• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great. Just fffing great. No TP for NLD. All those calling for a free hit please form an orderly queue…

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Anyway, I suggested it in the other topic, but I assume Arsenal has said to Partey that don't play if you feel anything at all.

As he was out during warm-up, I assume he had some feeling that he should not risk it. So it might not be very bad.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Top player when he is fit, but we have to look for a replacement. It will probably not happen before the summer, and we will suffer for it.

drippin

Top player when he is fit, but we have to look for a replacement. It will probably not happen before the summer, and we will suffer for it.
They bid for Douglas Luiz at the end of the window, but I assume Danilo is their target in January after Palmeiras' season is over.

Luiz is EPL proven, but personally I would like a bit faster player there with more tenacity. Danilo looks more like it.

In any case, Luiz and Tielemans at that point have only 6 months left it contract.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They bid for Douglas Luiz at the end of the window, but I assume Danilo is their target in January after Palmeiras' season is over.

Luiz is EPL proven, but personally I would like a bit faster player there with more tenacity. Danilo looks more like it.
Really hard to get something done in January, and equally hard for the player that comes in. No pre-season and the expectation that you hit the ground running.

We're much better when Partey plays, but we need to start thinking about that position, because he does seems to struggle a wee bit.

D

Deleted member 102404

In any case, Luiz and Tielemans at that point have only 6 months left it contract.
Don’t think Villa will sell to us. They are still upset we drove the price up on them for Buendia.
As for Tielemans , have you watched him this last year? Awful.

drippin

Really hard to get something done in January, and equally hard for the player that comes in. No pre-season and the expectation that you hit the ground running.

We're much better when Partey plays, but we need to start thinking about that position, because he does seems to struggle a wee bit.
Palmeiras season is over before January. That deal was difficult in the summer, not in January.

Their last game is 13.11.2022. Why would it be difficult?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Palmeiras season is over before January. That deal was difficult in the summer, not in January.

Their last game is 13.11.2022. Why would it be difficult?
Do you think he can really jump straight into the team in January and make a difference? It seems a bit of a stretch. You would think it would be better to come in the summer to get the pre-season etc etc. We'll see though. We definitely need something in that position.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are you saying we should not reinforce in January, because all players need a pre-season? Of course it's not better to come in the summer, when we need reinforcement in January this season.

Of course a player who dominates in Brazil can help us straight away. I only agree that apart from Luiz, Tielemans and Danilo it might be tough to reinforce in January.
I removed some of your original post, since I think it referred to something else than my reply. I actually would like us to strengthen the #6 position in January if we can, but I worry that this will not be easy. Traditionally signings in January are very tricky.

I'm not sure it is easy to come from Brazil, however good you are, and slot into mid season in the Premier League. We shall see. It seems more straight forward to pick up Luiz on a smaller fee. He knows the league. Then again, Villa might prefer to hang on to him, especially is they find themselves in a relegation battle.

drippin

I removed some of your original post, since I think it referred to something else than my reply. I actually would like us to strengthen the #6 position in January if we can, but I worry that this will not be easy. Traditionally signings in January are very tricky.

I'm not sure it is easy to come from Brazil, however good you are, and slot into mid season in the Premier League. We shall see. It seems more straight forward to pick up Luiz on a smaller fee. He knows the league. Then again, Villa might prefer to hang on to him, especially is they find themselves in a relegation battle.
What I fear the most is that they didn't seem to plan buying a midfielder in the summer, so if Elneny comes back, they don't reinforce. Then we have Elneny back, who can get injured easily again, plus Partey who seems to be a walking injury-machine at this point.

What is good, is that they bid 25 million pounds for Luiz. If they bid 25-35 million pounds for Danilo after their season is over, I think it should do it. Yes it might be tough, but he has 1,5 month rest after what looks like winning Brazilian league. So you would hope he doesn't party too hard, otherwise I think he can help a lot, and if not, he has been in EPL for half a year.

REWB

Wish Partey would just retire from international football, Ghana NT is kinda pointless anyway, they are not doing anything significant.

Top Bottom