• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs | Saturday 1st, October | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

172a63b0-1c78-11ec-94fb-3737241121a1.png

This is really massive. A win is a must imo. These sort of games, performance usually matters. It's the results that matter.

Arteta will have to learn from his mistakes at Old Trafford. We know the sort of threat Sp**s carry. Their midfield is dogshit. They have Royal, Sanchez, Dier and Sessengnon in their back five.

They'll put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chink to appear in our amour and they'll exploit it ruthlessly and Son has just come back to form right in time for the derby.

We should have all our players back for this (save for Elneny) barring an injuries in the international break.

Screenshot-20220925-151511.png
Screenshot-20220925-151531.png

Screenshot-20220925-151548.png

Screenshot-20220925-151744.png

Screenshot-20220925-151818.png

Lineup

I think it will be the same lineup vs Brentford tbh.
Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Prediction
Arsenal 2-0 Sp**s

Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
True, and if we get it to that level with the top six, then we would be above City levels IMO. Because even they struggle to get it right against the top six consistently. Same with Liverpool.

These games are great for hype and all that, but as you say... they are far too close to call consistently.
Above city levels? They scored 6 against United. They are above us in with Haaland. Yes, we have chances of winning title if we get constant results and if we win against them. But that doesn't mean we are above city levels. Leicester won a title that way.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
And Martinelli’s reaction was definitely OTT. We’d be fuming if the opposition did that.
Clearly you haven't football in your life at decent level. Aluminium soft ground shoes hurts a lot if you are hit where you don't have the pads. Even over the shoes hurts a lot because modern football shoes are so thin they are like sockets over your feet.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Above city levels? They scored 6 against United. They are above us in with Haaland. Yes, we have chances of winning title if we get constant results and if we win against them. But that doesn't mean we are above city levels. Leicester won a title that way.

It was a great performance, but it becomes standard for City once they repeat such domination against the rest of the top six. City, for all their strengths, have not been able to do that so far.

But to be fair, it looks like City could achieve that domination over the top six this season.

blrgooner

Established Member
Is Arsenal beating Sp**s at home a real big 6 match, to borrow a line from Austin powers to me it is Diet Evil when it comes to big 6 win. A road match at Newcastle will be a bigger test. Sp**s never win at emirates or rarely do. This is just giving a big server credit for holding serve. It only matters if you fail, if you succeed that is what you were supposed to do, great but nothing to get excited about for me other than a typical expected Arsenal victory at home.
You know what? I would actually agree based on history. I do hope you said the same thing when Conte won against Arteta last year at WHL though. If you thought that was a Conte masterclass, then that's kinda hypocritical.

ThePortugueseGunner

Great win against our rivals. Us and City are the only teams showing any kind of consistency. As I said earlier in this thread, I think that if we keep the pace until the World Cup, we should consider 1/2 considerable investments in the Winter market and go for the surprise.

I haven't seen Arsenal play so well in a long time. I'm very surprised, regarding what my expectations for the season were, but I'm loving it. And I believe we can beat Liverpool, the way they are playing right now.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You know what? I would actually agree based on history. I do hope you said the same thing when Conte won against Arteta last year at WHL though. If you thought that was a Conte masterclass, then that's kinda hypocritical.
No I didn’t, certainly not with BotchTeta at the helm and Holding in CB, while Saliba was big pimpin in France. If we get 1, 1 measly point at WHL i ll give Arteta more credit than winning against them here. They all but always tank at Emirates, Arteta didn’t invent that.

I think where Conte schooled Arteta was by adding quality in January. But beating us at WHL was what he was supposed to do. Just like we weren’t supposed to lose 3 straight matches to bottom half teams; we win one of those we are in cL regardless of WHL result. BotchTeta more gifted wrapped it than it being a Conte masterclass. Conte did however manage to not shoot his own pecker off going hunting in January and preseason like Arteta did in those windows. Were him and Edu drunk over the Hollidays?

In fact Conte’s side tried to out choke us but we sadly beaten them to the bottom by the power of Hurricane Mikel’s tsunami like incompetence. So no, I would not characterize Conte’s gift wrapped, rescue line provided by Arteta, CL qualification a big highlight of his career.

blrgooner

Established Member
No I didn’t, certainly not with BotchTeta at the helm and Holding in CB, while Saliba was big pimpin in France. If we get 1, 1 measly point at WHL i ll give Arteta more credit than winning against them here. They all but always tank at Emirates, Arteta didn’t invent that.

I think where Conte schooled Arteta was by adding quality in January. But beating us at WHL was what he was supposed to do. Just like we weren’t supposed to lose 3 straight matches to bottom half teams; we win one of those we are in cL regardless of WHL result. BotchTeta more gifted wrapped it than it being a Conte masterclass. Conte did however manage to not shoot his own pecker off going hunting in January and preseason like Arteta did in those windows. Were him and Edu drunk over the Hollidays?

In fact Conte’s side tried to out choke us but we sadly beaten them to the bottom by the power of Hurricane Mikel’s tsunami like incompetence. So no, I would not characterize Conte’s gift wrapped, rescue line provided by Arteta, CL qualification a big highlight of his career.
You are confusing two things... Nobody here is suggesting that a particular game is a big highlight in any career. The question was only if Conte is supposed to get credit to beat Arteta in a game where historically, he is "supposed" to beat him anyway. Btw if you don't consider that game, there was a very small difference between what Conte got in terms of points to what Arteta got. Doesnt seem to be a difference between a poor manager and a "world class" manager

Farzad Stoned

You are confusing two things... Nobody here is suggesting that a particular game is a big highlight in any career. The question was only if Conte is supposed to get credit to beat Arteta in a game where historically, he is "supposed" to beat him anyway. Btw if you don't consider that game, there was a very small difference between what Conte got in terms of points to what Arteta got. Doesnt seem to be a difference between a poor manager and a "world class" manager
Except Conte turned around Kane, added quality in January and inherited a team in free fall. He accomplished in 6 months what it has taken Arteta 3 years and few Van Goghs in transfers to fail at. So I think an obvious gulf in class exists to this day between the two.

Farzad Stoned

Ps how did Arteta handle his wantaway world class striker and how did Conte handle it? Oh yeah he gave him away on the free, the player he said was crap reinvigorated Barca and terrorized La Liga and just scored in his Chelsea opener. Oh yeah and Arteta gave him away for free in the thick of a CL run, now he will be banging them in across town.

blrgooner

Established Member
Except Conte turned around Kane, added quality in January and inherited a team in free fall. He accomplished in 6 months what it has taken Arteta 3 years and few Van Goghs in transfers to fail at. So I think an obvious gulf in class exists to this day between the two.
Haha so Conte "added quality" in Jan and Arteta "spent a few Van goghs"? "Adding quality" costs money and Conte spent money (or a few Van Goghs).
He didn't turn around anybody. Kane was one of the best strikers way before Conte came on. Sp**s have finished above Arsenal way before he came and he improved Sp**s to the same level as they were in before. So i don't see any "gulf of class". Sp**s are not Brighton and don't work with a budget like Brighton. I would believe in this "gulf of class" narrative if Sp**s actually start competing for the title. Sp**s have a top 4 squad historically and have spent top 4-6 money. What they are doing and what they did last year is simply "Par".

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Great win against our rivals. Us and City are the only teams showing any kind of consistency. As I said earlier in this thread, I think that if we keep the pace until the World Cup, we should consider 1/2 considerable investments in the Winter market and go for the surprise.

I haven't seen Arsenal play so well in a long time. I'm very surprised, regarding what my expectations for the season were, but I'm loving it. And I believe we can beat Liverpool, the way they are playing right now.
We can absolutely beat Liverpool but it requires us to take the game to them. I always felt that Mane was the player who caused us the most issues when we played them and he's not a problem anymore. Martinelli is going to feast on Trent so we should just be ruthless and look to exploit that matchup all game. Either they send Trent some help and open up space for Jesus and Saka to work in or Martinelli beats him every time and the space opens up afterwards. This present Liverpool is there for the taking and I expect not only a victory but a decisive one if we set up correctly.

Farzad Stoned

Haha so Conte "added quality" in Jan and Arteta "spent a few Van goghs"? "Adding quality" costs money and Conte spent money (or a few Van Goghs).
He didn't turn around anybody. Kane was one of the best strikers way before Conte came on. Sp**s have finished above Arsenal way before he came and he improved Sp**s to the same level as they were in before. So i don't see any "gulf of class". Sp**s are not Brighton and don't work with a budget like Brighton. I would believe in this "gulf of class" narrative if Sp**s actually start competing for the title. Sp**s have a top 4 squad historically and have spent top 4-6 money. Don't what they were doing is simply "Par".
Kane had fewer goals than Auba and did a farewell address on social media. He demanded to be sold Auba never did that. First half last year he was total garbage nice rewrite of history, Kane resuscitated a turgid season within a few matches of Conte showing up. Arteta couldn’t manage the trick. Advantage to baldy Tony

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Be real, even our invincibles wouldn’t win the league if they had to compete against this Man City side.

Invincibles only got 90 points. Man City make it so you have to get 100 points or more to win the league.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
What? He exaggerated the pain to get the man sent off. Are we leaving in cloud cuckoo land all of a sudden where we pretend players don’t do that.

If that was a yellow I wouldn't have complained, it looked clumsy but nothing else

Commentators here were surprised because Taylor wasn't really using the cards on anyone until that red

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Clearly you haven't football in your life at decent level. Aluminium soft ground shoes hurts a lot if you are hit where you don't have the pads. Even over the shoes hurts a lot because modern football shoes are so thin they are like sockets over your feet.

Lol playing football is exactly how you know that most “injured” players are exaggerating. Studs hurt, and the natural reaction when you get some studs is to grimace and hobble around, you don’t lie down and roll around unless you’re seriously injured.

This is something everyone knows and just don’t talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom