• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He would have walked out with no job and no clubs to sign for. That would have been irresponsible and unreasonable… Wait, this rings true now 😄
Wait, you're still not sober since last night. :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Man chose Arsenal over his wife Uno.

I mean, nice story and all, but didn't he literally ask to leave for Roma the following transfer window?

Remember during the Euros he cames as close to confirming it as possible during a post match interview, but negociations failed and Arsenal triggered the +1 option on his contract.

BIoodBrother

I wonder if he can keep this level into his mid thirties. How many good years does he have left in the tank? He doesn't really rely on pace. engine + technique aren't really problems for a 34year old. Pirlo signed for Juve when he was older and had a beautiful autumn career albeit in a deeper position. Will he sign yet another contract? We have him until summer of 2024 atm, no?

El Duderino

Don’t ruin it man 😬

I mean, he's had his redemption arc, just don't think there's any need for this if my timeline is correct.

Despite Mikel getting a lot out of him recently, so major props there, I do admit to feeling a bit iffed about him being vice captain. Makes me feel like Ødegaard was a cop out.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I mean, he's had his redemption arc, just don't think there's any need for this if my timeline is correct.

Despite Mikel getting a lot out of him recently, I do admit to feeling a bit iffed about him being vice captain. Makes me feel like Ødegaard was a cop out.
Yeah if we dissect it we could draw a few conclusions that make the setup look shoddy with regards to the captain position. Ødegaard has to stay captain at least for this season otherwise Mikel looks a bit of a clown on that one. Pretty sure Xhaka would accept it with no qualms if it were offered now though. The story would be complete!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I mean, nice story and all, but didn't he literally ask to leave for Roma the following transfer window?

Remember during the Euros he cames as close to confirming it as possible during a post match interview, but negociations failed and Arsenal triggered the +1 option on his contract.
Two different things.

That's talking about post 2019. Post 2020-21 he felt he could leave the club in a good state, the young core was forming, and he got an offer from Mourinho. He felt it was time for him to move on and didn't think it would get better than that at the time. An opinion most here shared, even his supporters.

He never forced that move either. He could have, like Bellerin and others we had to let go for free or near free. But he didn't. Either Roma paid up, or that was it.

That +1 extension happened in like february this year, btw. Not 2021 summer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wonder if he can keep this level into his mid thirties. How many good years does he have left in the tank? He doesn't really rely on pace. engine + technique aren't really problems for a 34year old. Pirlo signed for Juve when he was older and had a beautiful autumn career albeit in a deeper position. Will he sign yet another contract? We have him until summer of 2024 atm, no?
What you say is why I strike fear to Xhaka-haters with my banter, because he could easily be a rotation option for many years for Arsenal.

The current contract is until 2024 with an option for another year.

What is weird, is that it was talked that Arsenal only used an option for another year in the contract. But take a look at this.

How does it work that his contract would have ran out at 2023, but they used an option, so it would run out at 2024? But now there is an option still for another year for 2025?

To me it looks like they extended the contract by 1+1 years, not just used an option for another year?

"Granit Xhaka has had his Arsenal contract extended until the summer of 2024.

The Switzerland international looked likely to leave the north London club earlier this summer, with Roma interested in signing him. But a deal was not struck and Arsenal have now activated an option to keep him at the Emirates for another season. Xhaka’s previous deal would have run out in 2023.

Arsenal now have an option to extend the contract for a further year, until 2025."

El Duderino

The current contract is until 2024 with an option for another year.

What is weird, is that it was talked that Arsenal only used an option for another year in the contract. But take a look at this.

How does it work that his contract would have ran out at 2023, but they used and option, so it would run out at 2024? But now there is an option still for another year for 2025?

To me it looks like they extended the contract by 1+1 years, not just used an option for another year?

"Granit Xhaka has had his Arsenal contract extended until the summer of 2024.

The Switzerland international looked likely to leave the north London club earlier this summer, with Roma interested in signing him. But a deal was not struck and Arsenal have now activated an option to keep him at the Emirates for another season. Xhaka’s previous deal would have run out in 2023.

Arsenal now have an option to extend the contract for a further year, until 2025."

Maybe we triggered the +1 and during negociations something changed?

Could it be that is also a rolling +1?

Think he stays here for as long as he likes, tbh. If Mikel left tomorrow, I would be willing to bet the next manager behaves the same way Arsène, Emery and Arteta all did.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Maybe we triggered the +1 and during negociations something changed?

Could it be that is also a rolling +1?

Think he stays here for as long as he likes, tbh. If Mikel left tomorrow, I would be willing to bet the next manager behaves the same way Arsène, Emery and Arteta all did.
Yeah, they all likely wanted a bit longer contract done. Arsenal for sure with how thin quality our midfield is and has been for years even with Xhaka.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Full quote

FdIZLEFWIAAh_4a

He didn't stay for Arteta, he stay to shut up the fans

Can see why some people like him to a bit of an obsessive extent, he's like another one of the many AM users who just refuses to leave. Kindred ****s that won't flush, something like that.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He should get a better agent. Deserves a new contract with much higher pay. But it feels like he’s showing too much respect to the club in that regard.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Bruv. Share the link you giant tease

Im still on my work machine, so will update this later.

For now, check out a channel called "Innverviews", their latest video is on Xhaka. Quite detailed analysis mind, so dont get too bored :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka is proof that love prevails. I critised the extension initially as I didn't see the need, but it looks like Edteta was correct again. It is also courtesy to extend if you do reject an offer anyways, which the club did.

A guy with many complaints regarding Arsenal, I have absolutely none here - more power to all involved.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Remains the only user on here with the honor of being on my ignore list.
Looking back, I think we managed to establish an understanding to the point of things being almost cordial just before he went. I think he was genuinely furious about something most of the time though. I hope he found peace.,

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Im still on my work machine, so will update this later.

For now, check out a channel called "Innverviews", their latest video is on Xhaka. Quite detailed analysis mind, so dont get too bored :lol:
Nope, couldn’t do it. I cannot sit through a detailed tactical “soccer” video voiced by a yank. Fml. Ted lassos taking over the damn game. Once I’ve recovered I might try again but on mute with subtitles…

I did watch the tifo piece though. Short and sweet. Thanks bruv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom