• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Good luck to ESR hope he fully recovers.
Certain agenda merchants on here blaming Tets for not playing him more🤣😂.
Bare Fact is he has unfortunately struggled with fitness/injuries for a long time.

I still remember the we don't need to sign Ode we have ESR mob 🤔
Good job we signed Ode & Viera as well, still need a couple more positions supplementing but by building better squad depth an injury to ESR is not the end of the World.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Apparently he's getting the knife now because he wanted to be done with it for good and after trying different things with the club, him and Arteta talked it over and decided to try and "draw a line under it" (Mikel's words) so that he can fully recover.

I don't know if this is the niggling trouble that has plaged him ever since he went on loan, but I hope it is, so that at least with the surgery we can hope it's fixed for good.
Didn’t he miss a huge chunk of his loan at Leipzig with a groin injury?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So is this basically the confirmation that they definitely fudged up not buying another body in the summer. One injury and suddenly we don’t have any left wing back up.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Groin surgery… I don’t want to even imagine what that’s like.

Edit: **** sake. I google imaged groin surgery. Why did I do that?
I just did the same. Lots of tiny penises appeared. Not sure if Google understood

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It sounds like he's has this trouble for ages. It's always best to try and heal without surgery and I trust there's no lasting damage done by leaving it so long to go under the knife. In any case, he'll be like a new signing in January.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
So is this basically the confirmation that they definitely fudged up not buying another body in the summer. One injury and suddenly we don’t have any left wing back up.
Bruv, what are you asking for exactly? Three players in every position?!?

No **** when our back up for a position gets injured, we no longer have a back up…

I agree with this line of thinking when it comes to someone like partey as his injury record speaks for itself and if we suffer because of it that’s on the management. But you cannot have 3 players for every position. Not even City can…

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Bruv, what are you asking for exactly? Three players in every position?!?

No **** when our back up for a position gets injured, we no longer have a back up…

I agree with this line of thinking when it comes to someone like partey as his injury record speaks for itself and if we suffer because of it that’s on the management. But you cannot have 3 players for every position. Not even City can…
Good post I think most agree that we need a good backup for TP.

The main problem is he is such a pivotal player to our game.
When fit & playing near his best he is excellent & so missed massively when out.

It's more of a quality thing rather than numbers. Mo got a long term injury but most agree whilst a useful squaddie he is not at the level needed to play a big chunk of games as starter.
Sambi whilst talented is not experienced enough in the lone 6 & its likely not his best position certainly at the moment? You could play Xhaka there & put Sambi or even someone like Viera as an 8 but it exposes Granits weaknesses more & he is doing really well further forward. Zinchenko is possibly another option but again I'm not sure if he has really played the role?
We obviously tried to sign Douglas Luiz but Villa wouldn't sell for a more than fair price.
I would be very surprised if we don't try to get him again or someone else (Danilo?) in Jan.
Thing is these are likely going to be replacement for Mo who may not be here next season so injuries could still leave us short.
As you say you cannot have 3 players for every position. You need 2 & then some flexibility in the squad offering cover in more than one position which we seem to have now in the main.
But yes TP injury record is a massive concern.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Actually should have sold him to Villa, @2Smokeyy I kind of agreed with you at the time but wanted to at least give him a chance to succeed here.

Chances of him being worth 40M get slimmer with each day.

:lol:

Not a chance we’re getting 40m for him but you never know with these English lads, Gibbs-White went for 42m and Everton quoted some ridiculous fee for Gordon.

All these English lads are believing their own hype.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Hilarious that he’s been struggling with persistent injury for 10 months and has no been forced to take the grave decision of having surgery isn’t it?

More than any other this thread makes me seethe, bunch of ****s here who should be ashamed of themselves honestly

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, it is downright sad to read some of the posts in this thread. Flog him off! Get rid!! etc etc You'd think it was the Grand National, though if it was you'd get the shotgun and the curtains.

Yes, he has struggled with injuries at times through his career, but it is hardly like he is 35. "We should have sold him to Villa!" - Now, should we really? What signal does that send to our youngsters coming through? There is a reason we didn't sell.

There is a player there, if you can't see that you've been on methanol.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Gotta wait on the outcome of his surgery first. Then how he looks like after he catches up on minutes and hopes he has a Martinelli type resurgance or better.

Admittedly, I thought that boy was done after the type of injury he had and Arteta's reluctance to use him after he was established under Emery.

A bit unfortunate in a way when it's not his ability costing him his Arsenal career, I find it worse when it's injury that decides it for you.

Top Bottom