• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesper Lindstrøm

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Wrote this assessment last season but other than adding a little bit of bulk it still holds true mostly. He weighs probably <60kg but shoots like a mule, is rapid and runs for days, very good on the ball and smart in his pressing already. Frankfurt play 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 and he's either one of two roaming AMs or on the wing, plays both equally well. His biggest weakness other than his frame is his finishing and final ball in general, has been really frustrating at times in that aspect

Arsenal doesn't need him at all though, he's very talented but wouldn't immediately improve the team, probably on a similar level to Martinelli. No idea why we would sign him when we don't even use all the players we have at our disposal right now.
Talented guy, very professional and hard working. But it’s a problem, that he relies so much on his speed. People who compare him to Ødegaard have never seen him play. He is more like a Sterling-type.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Talented guy, very professional and hard working. But it’s a problem, that he relies so much on his speed. People who compare him to Ødegaard have never seen him play. He is more like a Sterling-type.
They're definitely nothing alike, Ødegaard has the temperament of a midfielder while Lindström is a forward, you can get away with playing the former in a midfielder three but the latter wouldn't work there.

BIoodBrother

Wouldn't surprise me if he comes to be back up on the wing and push Martinelli.
ESR can't be relied on and currently we have no senior winger behind Saka and Martinelli.
No chance he could become an 8? Looks like he can receive the ball under pressure and turn..
(The Iwobi transformation)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd say we'd need a six for the second half of the season, first.

How does he play against rest, in place defenses? This is a reason why I have gone cold on Mudryk. Brilliant player no doubt, but he shines when there is space to attack. Not so much when the team is back defending with 8-10 men, a standard Arsenal will face.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

How does he play against rest, in place defenses? This is a reason why I have gone cold on Mudryk. Brilliant player no doubt, but he shines when there is space to attack. Not so much when the team is back defending with 8-10 men, a standard Arsenal will face.
Mudryk is so good technically he will easily be good against a packed defence though.

Like Mbappe is great in counters but in packed defence he is equally deadly

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mudryk is fantastic dribbler and clearly better than this guy. If he came here he would be better than saka and Martinelli against defensive team. It would be sad to miss out on him for this guy

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Wrote this assessment last season but other than adding a little bit of bulk it still holds true mostly. He weighs probably <60kg but shoots like a mule, is rapid and runs for days, very good on the ball and smart in his pressing already. Frankfurt play 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 and he's either one of two roaming AMs or on the wing, plays both equally well. His biggest weakness other than his frame is his finishing and final ball in general, has been really frustrating at times in that aspect

Arsenal doesn't need him at all though, he's very talented but wouldn't immediately improve the team, probably on a similar level to Martinelli. No idea why we would sign him when we don't even use all the players we have at our disposal right now.
His play style reminds me alot of Kai Havertz.

G0D

Almighty
Don’t understand the posts saying that Arteta sees Ødegaard can be upgraded… he’s only just made him captain this year after not long at the club; he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Could argue that we moved on Aubamayang but that’s a totally different profile. Auba was captain based off of being the most experienced member of the squad. Ødegaard definitely isn’t that.

Would prefer Danilo in Jan to this guy. Partey backup is the most pressing need.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Don’t understand the posts saying that Arteta sees Ødegaard can be upgraded… he’s only just made him captain this year after not long at the club; he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Could argue that we moved on Aubamayang but that’s a totally different profile. Auba was captain based off of being the most experienced member of the squad. Ødegaard definitely isn’t that.

Would prefer Danilo in Jan to this guy. Partey backup is the most pressing need.
I think it's just @hydrofluoric acid going all-in on his view of Ødegaard, and how wrong he has been about his quality. Just some trolling basically.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Yeah his shot is deceptively powerful. He needs to get a bit cooler in the finishes, I agree - but, I think that is something to come with experience. We saw the same at Brøndby. When he first broke through he lacked coolness in situations where you expected him to score or assist, but then he'd pull off something incredible afterwards that you didn't expect. Then the following season he got the coolness needed and started to deliver the passes at the right times and score when you expected to.

His drive is probably his biggest strength in my opinion - both mental drive and determination as well as drive with the ball at his feet. He's shown great resilience so far to push forward and continue to improve, and I think once he gets a bit more acustomed to the expectations at Frankfurt we'll see his decision making and final balls get increasingly better too.

His pace is obviously a unique selling point for him, as he's just incredibly fast, but I would never say he relies on it. His technique is just so good that he can still be a threat without running fast - some of his better games at Brøndby ironically came in a couple of games where he played with a knock which forced him to use his other qualities - and his passing is imo. an overlooked quality that he has. Both passing and crossing is good, not incredible, but definitely a solid addition to his overall game.

I agree that Arsenal don't need him. But I think he'd be a very shrewd pick. He's a player that could make an impact for Arsenal either at attacking midfield or winger (even as a False 9 I think he could have potential), and he'd be able to push the other players at the club.

I'm not sure moving now would be the right thing though for him. if he ends up on the bench it would be a pity. He needs game-time to grow further and get that bit more coolness in.
But it's no coincidence you see him linked with so many big clubs with the season he had last year, certainly the game against Barcelona in the Europa League last season as well as some of the highlights he had (vs. Dortmund where he destroyed Can's career with the dummy, I just wish Lindstrøm would've scored after it to close the game).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How does a mule shoot? 🤡

Latest posts+

Top Bottom