• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Arteta could relax his favoured foot requirements for CB we'd be set there, but I'm wondering if Tets will want another left footer as cover for Gabriel.

I guess that's what Martinez was about.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

How about credit to Arteta for sticking with Xhaka and getting the best out of him currently?

This is one situation where you definitely say a player has developed under him. I also think Xhaka has been decent for a while, he was in the crop for our best player last season.

Yes Arteta did well with Xhaka.

Honorary mention to @2Smokeyy for recognising the ability as well.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
As one of the very first posters on AM to suggest Arteta, even before Wenger left and before we appointed Emery back in April 18, it seems only fitting that I should crow a little bit now we're on our way to the title. Love that bit about giving fans back the fire in their bellies.

You're the biggest fraud on here.

We all know why this is. Expectations of fans and the owners have dropped through he floor. People were hoping mad when Arsène couldn't beat all 4 richer teams, because they actually thought he could do it. Nobody really thought Emery could and they definitely know Arteta can't. 6th is his ceiling. That's why the fans aren't even mad now.

I wonder how much time and money KSE are willing to waste before they realise they're wasting time and money. :lol:

Getting like @Macho now. Tired. It's just an up and down roller coaster. Have never wanted Arsenal to lose, but I've lost all my excitement for a win. Losing to United and Everton but seeing us putting 3 goals past a bottom of the table side with a drafted in 40 year old keeper making mistakes, gives me no pleasure.

Time to check out until Arteta leaves.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How about credit to Arteta for sticking with Xhaka and getting the best out of him currently?

This is one situation where you definitely say a player has developed under him. I also think Xhaka has been decent for a while, he was in the crop for our best player last season.
I’ve been asking for this for three years.

He’s finally shown it and I’m satisfied. Think he’s improved as a manager because this isn’t the first thing he’s tried with Xhaka but it is the first thing he’s done with a senior player that’s led to a clear and undeniable improvement.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Xhaka’s never been a poor player. He has his brain farts of course. But now he’s a bit further forward and got a top class target player to make use of his passes he’s really shining. His haters are definitively In the mud.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He probably should have insisted more with Mustafi lol

mikel-arteta-arteta.gif

Big Nate

I think the theory around that is you rather concede space out wide, than straight behind. Its a longer distance to goal, and allows for better recovery.
Yep that's the thinking. And then you also have an extra body in midfield to control the match. And they can overlap if needed like White did for Jesus' goal

Big Nate

Will obviously depends on where you get your numbers from but xG wise I have:

2.38 - 1.57 (base)
2.38 - 1.01 (- Sp**s two offside chances which weren’t flagged but wouldn’t have counted)
2.38 - 0.22 (- pen)

So really dominant. Think Kane also had only two touches in our box (1 being the pen).
Kane had 2 touches including the pen and Son had none. Deserved victory from us

Latest posts

Top Bottom