• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All of that is true and none of it pertinent to my criticism of Wenger. I don't blame him for Mustafi Xhaka etc not working out, most of them were terrific signings at the time and as you say there are loads of different factors coming into whether a player becomes a success.

I definitely blame him for the windows mentioned. I don't buy the notion Gazidis or statDNA were at fault for us not signing players, even if we're ignoring that Wenger was the one who brought them in or allowed them into the club he was hesitant in the market before they came along.

I hate the British way of viewing the transfer market as the solution to all issues, that's also a big factor why I don't rate Arteta. A football manager's primary responsibility is to (a) get the players he has to play well together and (b) to improve them beyond their initial level. Wenger was pretty much second to none to any manager in the world for the duration of his career especially at the latter.

But he did have a weakness in recognising when to add another body when the players he put his trust in weren't reliable either because of ability or availability. We could've had won another title or two if he just added to Vermaelen/Kos or Giroud in 11 or 15 or 16, not even an expensive first team signing just another decently abled body to rest the others.
Fair enough, but I still think 16 was down to two crucial long term injuries with players that didn’t have a history of injuries, Cazorla and Coq. He wasn’t expecting to have to use his reserve mid, Flamini so much. Cazorla was arguable our best player and gave the forwards some super through balls around the box. How will Arteta get on if Jesus, his best player, is out in November?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Fair enough, but I still think 16 was down to two crucial long term injuries with players that didn’t have a history of injuries, Cazorla and Coq. He wasn’t expecting to have to use his reserve mid, Flamini so much. Cazorla was arguable our best player and gave the forwards some super through balls around the box. How will Arteta get on if Jesus, his best player, is out in November?
Probably by spending another 80m in January.

Fair enough regarding Cazorla that was definitely a freak injury but Coquelin was as injury prone as anyone, never got into a rhythm because of it and his run with Cazorla in midfield was the first extended period where he used to be fit. That the pairing fell apart hurt us later only, we had a much longer timeframe where Giroud being our only striker hurt us badly.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
What's this talk about Arteta having lots of money. This was for this season
View attachment 9426

From where he was able to spend his own money until now

View attachment 9428

I would say it's rather fair for what he was given to spend but not exaggerated like some middle east oil unlimited funding.
Not this **** again :lol: we're only behind Chelsea and United in that list and Chelsea were coming fresh off a transfer ban where they basically saved money plus they won a CL which also brings a lot of money.

We finished outside the CL in every season in that time frame. No one's complaining about the fact we're getting good players in for the money we're spending, but stop pretending we're not spending way above our normal means.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What's this talk about Arteta having lots of money. This was for this season
View attachment 9426

From where he was able to spend his own money until now

View attachment 9428

I would say it's rather fair for what he was given to spend but not exaggerated like some middle east oil unlimited funding.

Good point.

The main issue isn't that we're spending obscene amounts of money. It's about where it should be for us.

Our issue has been not recouping enough or in some cases anything for the deadwood / unwanted players in our squad.

Some of the circumstances for some players, wages, like Kola, Özil etc predate Arteta / Edu. Some of them are from this regime's own mistakes in the transfer market, Willian, Puffin, Mari etc and some are on Arteta's hardline stance on attitude, Auba, Guendouzi etc.

say yes

forum master baiter
I love how you're trying to act cool now like you didn't have a tantrum like a baby then quit the forum :lol: If anyone was PMSing it was you.
No, you don't :lol:

It's driving you mad. Haven't had a single sensible reply from your bunch on here since I've returned. All I get is 'wah wah, it's not fair you were right about everything because you ignored us'.

Sooner you lot realise I don't owe you any of my time, the better. This forum is fun when people discuss football. When it devolves into non-stop sh1tposting, I'll take my leave.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

It's driving you mad. Haven't had a single sensible reply from your bunch on here since I've returned. All I get is 'wah wah, it's not fair you were right about everything because you ignored us'.

Sooner you lot realise I don't owe you any of my time, the better. This forum is fun when people discuss football. When it devolves into non-stop sh1tposting, I'll take my leave.
I'm actually happy you're back though think the forum is better with you. Just thought you were being a baby before I was disappointed, held you in higher regard than quitting the forum in a strop. Even your reply sounds so rattled.

Losing Riou and getting Say yes and Jury back is a win in my eyes, just need Hunta and Furious to return.

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm actually happy you're back though think the forum is better with you. Just thought you were being a baby before I was disappointed, held you in higher regard than quitting the forum in a strop.

Losing Riou and getting Say yes and Jury back is a win in my eyes, just need Hunta and Furious to return.
It's important to stop when things stop being fun. This place was a cesspit when I left. Couldn't get a footballing word in edgeways, was just non-stop anti-Arteta sh1tposting and trolling from people who didn't have a clue. Even people who had valid criticisms were being drowned out.

It seems better now, although will never be as active as I was previously.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's important to stop when things stop being fun. This place was a cesspit when I left. Couldn't get a footballing word in edgeways, was just non-stop anti-Arteta sh1tposting and trolling from people who didn't have a clue. Even people who had valid criticisms were being drowned out.

It seems better now, although will never be as active as I was previously.
That is true, I think adding the likes and @ system ruined this forum. Turned it into a bit of a twitter lite full of trolling and bias agendas.

But also I think that had to do with the bad form, Arsenal fanbase in general was in a really bad place from end of the Wenger years until basically last season. Every fan is knee jerk and good form bring good vibes it's why it's been better around here lately.

Fabregasm

Not this **** again :lol: we're only behind Chelsea and United in that list and Chelsea were coming fresh off a transfer ban where they basically saved money plus they won a CL which also brings a lot of money.

We finished outside the CL in every season in that time frame. No one's complaining about the fact we're getting good players in for the money we're spending, but stop pretending we're not spending way above our normal means.

It's fair budget and investment to push us back to top 4 but nothing astronomical like you would claim it to be. Are we supposed to be spending less than Sp**s or big 6 teams and expecting to challenge for top 4 when we are lacking in term of squad quality already?

Even West Ham is not too far behind us in term of spending.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That is true, I think adding the likes and @ system ruined this forum. Turned it into a bit of a twitter lite full of trolling and bias agendas.
It's the thing that made this forum worth reading again imo. Football forums will always get a little boring after a while, there's only so much to discuss seriously because either you find other sensible people and realise most of what's on display has been seen and discussed before or because you realise others aren't worth your time.

It's much more lighthearted and diverting like this. People need to stop taking themselves and others on a ****ing football forum too seriously.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's fair budget and investment to push us back to top 4 but nothing astronomical like you would claim it to be. Are we supposed to be spending less than Sp**s or big 6 teams and expecting to challenge for top 4 when we are lacking in term of squad quality already?

I'm not saying we should spend less, if Kroenke doesn't care about his return who am I to watch his pocket. I want Arsenal to win football games first and foremost, that's easier with better players and those usually cost more money. As a secondary quality I'd like my team to get there by spending sensibly and/or improving unfancied players because that's what I grew up with watching us in the past, but I'm not going to act like that's more important than us winning games.

What I don't understand is why people "like you" make **** up and use words like astronomical. We spend a lot more *now* outside of CL/Europe than we used to when we were in it every season. The facts don't really need your acknowledgment but I genuinely don't understand why you're trying to make an argument when there's none, you posted the figures yourself ffs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I have stayed sober for 20 days now! :thumbsup:

Doing mine to battle inflation... Although the prise of cocaine hasn't increased here in Iceland since 2002.

Maybe drug dealers should run the economy?

Was chatting to a mate who’s moving to Iceland soon. Was telling me coke prices stay flat because supposedly it’s a stop off point on the way to Europe from South America so there’s always an abundance.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What were you right about?

Reactions: Kav

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I have stayed sober for 20 days now! :thumbsup:

Doing mine to battle inflation... Although the prise of cocaine hasn't increased here in Iceland since 2002.

Maybe drug dealers should run the economy?

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread. Thought I was dmming OnlyOne.

Praying you hold it together. Cocaine is one hell of a drug, as Rick James would so eloquently say.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Since 2019 we’ve had the second highest investment of any club in the major European 5 leagues according to transfermarkt. That’s some backing the club have given Arteta.

AE937-FCC-647-A-478-A-81-E8-4-E4-B202-C90-B3.jpg

Top Bottom