• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The way people talk about Afcon and African nations football team is so seeped in racism lmao they'd never say this about a European or South American team.

I completely agree but personally I like to target my intense racism at the World Cup instead as I can hate all races at the same time, already got my KKK outfit on order for November. Do you recommend I maybe get a swastika or other adornments to enhance the look?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I completely agree but personally I like to target my intense racism at the World Cup instead as I can hate all races at the same time, already got my KKK outfit on order for November. Do you recommend I maybe get a swastika or other adornments to enhance the look?
I wasn’t talking about anyone specifically but you getting so defensive is a red flag.

Makavelii

I love how the possibility of Partey himself wanting to play for and represent his nation isn't even factored into any of this. How he wants game-time with his team before the world cup and he loves putting on that jersey. National pride exists everywhere.
Except England

D

Deleted member 102404

He’s been sent back to London and will not play in Ghana’s game next week. Suspected knee injury.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
With Tierney and Tomiyasu at least we have adequte back up, once we lose Partey our whole team quality goes down. I think we really need to find a player to compete in that position but it's so hard to find a lone 6 compared to fullbacks, FB is like the most abundant postion in modern football not hard to find a decent one.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
With Tierney and Tomiyasu at least we have adequte back up, once we lose Partey our whole team quality goes down. I think we really need to find a player to compete in that position but it's so hard to find a lone 6 compared to fullbacks, FB is like the most abundant postion in modern football not hard to find a decent one.

We really like that Danilo guy, reckon we'll make a move for him in Jan. Failing that, we probably might go back in for Douglas Luiz. It's clear we need adequate cover/competition in that position. We could achieve something substantial this season.

Wish Partey would just retire from international football, Ghana NT is kinda pointless anyway, they are not doing anything significant.

International football should be canceled altogether. Instead, they are trying to come up with ways to include even more games in the player's schedule.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Honestly like we have to pray that we get CL football for next year and have the ability to sign a top class CM. If Partey had Xhakas durability and pain threshold he would be a hell of a player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I had hoped Lokonga could fit into the system as replacement for this player. But the drop off is significant I’m afraid.

It’s clear the club have put its foot down here and are keeping him for the next two matches. I expect to see them do this over the coming month.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think international football as a whole is a waste of time and should be abolished completely. Technically its rubbish in comparison to the level of club football.

The only reason international football still exists today is because of the massive profits that come from a world cup tournament, clearly seen with our latest rendition being in Qatar.

Until there is a financial model that outperforms the world cup, will it continue.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I think international football as a whole is a waste of time and should be abolished completely. Technically its rubbish in comparison to the level of club football.

The only reason international football still exists today is because of the massive profits that come from a world cup tournament, clearly seen with our latest rendition being in Qatar.

Until there is a financial model that outperforms the world cup, will it continue.
Haha I am the number one proponent of hating international football and feeling it is total **** but I love the history of the sport too much to say this.

What it should be is scaled down, not scaled up, as Wenger and FIFA in general wants and is going to do. These new Euro cups with group stages played just to eliminate one team out of four are an absolute abomination, I've never watched such terrible football as the 2016 Euro cup and the 2020 wasn't much better. Soon we'll see the enlarged World Cup too... 🤦‍♂️

UEFA Nations League is a ridiculous money grubbing enterprise, typical of FIFA / UEFA. These international breaks are totally unnecessary and just meant to line federations' and FIFA / UEFA's pockets. Qualifying matches and the typical round of friendlies played before tournaments totally suffice, these friendly breaks serve zero sporting purpose.
I wasn’t talking about anyone specifically but you getting so defensive is a red flag.
Haha you always do this, man. It's normal someone gets defensive when you insinuate they are racist. It's a serious thing to throw at someone and greatly offensive to their intelligence. It's not a red flag at all, it's a normal response to some guy on the internet who doesn't know you at all throwing one of the most offensive allegations possible at you. 🤣

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The way people talk about Afcon and African nations football team is so seeped in racism lmao they'd never say this about a European or South American team.

Alexis was literally ruined by back to back copa americas, not a peep.

But sign an African player and the AFCON it's the first thing you hear.... Makes you think 🤔

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

What really irks fans is that it gets in the way of a league season, they care about their clubs and suddenly you have internationals that a lot of club fans don't care about or partially care about, and you have no club football for 7 days or whatever. There's also the concern that club players will return from international duty either overplayed or injured, and on top of this a lot of these players try to slide out of it anyway.

What would probably be far better is if all the internationals took place at the end of the club season, with the nations league/Euros/World Cups etc. all taking place maybe a week or two after the regular league seasons are done and dusted, which would solve all of the problems previously stated.

Top Bottom