armband and abuse the fans, my respect and love for him would go through the roof.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Considering the support Xhaka is getting from the stands, I think it is fair to say that he has the support he needs now. Overall, it must be better for the club, player and the fans to be in this more positive environment.

It is time to move on.

Top Bottom