• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 22/23: Gameweek 9 (Oct 1-3)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just checked now, Everton have the best defence in the league :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s a Waitrose Lacazette. Nothing wrong with that but he’s a very good but not great striker.

You need a 20 goal forward to win the league traditionally and still think we’re short of that.
I think he’ll get 20 Premier League goals this year for sure 5/8 so far.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he’ll get 20 Premier League goals this year for sure 5/8 so far.

Could go either way I guess. He historically scores in feast or famine.

What I would say is that we need others to step up. Not sure I see double figure goals elsewhere in this squad.

Sign Rafa Leao or Wilf and push for the title.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just realised that city won that game without a DM. Midfield three of Gundo, Bernado and KDB, arguably all attacking mids.

I don’t think many people will deep how impressive that is.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just realised that city won that game without a DM. Midfield three of Gundo, Bernado and KDB, arguably all attacking mids.

Gundugon is not an attacking midfielder. If he is then so is xhaka

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ruben Amirom and Pedro Martins are the two favourites for wolves job. Yes they are Portuguese. No way Ruben leaves sporting for wolves. But it’s funny no other nationalities would be considered now that Mendes run the club

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Does that say more about United’s midfield? Pep played Gundo as a 6 in the CL final and it backfired.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does that say more about United’s midfield? Pep played Gundo as a 6 in the CL final and it backfired.
Idk man, they beat us and we didn’t exactly sh*t the bed. Maybe they wouldn’t get away with it against the best teams but I don’t think United are that bad.

Reactions: A_G

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

If the shape is right and it is City dont have to play with Rodri.
Gundogan is so intelligent he can play everywhere across centre midfield.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wondering if the losing manager in Leicester Vs Nottingham Forest gets the sack. Both of them must be under a lot of pressure.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Not trying to take anything away from Haaland, who's a generational talent, but I feel like the OGs on the list had to deal with much better defenders when they were playing, whereas defending today is nowhere near as good.

Ever since they moved to a lighter ball the game changed and favored attacking players, leaving defending in the dust. It's very much a dying art now.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not trying to take anything away from Haaland, who's a generational talent, but I feel like the OGs on the list had to deal with much better defenders when they were playing, whereas defending today is nowhere near as good.

Ever since they moved to a lighter ball the game changed and favored attacking players, leaving defending in the dust. It's very much a dying art now.
Defenders were allowed to get away with murder then so there’s certainly a bit of that too. Compare against Mbappe though. That’s crazy. I knew he’d do well in the Prem, but never once did I imagine that he’d be destroying teams the way he’s doing.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Defenders were allowed to get away with murder then so there’s certainly a bit of that too.
The point is that it was tougher for a striker back then than it is now, when defenders are afraid to touch a striker anymore if they get into the box. That was true especially before VAR, because they were diving the moment they felt a hand on them.
Compare against Mbappe though. That’s crazy.
I'm actually more impressed by Il Fenomeno's numbers than Haalands, to be honest. That man was possessed while he played at PSV and Inter. Speed, power, technique, finishing ability. He had it all.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom