• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesper Lindstrøm

Malky

Established Member
I'd say we'd need a six for the second half of the season, first.

How does he play against rest, in place defenses? This is a reason why I have gone cold on Mudryk. Brilliant player no doubt, but he shines when there is space to attack. Not so much when the team is back defending with 8-10 men, a standard Arsenal will face.
Tried to watch Mudryk closely last night against Scotland but he was a ghost.
I know it's only one game and it's international football, but when a supposed £50M winger can't dribble a ball past Hickey, Jack Hendry and McTominay I'm not conviced by him. He just seems like a pace merchant who relies heavily on space.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tried to watch Mudryk closely last night against Scotland but he was a ghost.
I know it's only one game and it's international football, but when a supposed £50M winger can't dribble a ball past Hickey, Jack Hendry and McTominay I'm not conviced by him. He just seems like a pace merchant who relies heavily on space.

Yeah he isn't what we need and he is massively hyped up by the most basic goals just because he is linked with us.

On a normal day we get everyone linked to us. It seems to have increased now that we are playing well.

With the age of our squad and the football we are playing, we need to go for top talent. Lindstrom and Mudryk scream Trossard and Bailey for me. Good enough for midtable. We need players to up our level and help us break down deeper blocks.

We are in a pretty good position to attract young talent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah he isn't what we need and he is massively hyped up by the most basic goals just because he is linked with us.

On a normal day we get everyone linked to us. It seems to have increased now that we are playing well.

With the age of our squad and the football we are playing, we need to go for top talent. Lindstrom and Mudryk scream Trossard and Bailey for me. Good enough for midtable. We need players to up our level and help us break down deeper blocks.

We are in a pretty good position to attract young talent.
Mudryk was world class pace and dribbling. I also watched the game and twice he blew them away and created chanced. Honestly there is a good chance he would bench saka once he settles

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Both Mudryk and Lindström are definitely not world class but even further from midtable or "Trossard" come on.

They are closer to midtable than they are world class. They are not the kind of signings that significantly improve us.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They are closer to midtable than they are world class. They are not the kind of signings that significantly improve us.
They're kids born after 2000 who perform a lot better than the vast majority of players in their age group. Yes they probably wouldn't significantly improve us at this point. Using the term "midtable" however when they're undeniably exciting prospects is just polemic nonsense.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They're kids born after 2000 who perform a lot better than the vast majority of players in their age group. Yes they probably wouldn't significantly improve us at this point. Using the term "midtable" however when they're undeniably exciting prospects is just polemic nonsense.

I don't think there is anything to justify them performing a lot better than the vast majority of their age group. They are not pulling up trees. The stats don't back it up either. It's the hype with Mudryk. Literally, if he didn't get linked to us, nobody would even be talking about him. A fast winger who can dribble and has most of his success on the counter in space. That isn't hard to find.

Lindstrom sits in the lowest percentile for dribbles, progressive passes and anything to do with possession and passing in fact. That isn't exciting. I can't see Arteta going for someone like that.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't think there is anything to justify them performing a lot better than the vast majority of their age group. They are not pulling up trees. The stats don't back it up either. It's the hype with Mudryk. Literally, if he didn't get linked to us, nobody would even be talking about him. A fast winger who can dribble and has most of his success on the counter in space. That isn't hard to find.

Lindstrom sits in the lowest percentile for dribbles, progressive passes and anything to do with possession and passing in fact. That isn't exciting. I can't see Arteta going for someone like that.

I'm not as high on Lindstrøm as Jones is but if you're a nailed on starter for a good European team at the age of 22, you're definitely a lot better than the vast majority of your age group. I find that to be pretty indisputable.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Huh? Mudryk has been linked with many teams and wishlisted plenty before there was a link to us. He tore Madrid apart last year and got a standing ovation at Bernebau.

He was also very good against Scotland, not yesterday game but the WC playoff a few months ago. If he's midtable quality most of our squad are.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Huh? Mudryk has been linked with many teams and wishlisted plenty before there was a link to us. He tore Madrid apart last year and got a standing ovation at Bernebau.

He was also very good against Scotland, not yesterday game but the WC playoff a few months ago. If he's midtable quality most of our squad are.
Even the last game against Scotland he had two moment which showed how devastating he can be when he went down the outside and put balls in. He just flew past defenders. I always wondered if Theo could dribble how devastating would he be. This guy with the right coach will be nightmare

Top Bottom