• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure but this is a strong move from the club. I think he will stay.

Here's the other 15 year old BTW. Myles Lewis-Skelly. He is the #6 here. There'll be a fight to keep him too.

Hard to see the guy leaving as he chose Arsenal as 9 year-old too. Arsenal currently has one of the best paths from top teams to first team for youngsters, the evidence is clear to see with the youngest squad in the league, and big upward trajectory.

Would be very weird to see him take a risk and change the environment, unless he goes for money like Hutchinson. The club made the right choice with that guy, rather make way to more talented youngsters than bend to some stupid wage demands which will have bad influence later on in wage structure. Plus we got Marquinhos for cheap who is only 6 months older.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really not sure why English media criticism Arteta for playing him we have injures and it was nice opportunity to give him 5 minutes. They should motivate Ethan and praise mikel for giving a dream opportunity. I didn't hear a thing when Elliot played top level football at 16 years of age.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
"Wilshere level talent".. I like the guy but let's be careful with the hype :lol::lol:
He's certainly at that level of talent - however talent at 15 is one of a number of components...if he can have better luck with injuries than Jack, can continue to develop physically, and crucially retain/develop the right focus/mentality, than his talent will shine. Hopefully he signs for the club, and we look after him well.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Nwaneri can sign his first contract only in half a year when he is over 16 years old?

Going to be interesting to see if they play him more before that, in UEL for example. I think they kinda have to now, or he "has called the bluff". Let's hope there are some possibility with big leads in games where he could come in.

Imagine if he performs well if given a chance, he might surpass Nelson. That would be weird. As a winger it's easier to give chances to young players, without so difficult position to handle, midfield might be more risky.

Would be nice to have a super young well performing talent at Arsenal. It has happened recently at top teams.
He's too young to be eligible for the UEL! Lets hope for friendly cup draws for all kinds of reasons, but particularly for our kids.

drippin

He's too young to be eligible for the UEL! Lets hope for friendly cup draws for all kinds of reasons, but particularly for our kids.
Ah, damn, too bad. Age racism.

Yeah and also let's hope we bag our chances so we have three plus goal leads in some games, so can give more chances to youth.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Here's the other 15 year old BTW. Myles Lewis-Skelly. He is the #6 here. There'll be a fight to keep him too.

Both top talents for their age. What's also encouraging is that, like Jack's group, Nelson's group and Buykayo's group, beyond the obvious 1 or 2 stand out talents, there are 3 or 4 others who legitimately look like they could get to EPL level if they develop right. No harm in getting a Willock or Iwobi or Coquelin every so often to make up numbers and then generate good fees.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Abuse is not “pretty normal”. The striking thing here is that you find him throwing his shirt to be more offensive than people sending his family abuse online.
Err stop gaslighting I never said that.

Being the captain and On a £100k salary is at minimum you be a professional get get off the pitch instead of having a strop.

He should apologies for that. The abuse on twitter is wrong simple as. But please stop conflating two different things.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Feels a bit strange that now is the time the hype machine gets turned on.

Remember Nelson being similar and we all know how that ended up for him (for various, mostly mental reasons).

Melquiades

Really not sure why English media criticism Arteta for playing him we have injures and it was nice opportunity to give him 5 minutes. They should motivate Ethan and praise mikel for giving a dream opportunity. I didn't hear a thing when Elliot played top level football at 16 years of age.

Come on, now.

I'm pretty sure that Danny Murphy is a bastion of integrity who consistently has the same take regardless of the team making the decision and was harshly critical of Klopp when Elliott was rushed into Liverpool's squad at the same age.

*does some googling*

Oh. Never mind.

drippin

Come on, now.

I'm pretty sure that Danny Murphy is a bastion of integrity who consistently has the same take regardless of the team making the decision and was harshly critical of Klopp when Elliott was rushed into Liverpool's squad at the same age.

*does some googling*

Oh. Never mind.

I'm sure Liverpool would have older players in the u23 who would have deserved their chance before Elliot!

This Danny Murphy is quite a buffoon.

9jagooner

He's certainly at that level of talent - however talent at 15 is one of a number of components...if he can have better luck with injuries than Jack, can continue to develop physically, and crucially retain/develop the right focus/mentality, than his talent will shine. Hopefully he signs for the club, and we look after him well.
Jack Wilshere at 15/16 scored 13 goals in 18 appearances for the U18s.
I've not seen anything of Ethan at the moment (in terms of on-field output) to say he's Wilshere level talent.

Please I am not in any way saying he won't turn out to be better than Jack or Cesc (no-one knows this), all I am saying is that whilst he is currently a really good outstanding player, putting on him same pedestal as Jack at that age is a tad too much.

Let's allow our young players develop without the 'noise'. In Wenger days, he probably will be a season or two away from playing Carling Cup games

drippin

Jack Wilshere at 15/16 scored 13 goals in 18 appearances for the U18s.
I've not seen anything of Ethan at the moment (in terms of on-field output) to say he's Wilshere level talent.

Please I am not in any way saying he won't turn out to be better than Jack or Cesc (no-one knows this), all I am saying is that whilst he is currently a really good outstanding player, putting on him same pedestal as Jack at that age is a tad too much.

Let's allow our young players develop without the 'noise'. In Wenger days, he probably will be a season or two away from playing Carling Cup games
Nwaneri has 9 games in U18 in total thus far. He has 4+4.

He has one game for U21 thus far. He has 0+1. U21 game he played 59 minutes.

That's almost a point per game for both and he has basically just started in both, and is clearly playing well way over his age groups.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Nketiah-Balogun-Saka
Patino-Skelly-Nwaneri
Sousa-Walters-Saliba(c)-Norton-Cuffy
Ramsdale

It will probably never happen but this might be the best period for Hale End in decades.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom