• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was an Edu buy, but not Arteta.

He made his debut before Arteta came and played some in many games, but Arteta extended him fast next summer.

Yeah so maybe we don’t consider it as a £387M figure then?

I guess you can only really see our signings as Edu or Gazidis ones.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah so maybe we don’t consider it as a £387M figure then?

I guess you can only really see our signings as Edu or Gazidis ones.
Really not sure where people come up with these numbers.

It's like 350 million pounds maximum, or 400 million euros.

Then you compare it to other EPL rivals, and it's like the same level or less thus far. And people bang on about only how much Arteta has spent, not realizing that it's not some big advantage compared to others. While has has had to make almost a total overhaul to the squad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really not sure where people come up with these numbers.

It's like 350 million pounds maximum, or 400 million euros.

Then you compare it to other EPL rivals, and it's like the same level or less thus far. And people bang on about only how much Arteta has spent, not realizing that it's not some big advantage compared to others. While has has had to make almost a total overhaul to the squad.

Ahh sorry I’m confused. I thought it was 387M but is it actually 350M not 395M?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but Arsène would stick with players everyone knew weren’t good enough. I know he never really had the money but at the same time wasn’t really ruthless either.
Of course, he wasn't ruthless with players, it wasn't in his nature. He kept giving them chances. But you'll have to admit sometimes it paid off, like RVP. The frustration with his injuries was unbearable at times. But remember despite this criticism of his lack of ruthlessness he finished top 4 every single year for 20 years. He was doing something right. Arteta's on his 4th attempt spending a mountain more, despite his god like status on here.

drippin

Of course, he wasn't ruthless with players, it wasn't in his nature. He kept giving them chances. But you'll have to admit sometimes it paid off, like RVP. The frustration with his injuries was unbearable at times. But remember despite this criticism of his lack of ruthlessness he finished top 4 every single year for 20 years. He was doing something right. Arteta's on his 4th attempt spending a mountain more, despite his god like status on here.
Arteta is nowhere near god-like status, you have some imagination! Wenger is the only god-like person, but even the gods make some mistakes in the myths.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wenger was ruthless early doors when he and Dein could move around in the market. Wasn't as ruthless at the Emirates which makes you think.

Except actually you don't have to think, because if you pay attention the guy was screaming for years there was no money and reiterated again in his book.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, at current rate it's like 345 million pounds I counted.

What do you think about the argument I’m seeing more and more on here about them being Edu signings rather than Arteta/Emery/Wenger ones?

Not sure I totally agree but it’s an interesting one.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger was ruthless early doors when he and Dein could move around in the market. Wasn't as ruthless at the Emirates which makes you think.

Except actually you don't have to think, because if you pay attention the guy was screaming for years there was no money and reiterated again in his book.
Every purchase came only from sales for 9 years straight, can you imagine Klopp or Pep getting top 4 every year?

drippin

What do you think about the argument I’m seeing more and more on here about them being Edu signings rather than Arteta/Emery/Wenger ones?

Not sure I totally agree but it’s an interesting one.
Haven't they themselves told us that Arteta tells them what he thinks he needs, then both have some talk about suggestions?

Then they decide together, but Edu of course has the bigger and final say in regards to what he thinks is best for the long-term plan, even if Arteta is sacked at some point? That's what makes sense to me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's a great avatar for some Arteta Out convert!
FV7j9vBXoAAtuPL

say yes

forum master baiter
Wenger was a great manager, but surely there comes a point where you can discuss Arteta without referring to him? It’s been 5 years mate.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Football evolves over time anyway.

I don't care how good a manager you are, you're not staying in the CL places making a profit every year for 7-8 years consecutively. It's just not possible these days, don't care if you're Arsène, Pep, Klopp or God. Too many teams have too much money for it to be viable these days.

For Arteta to be a success here he needed two components. Money and lots of it, that's been granted by the club, that's component one. The other component is his ability as a manager. That hasn't been fully proven yet even if he appears to be trending in the right direction currently.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger was a great manager, but surely there comes a point where you can discuss Arteta without referring to him? It’s been 5 years mate.
One day I'll get over the manner in which he was forced out. But it's only been 4 years. I bought a puppy as a consolation and Arsène's a 4 year old dog now. He's a beauty, I'll have to send you some photos bro.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't care how good a manager you are, you're not staying in the CL places making a profit every year for 7-8 years consecutively.

Why doesn't Klopp count? Have Liverpool been outside the top 4 since he's been there?

It's doable because you can almost count on Utd, Chelsea and Sp**s to self sabotage at some point they aren't as shy about making drastic changes.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Why doesn't Klopp count? Have Liverpool been outside the top 4 since he's been there?

It's doable because you can almost count on Utd, Chelsea and Sp**s to self sabotage at some point they aren't as shy about making drastic changes.

Has Klopp made a profit for 7-8 years in a row? I didn't think that was the case, though I don't know for sure admittedly.

I reckon if you're an established top, top side like Man City or Liverpool you could maybe get away with running a profit for 2-3 years and not dropping out of the top 4.

If you're standing still in relative terms, other sides investing heavily are going to catch you up eventually. I think maybe that's partially Liverpool's issue currently.

Of course sometimes you can sell a player for silly money like Liverpool did with Coutinho, but you can't be selling one of your top performers every summer for years on end to balance the budget, after a while it's going to bite you in the backside I would think.

Top Bottom