• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,625

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
mismanaged by Teta it seems.
had to tie him and Hutchinson and take em on tour.
Meh. Both of them are talented, but never saw them making it here. If Nelson did not make it, Hutchinson and Flores are not breaking through. As Nelson was more talented and dominant at their age. Really like Hutchinson though, he is fun to watch play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

No Flores in the squad for the u23s today, Patino was involved.

Looks like he’s off.
Definitely off. Mans an international for one of the better national teams in football, he will think he shouldn't be anywhere near PL2 and at least needs a competitive loan of some kind.

Team sounded very blunt going by Jeorge Birds account of the match but think likes of Sagoe Jr and Cozier-Duberry can pick up the slack. Think we will firm the losses.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Looks like the days of big looks for academy prospects will slow as Arteta faces pressure to start showing results. Doubt he wants to risk taking time for development on a year where many will expect CL football. It's unfortunate but I can't say I blame him.

Gn1212

It's funny how everyone talks about certain players yet the one that caught the eye of Arteta was Walters, who I'm sure many have never even heard of before.

Looked really good in both preseason games against Nurnberg and Everton.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like the days of big looks for academy prospects will slow as Arteta faces pressure to start showing results. Doubt he wants to risk taking time for development on a year where many will expect CL football. It's unfortunate but I can't say I blame him.
Pretty much what I was hoping wouldn't happen because its not even like we get good money for most of them owing to lack of first team football in recent years.

The team at least needs to be good for me to be fine with it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty much what I was hoping wouldn't happen because its not even like we get good money for most of them owing to lack of first team football in recent years.

The team at least needs to be good for me to be fine with it.
What’s happening with the older lot in the 23s?

Likes of Lewis, Cottrell, Olayinka etc need to leave.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What’s happening with the older lot in the 23s?

Likes of Lewis, Cottrell, Olayinka etc need to leave.
No idea. Surprised most of them are still here. Feel a bit sorry for Cottrell, could have been decent but he is another one who either got injured or never got loaned. Even Matt Smith is still toiling around. We could probably get a nice fee for him with a sell-on from a Championship team.

We need to make the squad smaller as its WAY too big and filled with players who sadly don't have a future here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No idea. Surprised most of them are still here. Feel a bit sorry for Cottrell, could have been decent but he is another one who either got injured or never got loaned. Even Matt Smith is still toiling around. We could probably get a nice fee for him with a sell-on from a Championship team.

We need to make the squad smaller as its WAY too big and filled with players who sadly don't have a future here.
You think Nwaneri and/or MLS will make a debut at u21 level this season?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You think Nwaneri and/or MLS will make a debut at u21 level this season?
Depends on what happens with the midfield in the u21s. They're pretty clogged at the moment but if it opens up we could see them after January depending on how they do for the u18s. Feel like a lot of players have to be moved on but ultimately I feel they'll play u18s mainly this season then move up once the herd thins a little.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino and Taylor-Hart travelled with the U21s to their training camp. Bit of a shame for both and the latter should be going on loan aswell.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Yunus looks still a bit raw in some facets but man the talent is there for all to see. Next summer it might be worth talking about him as our answer to Bellingham if Liverpool seals it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

They're REALLY trying to keep him - the Liverpool talk among all the other interested parties must have spooked us. Expect Myles Lewis-Skelly and Chido Obi to follow suit aswell.
Chido Obi looks like he had a growth spurt. Pretty tall for a 14 year old, looks like a baby gazelle, just all limbs.

Afro Mugo

Now that Ethan is no longer a secret. Just came accross this article where Steve Leonard, the Hale End coaching legend describes Myles and Ethan as his top ten his seen in the past 30 years of Hale End. It seems even inside the club they know everyone is sniffing.

Afro Mugo

They're REALLY trying to keep him - the Liverpool talk among all the other interested parties must have spooked us. Expect Myles Lewis-Skelly and Chido Obi to follow suit aswell.
There are some talents who you don't take them through the normal pathway.. Maybe we've learned from the Musah departure. Unlike Patino who still had to develop physically but has everything else..Ethan and Myles are physically blessed to backup their talent. It seems we have a Gavi/Ansu Fati scenario. They literally bypassed Barcelona B and went straight to the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There are some talents who you don't take them through the normal pathway.. Maybe we've learned from the Musah departure. Unlike Patino who still had to develop physically but has everything else..Ethan and Myles are physically blessed to backup their talent. It seems we have a Gavi/Ansu Fati scenario. They literally bypassed Barcelona B and went straight to the first team.
Yep. Lewis-Skelly should be up there once he gets over his fitness issues.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

Now that Ethan is no longer a secret. Just came accross this article where Steve Leonard, the Hale End coaching legend describes Myles and Ethan as his top ten his seen in the past 30 years of Hale End. It seems even inside the club they know everyone is sniffing.
Odd, link doesn't seem to work for me. Is it still up for you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom