• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
🤦‍♂️Went with Eder Militao for 120k prices have skyrocketed this morning so didnt really have a choice, get Militao or continue to use Nacho Fernandez :lol:

Hierro is now like 200k and OTW Rudiger is 400k, so will use Eder for now and save for Vinicius Jr, then upgrade on Eder.

Valverde POTM this evening I believe so will need to get that too,

My Real Madrid squad so far;

Keylor Navas
Carvajal
Militao
Alaba
Mendy
IF Modric
OTW Tchoumeni
Hazard
Rodrygo
Benzema
Hero Morientes

Have noticed early on that every upgrade for Real is expensive

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I got about 380k ready to upgrade my Madrid team with IF Modric, OTW Tchoumeni, Mendy.

I got a lot tied up in investments which should eventually bag me 1mil - 1.5mil depending on how the market roles.

Personally, I wouldnt bother with Neymar yet, you can probably get away with cheaper alternatives for now, I'm using Hazard instead of buying Vinicius Jr right now and getting by.
Nice. I have Coman but it's getting tough to fit him in on any more than 1 chem now. I don't really like having to use Gravenburch who is fine but not ideal in midfield. I like Vini and he feels really interesting with his new animations but he also doesn't feel quite as broken as last year with dribbling being more tactical. You're probably right though, I might just stick with Coman on low chem or use Foden there while I figure out my investments. I'm sitting on just over 800k right now. I've been trading stadium items that go for a lot for close to discard and then flipping them. It's slow but easy profit.

Batman

🤦‍♂️Went with Eder Militao for 120k prices have skyrocketed this morning so didnt really have a choice, get Militao or continue to use Nacho Fernandez :lol:

Hierro is now like 200k and OTW Rudiger is 400k, so will use Eder for now and save for Vinicius Jr, then upgrade on Eder.

Valverde POTM this evening I believe so will need to get that too,

My Real Madrid squad so far;

Keylor Navas
Carvajal
Militao
Alaba
Mendy
IF Modric
OTW Tchoumeni
Hazard
Rodrygo
Benzema
Hero Morientes

Have noticed early on that every upgrade for Real is expensive
I expect Valverde to cost an arm and a leg given the Thiago Silva price. If I didn't have Renato untradeable he would be a must complete for me. That's a really nice squad though. Rodrygo is so much better than his stats suggest. How is Benzema this year? Seems like he should be cracked with an architect to give him the lengthy acceleration style. It really has totally changed the game.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I expect Valverde to cost an arm and a leg given the Thiago Silva price. If I didn't have Renato untradeable he would be a must complete for me. That's a really nice squad though. Rodrygo is so much better than his stats suggest. How is Benzema this year? Seems like he should be cracked with an architect to give him the lengthy acceleration style. It really has totally changed the game.

I got enough in my club to do Valverde for 'free' I imagine, a lot of high rated untradeables too.

Rodrygo is good, problem with Valverde is he will be RW, he would be an amazing CM but not so sure about RM, I have Modric/Tchoumeni as my CM pairing and dont think he replaces either in the centre as both offer more. I'm contemplating playing him RM but some of his stats out wide suck ie crossing and dribbling.

Benzema is really good, I've got him on engine currently, I think the 'lenghty' running style is just flavour of the month right now, Morientes is my main guy at the moment though, absolute beast of a striker.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Nice. I have Coman but it's getting tough to fit him in on any more than 1 chem now. I don't really like having to use Gravenburch who is fine but not ideal in midfield. I like Vini and he feels really interesting with his new animations but he also doesn't feel quite as broken as last year with dribbling being more tactical. You're probably right though, I might just stick with Coman on low chem or use Foden there while I figure out my investments. I'm sitting on just over 800k right now. I've been trading stadium items that go for a lot for close to discard and then flipping them. It's slow but easy profit.

Only off chem player I have is Navas, I just cant do it :lol:

1. The stat boost is necessary at this stage of the game
2. It just feels weird not having full chem

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Clever from EA. Gives people an incentive to sink coins into an untradeable rather than buy the TOTW.

I was going to be all over that POTM but now I'm having doubts, hes quite expensive and probably would just be a bench option for me as Modric is a baller.

Would have preferred they just gave him an 87/88 POTM at RW, can tell already EA are going to be so difficult this year :lol:

Batman

I was going to be all over that POTM but now I'm having doubts, hes quite expensive and probably would just be a bench option for me as Modric is a baller.

Would have preferred they just gave him an 87/88 POTM at RW, can tell already EA are going to be so difficult this year :lol:
Yeah, they're being more generous than ever with untradeable rewards but making SBCs stupidly overpriced and barely an upgrade. Probably better to hold onto the fodder until something that's really going to improve your side comes out. I'm so happy I didn't do the Thiago Silva SBC before packing Virgil.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, they're being more generous than ever with untradeable rewards but making SBCs stupidly overpriced and barely an upgrade. Probably better to hold onto the fodder until something that's really going to improve your side comes out. I'm so happy I didn't do the Thiago Silva SBC before packing Virgil.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment with this market, I could literally make a killing right now offloading all my high rated fodder but I'm still holding until better SBC's drop as these so far suck but it has only been 2days since official release :lol:

But point is, prices are so high I could sell but I'm just not sure where the next investment is if the market stays high.

83-85's are low but EA want high rated cards for rubbish SBC's so not sure its worth it and if it is it will be a long hold for when icons release etc.

Batman

I'm a bit stuck at the moment with this market, I could literally make a killing right now offloading all my high rated fodder but I'm still holding until better SBC's drop as these so far suck but it has only been 2days since official release :lol:

But point is, prices are so high I could sell but I'm just not sure where the next investment is if the market stays high.

83-85's are low but EA want high rated cards for rubbish SBC's so not sure its worth it and if it is it will be a long hold for when icons release etc.
I feel like you'd be fine selling and sitting. One thing with last year's market was that I was perfectly happy just being liquid and letting panic raise the value of my coins while I figured out what to invest in. I think the next promo is a Road to the Knockout on Friday so it wouldn't be a bad idea to be pretty liquid and see if you can snipe some cards then.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I feel like you'd be fine selling and sitting. One thing with last year's market was that I was perfectly happy just being liquid and letting panic raise the value of my coins while I figured out what to invest in. I think the next promo is a Road to the Knockout on Friday so it wouldn't be a bad idea to be pretty liquid and see if you can snipe some cards then.

Its a strange one, I currently have 19 Keylor Navas', hes extinct at 20k currently until his price range gets adjusted, thats 380k at 20k if I sell.

I've also got a lot of Kroos, Dias etc and I mean a 'lot', Kroos is up to 25k.

I got all these at 7k-ish so will definitely be maxxin' out on profit BUT I also think they can go higher as the current SBC's suck.

I got 100k liquid currently, but want to be sitting on about 300k liquid, thing is theres nothing to really invest in right now, maybe 85's but I can do that with the coin I have now.

I also dont 'need' to change my team really either apart from my getting Vini Jr but then Hazard is actually decent so..?

Just not sure where the next investment is, definitely think there will be a crash at somepoint though to restock just not sure when.

Batman

Its a strange one, I currently have 19 Keylor Navas', hes extinct at 20k currently until his price range gets adjusted, thats 380k at 20k if I sell.

I've also got a lot of Kroos, Dias etc and I mean a 'lot', Kroos is up to 25k.

I got all these at 7k-ish so will definitely be maxxin' out on profit BUT I also think they can go higher as the current SBC's suck.

I got 100k liquid currently, but want to be sitting on about 300k liquid, thing is theres nothing to really invest in right now, maybe 85's but I can do that with the coin I have now.

I also dont 'need' to change my team really either apart from my getting Vini Jr but then Hazard is actually decent so..?

Just not sure where the next investment is, definitely think there will be a crash at somepoint though to restock just not sure when.
Yeah I get that. Honestly early game once I'm up a certain amount, I tend to hold and wait for the beginnings of a crash to splurge and invest simultaneously. Last year I had spent so much on FP that I was trading with icons and making millions by like the second week. Changing to a more organic approach I feel like it's more prudent to keep it simple, take the profit when you can and then be patient and buy low to sell high again.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I get that. Honestly early game once I'm up a certain amount, I tend to hold and wait for the beginnings of a crash to splurge and invest simultaneously. Last year I had spent so much on FP that I was trading with icons and making millions by like the second week. Changing to a more organic approach I feel like it's more prudent to keep it simple, take the profit when you can and then be patient and buy low to sell high again.

To be fair you're probably right, I should probably take the profits on offer and then wait for the next opportunity.

Keep forgetting its only like the 4th day, there will be crashes and rises. EA are also handing out a lot of untradeable fodder which will bring prices down eventually.

Saying all that I expect a lil dip after this WL, everyone always builds up for first WL and personally I dont think prices are too high for the normal player, you can get a solid squad for 2/300k which isnt much when you can get like 100k rewards a week.

Batman

To be fair you're probably right, I should probably take the profits on offer and then wait for the next opportunity.

Keep forgetting its only like the 4th day, there will be crashes and rises. EA are also handing out a lot of untradeable fodder which will bring prices down eventually.

Saying all that I expect a lil dip after this WL, everyone always builds up for first WL and personally I dont think prices are too high for the normal player, you can get a solid squad for 2/300k which isnt much when you can get like 100k rewards a week.
Yeah it seems like it's been longer but it's still really early days. I'm just very wary of a market like last years where the crashes are enormous and out of nowhere. Sometimes the best way to make coins is simply to hold them.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Haven't posted in a bit and haven't played that much yet, but I'm really enjoying the current iteration of Fifa. Only thing is sometimes the keeper just makes an inexplicable dive to miss the ball. I like the somewhat slower pace, sliding tackling actually being good, skills not being chained and direction shifting not being unrealistically quick. More of a passing game now. Also fun that slower strikers actually get played.

I have had some insane pack luck so far. Have done all the Hybrids and picked up a lot of untradeable (Jumbo) Rare Player packs with the milestones like OTW warm up etc.

This is my current squad:
Vinicius* - Haaland (tradeable) - Antony
Silva
Frenkie - Kimmich
Alba - Araujo - De Ligt - Mazraoui
Ter Stegen
Bench: Laporte, Robertson, Maignan, Leao (tradeable), Parejo, Moreno, Busquets

*just packed from aforementioned Milestone pack

Only Haaland and Leao are tradeable, only Frenkie and Silva are bought, rest is first owned.

Don't have much cash, but this team should see me through for a while. I don't really like Frenkie though, so I'm considering selling and getting Fabinho + upgrade Araujo to Militao or Rudiger (probably Rudiger).

Dutch D

Question to you guys. Silva started off really well, but his production has dropped off. My friend is saying 4-4-2 is working really well for him, which striker would you get to pair with Haaland if I were to sell Silva?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Question to you guys. Silva started off really well, but his production has dropped off. My friend is saying 4-4-2 is working really well for him, which striker would you get to pair with Haaland if I were to sell Silva?

I havent used him but Jota's stats look amazing for a ST.

Guedes is really annoying to play against, same goes for Nunez.

You could even use Gabriel Jesus next to Haaland.

To be fair your squad is pretty strong already.

Dutch D

I havent used him but Jota's stats look amazing for a ST.
5* WF seems pretty insane. Could try him over Silva if I move to a 4-4-2.
Guedes is really annoying to play against, same goes for Nunez.
Encounter them a lot indeed. Seems to me like Nunez is pretty similar to Haaland, perhaps slightly less marauding. Honestly, I don't like the base version of Haaland that much. Often can't really create the space with him. When he's on the end of an attack it's an almost guaranteed goal to be fair. Currently extinct, could sell for maximum price, but I'm going for the 100-rivals wins with my first owned squad. Will reassess after.
You could even use Gabriel Jesus next to Haaland.
Haven't seen much of him. Was considering him at RW, but I got Antony untradeable who is probably better in that role. Might consider him as a second striker, though. Also fun to have an Arsenal player in the squad. Shame his OTW is insanely expensive.
To be fair your squad is pretty strong already.
It's absolutely nuts. Never had that much packluck early on in a new FIFA. Actually really like Leao at LW, though. Curious to see how much of an upgrade Vinicius is. His price suggests he's crazy.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
5* WF seems pretty insane. Could try him over Silva if I move to a 4-4-2.

Encounter them a lot indeed. Seems to me like Nunez is pretty similar to Haaland, perhaps slightly less marauding. Honestly, I don't like the base version of Haaland that much. Often can't really create the space with him. When he's on the end of an attack it's an almost guaranteed goal to be fair. Currently extinct, could sell for maximum price, but I'm going for the 100-rivals wins with my first owned squad. Will reassess after.

Haven't seen much of him. Was considering him at RW, but I got Antony untradeable who is probably better in that role. Might consider him as a second striker, though. Also fun to have an Arsenal player in the squad. Shame his OTW is insanely expensive.

It's absolutely nuts. Never had that much packluck early on in a new FIFA. Actually really like Leao at LW, though. Curious to see how much of an upgrade Vinicius is. His price suggests he's crazy.

Im jealous of your Vini Jr, I need him for my team but really dont want to pay the coins :lol:

All the high rated untradeables I have got so far are the ones that no one really wants.

Have you tried Kane? I know hes slow but his shooting and 5* wf are so good, he could replace Haaland for cheap but you would have to adapt your style to him, I've got him untradeable and he scores loads but you lose the running in behind plan.

At the moment I dont think there are many well rounded strikers, Haaland is probably the closest one who has a mix of everything.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom