• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

TornadoTed

Established Member
It's like a trophy to them? Besides Antony wasn't even good apart from the goal. They're getting down to Tottenham level with what they celebrate. :lol:

Besides, they should rather compare him to our Brazilian Martinelli, who cost 7 million euros, 14x less than Antony.
Man Utd have such bad value all over the pitch compared to everyone. I'm not even going to bother with wages as their wage bill is so absurd but in transfer fees alone compared to us,

Sancho & Antony £162m - Martinelli and Saka £7m

Maguire, Martinez, Varane and Lindeloff £197m - Gabriel, Saliba, Holding & White £104m

Casemiro, Fred, Van den Beek & McTominay £167m - Xhaka, Partey, Vieira & Ødegaard £148m

When you take into account their wages and the resale value of a lot of their players you realise just how badly their transfer business has been. Yesterday said it all, Man Utd £1.4bn in transfers since Fergie left, City £1.3bn, and their squads are light years apart.

Tomb Bombadil

Said in jest Im sure, but I told you they'd talk about "winning the second half" :lol:
I would say most of them were not serious. And you always have some fans like this.

They were really bad, but it can happen against this City. But yeah they still have a lot of work to do.

Why had Sancho such good numbers at Dortmund? He had 114 G/A in 134 games for BVB. He cannot be that bad.

myoldarsenal

Really still don't understand why Casemiro is on bench. This like us putting Thomas on bench for Elneny with all respect to Elneny who is miles better than McTominay
Because regardless of whatever United fans love to pretend, he wasn't their first choice. I am convinced it was a board signing. A player about to enter wrong side of 30 with no resale value and someone who they will struggle to shift no manager worth their salt would shell out 70 million for such a player. He's simply bought by them as he became available at the right time. Not his player that's why he's on the bench I think. His legs gave gone as well the few minutes he has played

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldn't mind Eriksen competing with Ode. Can't say anything about Casemiro for Partey competition as he hasn't really played yet.

Otherwise no.
We got this guy competing with Ode for years to come. No question if I want him or 30,5 year old with a pacemaker.

FVchm8pWYAAgeIi.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Because regardless of whatever United fans love to pretend, he wasn't their first choice. I am convinced it was a board signing. A player about to enter wrong side of 30 with no resale value and someone who they will struggle to shift no manager worth their salt would shell out 70 million for such a player. He's simply bought by them as he became available at the right time. Not his player that's why he's on the bench I think. His legs gave gone as well the few minutes he has played
I feel that too maybe time will tell but this guy is elite DM and he better than all thier midfielders combined

drippin

Both games we deserved to win. One which we won and were winning long before they got their red card

They have played relegation fodder too. Instead lost to them. Its not our fault if they're getting smashed 4 nil to Brentford.
They have played one more top6 game than us, and are 9 points behind with a game in hand. Also I bet they include Palace in "relegation battle" because of Palace's position in the league, but fail to understand that Palace has had astonishingly tough schedule thus far. They're a top 10 team and will surely rise.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Interestingly on the Red Cafe thread about Arsenal they basically think we only have a couple of 'special' players, Saliba and Partey and the rest are just 'good' I can't disagree although I think Saka is knocking on the door.

I think if ever there was a summary of what has been wrong with United for the last decade and why we appear to be on the up it is that. They constantly seem to signing these 'special' players to appease the fans and sell shirts with seemingly no thought to the team unit as a whole.

A lot of our players may only be 'good' but as a team there is a lot of balance, the players fit the system the manager wants to play and there are complimentary partnerships forming all over the pitch. That is good squad building and something SAF era United used to be fantastic at, I see that now at Arsenal but don't see it at all at United.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
@Juan Matas Beard and @UnitedBeard will have to fill me in on the psychology of some posters saying on redcafe they will be rooting for LFC next week against Arsenal. I suppose simply the fact we are top makes them want us to drop points. But another head scratcher from my voyeuristic journey into the Heart of Darkness is this, seriously where is this United fan idea that our fans are insufferable, did you guys ever record yourselves in the Ferguson era? By the way I don’t know a single fan regardless of their Sexual status; who thinks we are anything but a distant dark horse to City at best. Is this not a logical view, interested on how you guys see it. Please tell us are we insufferable? Lol

drippin

Interestingly on the Red Cafe thread about Arsenal they basically think we only have a couple of 'special' players.
That's something coming from them with spend similar to City. :lol:

Like someone said, there's not a single player that I would take to our starting eleven from them.

Only Casemiro might be close with Partey, but that's mostly due to injuries and Casemiro in EPL is still an unknown force. Plus he has humongous wages.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard and @UnitedBeard will have to fill me in on the psychology of some posters saying on redcafe they will be rooting for LFC next week against Arsenal. I suppose simply the fact we are top makes them want us to drop points. But another head scratcher from my voyeuristic journey into the Heart of Darkness is this, seriously where is this United fan idea that our fans are insufferable, did you guys ever record yourselves in the Ferguson era? By the way I don’t know a single fan regardless of their Sexual status; who thinks we are anything but a distant dark horse to City at best. Is this not a logical view, interested on how you guys see it. Please tell us are we insufferable? Lol

Don't know, doesn't apply for me. The only rivals I feel strongly towards are Liverpool and City. The rest are just teams we were competitive with historically like Arsenal, Chelsea or even Leeds. But it's interesting, I think some here hate United more than Sp**s.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom