• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Fabregasm

October will be a real test. Let's see how we look at the end of it. The one thing that gives me hope is that we are playing really well. Our results are not flukes. We are bossing the games more and more. Think today and against Brentford have been our best performances so far. Liverpool will be a big test and they are a team we have struggled against.

Never a better time to face Liverpool though, looking forward!

glitchform

You can’t underestimate the impact of the atmosphere and its effect on both teams. We were so up for it, in comparison Sp**s were rattled. Also it has an influence on refereeing decisions too. At their place it will be the other way round, we can’t pretend they won’t be favourites there. The atmosphere is the biggest factor in the north London derby.

should just bring a load of tamberines in the away end to drown out their din. the kuhnts probably won't let us with them in though.

Bloody hell, listening to them miserably egg on their team is like listening to Norman Tebbitt pontificate on everything he's got no idea about.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hmm but we've won today so surely this kind of talk can wait atleast until we have a bad result the "AM wolves" are out. Also let's be honest this scary group only consists of a minority of posters as most of AM is Arteta In or neutral.

Didn’t happen with Man Utd. Outside of farzad4daarse and a couple others who are clearly the minority, not sure what he’s talking about.

People who aren’t crazy about Mikel by now, they most likely never will be, he’s been here long enough and it’s not by force.

Some on here need to learn to be mature and learn to deal with differences in opinion.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t happen with Man Utd. Outside of farzad4daarse and a couple others who are clearly the minority, not sure what he’s talking about.

Yeah....there's this thing that people on AM do where they create these narratives that lots of posters are saying "something" and they just can't believe so many posters are saying it. And they are the poster that's going to go against it!

Then it turns out that it's just a few people (albeit sometimes it's a few outspoken posters, but still a few), and most posters aren't actually saying this "thing".

It's a bit like protagonist syndrome; I suppose we all just want to believe we're the heroes in the story lol, or maybe it's just sensationalism for likes 🤷‍♂️

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah....there's this thing that people on AM do where they create these narratives that lots of posters are saying "something" and they just can't believe so many posters are saying it. And they are the poster that's going to go against it!

Then it turns out that it's just a few people (albeit sometimes it's a few outspoken posters, but still a few), and most posters aren't actually saying this "thing".

It's a bit like protagonist syndrome; I suppose we all just want to believe we're the heroes in the story lol, or maybe it's just sensationalism for likes 🤷‍♂️
Agendas and group think do exist, so they likely aren’t always wrong. But people are also poor judges of intention and numbers, so they’re (myself included) probably wrong much of the time too.

Not sure how one defends my little jab at nacho getting deleted tho

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he’s elevated this squad fwiw. I’ve never seen this level of performance from Zinchencko or Jesus before. Xhaka as well looks a top class B2B midfielder.

They were solid if uninspiring before but they’re maxing out their abilities right now. Back line looks really solid as well despite a CB benching our first choice RB from last year.

He’d have pitched a shutout against a top side with a top manager yesterday if not for a Gabriel clanger.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As one of the very first posters on AM to suggest Arteta, even before Wenger left and before we appointed Emery back in April 18, it seems only fitting that I should crow a little bit now we're on our way to the title. Love that bit about giving fans back the fire in their bellies.

7-AE48-F3-C-BA99-449-F-AF13-56718-B17-BF06.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Think he’s elevated this squad fwiw. I’ve never seen this level of performance from Zinchencko or Jesus before. Xhaka as well looks a top class B2B midfielder.

They were solid if uninspiring before but they’re maxing out their abilities right now. Back line looks really solid as well despite a CB benching our first choice RB from last year.

He’d have pitched a shutout against a top side with a top manager yesterday if not for a Gabriel clanger.
Saliba added steel to a backline that was struggling at times last year. Great decision by Arteta not to loan him out yet again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saliba added steel to a backline that was struggling at times last year. Great decision by Arteta not to loan him out yet again.

Back line was usually really solid when White was able to play.

Huge chunk of goals were conceded in games he didn’t play because the likes of Holding and Cedric are Championship options.

He’s now managed to improve our right back depth overnight by moving White out there.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Saliba should have played last season no doubt. He might be one of the great cb talents we’ve ever seen, and if Mikel’s failed to recognise that then that’s on him. It cost us top 4 last season but then again, since it was so marginal, there’s a million things that cost us top 4.

I think those that say Ben white was a waste are wrong though. They underrate him imo, he’s been largely excellent his whole time here. Also, having a ball playing cb is so important to what we do, so having at least one rotation option is also crucial, and he covers rb an cb.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You think this of Wengers teams in his last 2 years??
Why not? Drew with Chelsea twice, beat them in the FA Cup, beat them in the league, drew with Liverpool, beat Utd twice, beat Sp**s, beat City in the FA Cup, drew with City in the league etc.

2 rough seasons for sure, generally.
As one of the very first posters on AM to suggest Arteta, even before Wenger left and before we appointed Emery back in April 18, it seems only fitting that I should crow a little bit now we're on our way to the title. Love that bit about giving fans back the fire in their bellies.

7-AE48-F3-C-BA99-449-F-AF13-56718-B17-BF06.jpg

December 2017 from me. In 2018 I posted non stop about him.

I remember nobody wanted him here when we were mentioning him. Glad we’re all on that Arteta train now, that’s all that matters.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Hard to say what he actually improved today over United.

Chances? Our only decent chance until the red was Gabriel Jesus forcing his way in the box to create a fairly easy to stop shot. We seem to rack up xG but the quality chances are just not there.

Defence? We felt quite exposed at times on the first half, and not only on Zinchenko side like usual but even White struggled here and there, but Son and Richarlison kept messing up the pass to create a big chance while doing very little.

Control of the game? We started brightly but they were very disciplined and were quite close to executing their plan successfully, you control the game when your opposition gets nullified and resorting to desperate moves, not when they get close to execute what they want to execute

Seems the individual quality of Partey scoring after 57 attempts in 2 years and Lloris misjudging a ball made all the difference. That's nice, but hardly domination, on another day is Son or Kane pulling off a golazo from nowhere and sealing the match.

Considering this was our best XI with our unreliable midfielder having the best game on his Arsenal career so far to depend on those kind on things is a bit worrying, unless whoever mentioned this could be our Leicester season was correct then it's not really sustainable.
Hope you realise every execution of Spuds' plan was offside btw.

Only a spuds fan can twerk for that dire football they showed yesterday, no wonder you are making this post

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why not? Drew with Chelsea twice, beat them in the FA Cup, beat them in the league, drew with Liverpool, beat Utd twice, beat Sp**s, beat City in the FA Cup, drew with City in the league etc.

2 rough seasons for sure, generally.

December 2017 from me. In 2018 I posted non stop about him.

I remember nobody wanted him here when we were mentioning him. Glad we’re all on that Arteta train now, that’s all that matters.
AM prophets.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The Spend and investment is finally paying off. Hopefully the Kroenkes keep investing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Back line was usually really solid when White was able to play.

Huge chunk of goals were conceded in games he didn’t play because the likes of Holding and Cedric are Championship options.

He’s now managed to improve our right back depth overnight by moving White out there.
Still think we were lucky yesterday at times. Whilst our full back options are high quality now Cedric's out of the running, Arteta's inversion tactics had them too narrow at times and they got in behind us. Perisic really should have scored.

Our xG was way better than their's, but nevertheless two key points in the game made the win certain . . sending off, and Lloris letting the ball between his legs. Arteta luck.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Got bullied off the forum due to his weird CIES obsession.

CIES? Which one? :lol:

AcronymDefinition
CIESCouncil for International Exchange of Scholars
CIESCentro de Investigação e Estudos de Sociologia (Portugese)
CIESCentre d'Initiation à l'Enseignement Supérieur (French)
CIESComparative and International Education Society
CIESCentro Informazione e Educazione allo Sviluppo (Italian: Center for Development Education and Information)
CIESCentre International des Etudiants et Stagiaires (French)
CIESCanada Immigration and Education Services (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
CIESCentro Informazione ed Educazione Allo Sviluppo
CIESCapital Investment Entrant Scheme (Hong Kong)
CIESCary Institute of Ecosystem Studies (Millbrook, NY)
CIESChanges in Employment Survey
CIESCongreso Ibero Americano de Energía Solar (Portuguese)
CIESCommon Imagery Exploitation Segment (US DoD)
CIESCouncil-Certified Indoor Environmental Supervisor (American Council for Accredited Certification)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom