• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs | Saturday 1st, October | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

172a63b0-1c78-11ec-94fb-3737241121a1.png

This is really massive. A win is a must imo. These sort of games, performance usually matters. It's the results that matter.

Arteta will have to learn from his mistakes at Old Trafford. We know the sort of threat Sp**s carry. Their midfield is dogshit. They have Royal, Sanchez, Dier and Sessengnon in their back five.

They'll put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chink to appear in our amour and they'll exploit it ruthlessly and Son has just come back to form right in time for the derby.

We should have all our players back for this (save for Elneny) barring an injuries in the international break.

Screenshot-20220925-151511.png
Screenshot-20220925-151531.png

Screenshot-20220925-151548.png

Screenshot-20220925-151744.png

Screenshot-20220925-151818.png

Lineup

I think it will be the same lineup vs Brentford tbh.
Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Prediction
Arsenal 2-0 Sp**s

Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Its exactly the way Sp**s like to play, concede possession and territory, to create space for themselves.
I think the bigger question for me is around why they werent as efficient as they are known to be, especially in situations they are designed for and have almost perfected. It was obviously a combination of many factors, like our home advantage, luck, us stopping the threat in time, etc. But which was the driving factor on the day, if you could pin it on a factor.

What yesterday's result does show me though, is that we are able to control games better, especially in those dangerous situations, against top opposition who will very likely exploit those moments. Big positive for the team.
I don’t really have anything to add. It was your typical top 6 clash when both teams have come with a decent game plan. Play that game 10 times and it could be 5 wins a piece, who knows.

We took the lead with some individual brilliance and for once they didn’t do the same to us. A Kane/Son worldie is usually a given in these circumstances so im glad it didn’t happen this time :lol:

I’m just glad we made it a game where fine margins decide the winner. That’s all you can ask for in these big 6 clashes. The next step is being able to play any of the big 6 and not have it come down to fine margins, but that’s a huge step.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

1-0

1-1

2-1

Red card

3-1
This could be 5 or 6

FT

@Xln @albakos

Embarassed to lose to a Europa League team?

You lost to a Portuguese Champions League team that hadn't bagged an English scalp on multiple attempts.

Where's a pot & kettle when you need a pair? :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don’t really have anything to add. It was your typical top 6 clash when both teams have come with a decent game plan. Play that game 10 times and it could be 5 wins a piece, who knows.

We took the lead with some individual brilliance and for once they didn’t do the same to us. A Kane/Son worldie is usually a given in these circumstances so im glad it didn’t happen this time :lol:

I’m just glad we made it a game where fine margins decide the winner. That’s all you can ask for in these big 6 clashes. The next step is being able to play any of the big 6 and not have it come down to fine margins, but that’s a huge step.

True, and if we get it to that level with the top six, then we would be above City levels IMO. Because even they struggle to get it right against the top six consistently. Same with Liverpool.

These games are great for hype and all that, but as you say... they are far too close to call consistently.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
At 1-1 it could have gone in either direction. We went on to dominate the game and win convincingly.

Use your brains please.

Sp**s were never in the game. They were off the pace from the word go. They only got back into it from a dodgy pen. They were lucky to be on level terms. Saying it was finely poised is to imply Sp**s were matching us and looking dangerous which was far from the case.

I understand you’re still a bit bitter because your precious hero Pepe was cast out. But leave your agenda aside please.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sure, Ill give you this one. You are correct and the history of this fixture shows that.

Ill even go on to say that this coming week's Liverpool game is technically a more difficult fixture based on history, but its also not enough of an individual, cup final like pressure match. Newcastle away, City away, Liverpool away, Sp**s away, Brighton away, are going to be the real individual tests for this team.

Ill end by saying that I dont agree with these once off matches being an indicator of league outcomes or progress of a team, unless there are no games left afterward. Its because there are so many variables involved and anything can swing the game, as we saw yesterday.

Instead... performances over a season, and how we react (both in game and between games) to setbacks is the real indicator.
Good post except these matches aren’t one offs if you are great team that can win where you are not supposed to and play well at the same time against lesser teams, is the mark of a team ready to win the trophies everyone wants. This club needs to be in that rarefied air our goal is not and never should be 4th. These matches are not one offs if you have ambition these handful of hard points are what win you titles, they are literally the points that seperate champions from2nd, 3rd or 4th

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Is Arsenal beating Sp**s at home a real big 6 match, to borrow a line from Austin powers to me it is Diet Evil when it comes to big 6 win. A road match at Newcastle will be a bigger test. Sp**s never win at emirates or rarely do. This is just giving a big server credit for holding serve. It only matters if you fail, if you succeed that is what you were supposed to do, great but nothing to get excited about for me other than a typical expected Arsenal victory at home.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I wonder how much will change when Conte's gone.

Sp**s, at the moment, might even be set up worse than United for possession based football. So, whoever comes in may have no choice but to continue the approach.
Tbh I can see Conte leaving at the end of the season & poch coming back.
poch is a good manager but not sure they can get back to how he was playing with them at their best.
They have some good players. I can see people like Kulu, Richarlison doing well. Kane & Son who tbf have both been amazing for years are not getting any younger & if their levels start to drop it will be tough.

Tom Mix

What's with all this philosophising about fine margins after we have thumped an inferior team and understanding why our man might have had his leg broken from the point of view of the assailant?

Aren't there enough Tottenham clubs on the net for them to stop polluting an Arsenal website with their lies, cheating and filth?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nothing like when refs and media ignore the golden boy. He did same against Gabriel 2 seasons back he lose s**t when things go against him but he always get away with it
Dislike that ugly **** so bad! Don't understand why he is so well liked in England? Such a cheap piece of ****! Hope that piece of filth never lifts any silverware. Dirty, gormless minger!

excited doctor who GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom