• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sp**s aren’t good but I don’t think it is really in Conte or the other managers that have failed recently at Sp**s fault. I don’t like Conte’s style myself would’ve preferred Potter leading us. That being said he gives Sp**s at least 6-12 points in a full season over what an Arteta level manager would accomplish with his sorry squad. Levy simply hasn’t spent on players other than paying Kane well in comparison to other top 6 sides frankly it was Conte superior skill and experience as a manager that allowed a poor Sp**s to pip us last year. Levy is a poor team leader a proven loser.

I have no doubt if Conte was given what Tet has been given we would be a team in there with City competing for title. Not just Conte but Potter or a number of other non mediocrities, which Arteta is unfortunately. I’ll say this I thought their signings would improve them, but they have been a flop after a good signing of Koo koo shefsksi or whatever he is called in January last year.

6666Louis

Conte plays the 90’s Italian style with 3 attacking players and 7 behind the ball at all time

A weirdly outdated, uninspiring result-based tactics

Which lack vision, entertainment, and the players are finding it particularly inspiring

Anyway, everything about them seems cynical and short-sided,

The owe a lot of money and there best players are getting old

Times up

mpower2540

Funny thing is they can do much better, that if they get in a proper progressive ball playing manager, they would get so much out of Kane, Son, Richarlison and actually be a threat for the title. Imagine someone like Ange, Amorim or Fonseca coaching them.
Do you think? I think if they opened themselves up that defense and midfield would get eaten alive.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do you think? I think if they opened themselves up that defense and midfield would get eaten alive.

Yeah that is a possibility as well.

I do think if they brought in more to their game, they would be a better unit overall. You can see it with our team, more so last season, where if you have a pressing system in place, are compact and disciplined with your last line. You can mask a lot of issues, against most sides in the league until you upgrade your entire team.

What is becoming increasingly important in today's game is versatility. An ability to do multiple things (defend deep, counter attack, press, go long, build up, etc) and being able to switch between these things, depending on the game scenario.

Focusing the majority of your game play and strategy on one or two aspects, isnt going to cut it anymore.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Sp**s aren’t good but I don’t think it is really in Conte or the other managers that have failed recently at Sp**s fault. I don’t like Conte’s style myself would’ve preferred Potter leading us. That being said he gives Sp**s at least 6-12 points in a full season over what an Arteta level manager would accomplish with his sorry squad. Levy simply hasn’t spent on players other than paying Kane well in comparison to other top 6 sides frankly it was Conte superior skill and experience as a manager that allowed a poor Sp**s to pip us last year. Levy is a poor team leader a proven loser.

I have no doubt if Conte was given what Tet has been given we would be a team in there with City competing for title. Not just Conte but Potter or a number of other non mediocrities, which Arteta is unfortunately. I’ll say this I thought their signings would improve them, but they have been a flop after a good signing of Koo koo shefsksi or whatever he is called in January last year.
Conte took over a squad that used to finish higher than us, spent money on players and got battered by us. They didn't create 1 chance the whole game, not 1! Bottom of the barrel football.

Wouldn't want that matchfixer close to our club at all. Sideline clown with a wig belongs to a circus.

SA Gunner

I see the Sp**s faithful are comforting themselves with the idea that they are third and not playing well, and ourselves and City are not too far ahead and playing well.

The reasoning is that they have a lot of room for improvement, and ourselves and City cannot get better.

So imagine when they actually do "start to click" ;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I see the Sp**s faithful are comforting themselves with the idea that they are third and not playing well, and ourselves and City are not too far ahead and playing well.

The reasoning is that they have a lot of room for improvement, and ourselves and City cannot get better.

They should be worried about Chelsea clicking under Potter and Liverpool regaining a bit of form otherwise their top 4 hopes will be out the window. Don't think they realise the fight they'll have on their hands if they don't start improving.

mpower2540

Yeah that is a possibility as well.

I do think if they brought in more to their game, they would be a better unit overall. You can see it with our team, more so last season, where if you have a pressing system in place, are compact and disciplined with your last line. You can mask a lot of issues, against most sides in the league until you upgrade your entire team.

What is becoming increasingly important in today's game is versatility. An ability to do multiple things (defend deep, counter attack, press, go long, build up, etc) and being able to switch between these things, depending on the game scenario.

Focusing the majority of your game play and strategy on one or two aspects, isnt going to cut it anymore.
I think the way they set up is to mask their weaknesses and is probably the best way they can pick up consistent points. Hopefully, Kulusevski is out for a while because I think they badly miss his quality. Richarlison is full of effort and industry but at times he looks super scruffy on the ball.

Personally, I think Sp**s will be fine for top 4 this season, but the scope of the team would concern me. Are they going to get much better than what they are now? Kane and Son are at their absolute peak, Conte is arguably the best manager they've had, if they can't get over the line and win something now then it could get very messy pretty quickly. Fingers crossed!

Malky

Established Member
After our game I seen a few on their forums are starting to turn on guys like Lloris and even Kane. Alot wanting Richarlison to be their CF.
Even read one comment where they thought Kane at CF, one of the most prolific goalscorers in world football, is holding them back! I mean you couldn't make up their level of delusion. :lol::lol:

Uncle Good-Advice

To be honest there were several moment when they broke through brilliantly with three or four passes. Somehow they couldn't capitalise on that but on another day we could have conceded one or two more. On the other hand two of their best opportunities fell to Perisić and Romero because they were created by Son or Kane near the half line. It should be the other way round to make them a high-percentage chances. The loss of Kulusevski was evident.

It seems to me that to be a contender they need all their team playing nearly 100% which I doubt is gonna happen every time. Son had a shocker and they haven't anybody else to create things. When Kane drops deep they don't have a presence upfront as Richarlison is looking more and more like a bust. Their defence is prone to individual mistakes and not technical enough to start the play from the back although works rather good as an unit. Also I don't believe Lloris instills a confidence on them, he's been shaky for a few years now.

With their current personnel they are very very thin upfront. It may be enough for a top 4 place because they are well drilled team capable of scoring anytime but can't see a proper challenge for the league without reinforcements.

Farzad Stoned

Conte took over a squad that used to finish higher than us, spent money on players and got battered by us. They didn't create 1 chance the whole game, not 1! Bottom of the barrel football.

Wouldn't want that matchfixer close to our club at all. Sideline clown with a wig belongs to a circus.
Me neither Conte is not my cup of tea either. But to deny that he is a cut above Arteta as a manager is insane. Arteta has done almost nothing and Conte has won 5 league titles with 3 different clubs.

As for match fixing, that is another reason I don’t like the guy. I’ll say this match fixing in Italian football is repulsive but endemic. I come from the Middle East we are just used to bribery and corruption and we understand in some circumstances you almost have no choice but to bribe someone. In Iran you got to bribe any government worker to do anything for you even if they are legally obligated. Not saying it is right just saying in Italy Football is dirty and he probably did no different than many club managers. Corruption has away of seeping into a society and becoming a cultural norm. If everyone is cheating then you feel entitled to cheat.

Reactions: Xln

Farzad Stoned

It is fair assumption for them. We really didn’t do anything, we held serve. If we bottle against LFc and they win they are one point away and we always seem to get battered at WHL. I think you are drawing a lot of conclusions from one match. Plus they must notice how United, Chelsea, and Lfc seem to be down from their historic levels; they have opportunities also this year and haven’t really clicked yet

SA Gunner

To be honest there were several moment when they broke through brilliantly with three or four passes. Somehow they couldn't capitalise on that but on another day we could have conceded one or two more. On the other hand two of their best opportunities fell to Perisić and Romero because they were created by Son or Kane near the half line. It should be the other way round to make them a high-percentage chances. The loss of Kulusevski was evident.

It seems to me that to be a contender they need all their team playing nearly 100% which I doubt is gonna happen every time. Son had a shocker and they haven't anybody else to create things. When Kane drops deep they don't have a presence upfront as Richarlison is looking more and more like a bust. Their defence is prone to individual mistakes and not technical enough to start the play from the back although works rather good as an unit. Also I don't believe Lloris instills a confidence on them, he's been shaky for a few years now.

With their current personnel they are very very thin upfront. It may be enough for a top 4 place because they are well drilled team capable of scoring anytime but can't see a proper challenge for the league without reinforcements.

And their good organisation, for what they do is credit to Conte. I may not rate him as an elite manager, but he is still very very good at what he does.

Think he's built a Tottenham team who are good enough to get into the Champions League next season, ahead of United and in a shootout with ourselves, Liverpool and Chelsea. Beyond that he needs more money and time to get them doing more.

I would be interested to see what Conte does if he does get the budget he needs and players he wants. Think if he stays long enough to get Sp**s up to Chelsea 16/17 quality, he may elevate them to be the best of the rest, behind a City for example and in an actual title race.

But Ill always be of the opinion, that as long as he plays with his philosophy will he always fall behind a progressive football manager like Guardiola or Klopp.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

It is fair assumption for them. We really didn’t do anything, we held serve. If we bottle against LFc and they win they are one point away and we always seem to get battered at WHL. I think you are drawing a lot of conclusions from one match. Plus they must notice how United, Chelsea, and Lfc seem to be down from their historic levels; they have opportunities also this year and haven’t really clicked yet

Its not one match, its more me analysing their playing style under Conte, and where they are lacking.

Make no mistake, if backed sufficiently, Conte will turn Sp**s into a monster team. But, again, I still dont think he will be clear of the rest of the league, who will get similar and more backing. Reason, because of his football philosophy and the fact that it has become a bit outdated today.

The standard in the game has been set by Guardiola and Klopp. You need to embrace that style to stay at the top these days.

Farzad Stoned

Its not one match, its more me analysing their playing style under Conte, and where they are lacking.

Make no mistake, if backed sufficiently, Conte will turn Sp**s into a monster team. But, again, I still dont think he will be clear of the rest of the league, who will get similar and more backing. Reason, because of his football philosophy and the fact that it has become a bit outdated today.

The standard in the game has been set by Guardiola and Klopp. You need to embrace that style to stay at the top these days.
Yes but Guardiola has luxuries maybe only PSG can afford they can have a team that beats you in multiple ways because of depth. Lfc is a better model but even Klopp had to prioritize and his team this year look totally dusted in midfield. Conte can’t play like Guardiola because he doesn’t have those resources to have a world class midfield along with his world class front line. At Arsenal Arteta is being given the type of resources to play the total football needed. Sp**s don’t spend like us consistently in transfers, they are playing us on the road I don’t see how his tactical set up was bad for a road NLD it is always their outlook for that match, sit back and defend.

They just don’t spend enough and Levy doesn’t back his managers enough probably to do much more than they are. I personally think this is his last year at Sp**s.

SA Gunner

Yes but Guardiola has luxuries maybe only PSG can afford they can have a team that beats you in multiple ways because of depth. Lfc is a better model but even Klopp had to prioritize and his team this year look totally dusted in midfield. Conte can’t play like Guardiola because he doesn’t have those resources to have a world class midfield along with his world class front line. At Arsenal Arteta is being given the type of resources to play the total football needed. Sp**s don’t spend like us consistently in transfers, they are playing us on the road I don’t see how his tactical set up was bad for a road NLD it is always their outlook for that match, sit back and defend.

They just don’t spend enough and Levy doesn’t back his managers enough probably to do much more than they are. I personally think this is his last year at Sp**s.

I agree with you and your analysis of his situation, 100%

The question I would ask you is this. Say, Conte's next job is at PSG for example. Do you think that he would implement a style similar to Guardiola or build a super team which play his brand of football at its limits?

Next question, lets assume Conte builds his team (gets Lukaku/Vlahovic upfront, a deep lying playmaker like Locatelli/Tonali and super wingbacks). If that Conte super team comes up against a Guardiola super team (current City), who do you think wins a best out of 5 games competition against each other?

Farzad Stoned

I agree with you and your analysis of his situation, 100%

The question I would ask you is this. Say, Conte's next job is at PSG for example. Do you think that he would implement a style similar to Guardiola or build a super team which play his brand of football at its limits?

Next question, lets assume Conte builds his team (gets Lukaku/Vlahovic upfront, a deep lying playmaker like Locatelli/Tonali and super wingbacks). If that Conte super team comes up against a Guardiola super team (current City), who do you think wins a best out of 5 games competition against each other?
Hmm interesting scenario. Honestly Conte wins in my mind. Pep has had luxuries no manager in world football has had. The guy has managed arguably 3 of 4 the 4 historic legends of this period Lewandowski, Messi, and now Haaland. So it is a hard hypo to analyze because all we have seen is Guardiola managing super teams where I don’t think Conte ever has. Considering this fact I honestly rate them as about equal, I rate Klopp ahead of both despite both of Conte and Guardiola having more league titles. I like managers who know how to play marginal hands as well as they know how to play with a full house. Poker becomes easy if the cards are stacked the way they have been for Pep.

SA Gunner

Hmm interesting scenario. Honestly Conte wins in my mind. Pep has had luxuries no manager in world football has had. The guy has managed arguably 3 of 4 the 4 historic legends of this period Lewandowski, Messi, and now Haaland. So it is a hard hypo to analyze because all we have seen is Guardiola managing super teams where I don’t think Conte ever has. Considering this fact I honestly rate them as about equal, I rate Klopp ahead of both despite both of Conte and Guardiola having more league titles. I like managers who know how to play marginal hands as well as they know how to play with a full house. Poker becomes easy if the cards are stacked the way they have been for Pep.

I find your response interesting, because I believe the exact opposite :D

But ultimately I think we respond in line with what we believe is the superior type of football. And you are correct to believe this, because Conte is absolutely magnificent at the long haul, the league process, as seen everywhere he has gone in his career.

Top Bottom