• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's easy to get carried away when we are playing the way we are: it really is title winning form. However, it's a *loooooooooooooong* season which is made even more complex due to the timing of the WC. If we're still within touching distance of City by the end of October then I think we can readjust expectations.

Right now I would take 4th.

World Cup according to my maths we’re sending 14 and City are sending 15. Chelsea could be sending 20 though which is mental :lol:

Even if Ben White, Ramsdale, Saliba, Gabriel and Martinelli all go for example I don’t think they’ll playing much at all.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Top 4 is a must yes, but I would also like to see good runs in the FA cup and Europa League.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
A lot of supporters seem to be getting a little carried away here ?

We're not even 1/4 of the way into the season yet & people are saying we are in title winning form.

Its refreshing for sure, but we've played 8 games. We have 30 to go plus a hectic EL schedule.

I'm not trying to pi$$ on everyone's cornflakes but I'm enjoying the moment & not letting myself get carried away. If we get to January & we are still in 2nd or 3rd then I will be very happy.

We just need to keep the momentum & take it a game at a time. A few additions in January would be a smart move too. Danilo & a winger would do nicely. Hopefully ESR will be back in contention then too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes. At present, 4th would be a letdown but the squad is very thin and there's plenty of time for things to go wrong so the guarantee of CL football absolutely is something you'd have to sign up for as it ensures better standing to improve in the market as well as retain our best players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Question for me is.

Do you sack Arteta based on these revised standards?

Depends who’s available if we bottle 4th.

If Klopp or someone of that calibre is free and wants to come here then I’d say yes.

If it’s slim pickings go again.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Think it was @Rex Bezos that said it takes too much money to keep a title winning squad (among other intangibles), having a good squad to challenge the three top spots on the regular is key.

Saliba, Saka, Xhaka's current form, Jesus. This squad needs a big january and I really hope the club sees it and is willing to go the extra mile.

Renew the first two and suddenly you can go all out in the summer to add that Alisson/Van Djik kind of squad piece that elevates it to title contenders.
Who would it be btw, those pieces to elevate us? I was thinking like Frenkie and Gnabry or Coman… something like that

razörist

Gnabry just signed a new contract. Dead ball knowledge as per from you.
I knew that. He’s a sub for them though, if that continues he’ll want out. Thought you would understand that, guess thats too difficult for your chicken brain.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What kind of poll is this. It epitomizes perfectly how stuck Arsenal supporters are in the past and don't dare to believe in the present. City is out of reach, but we are clearly the second best team in England.
You can’t say you’re the second best in England until you beat Liverpool and actually finish above them. Outside the FA Cup, Arteta has got battered by Klopp.

But I agree there is a chance for second and we should push for that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What kind of poll is this. It epitomizes perfectly how stuck Arsenal supporters are in the past and don't dare to believe in the present. City is out of reach, but we are clearly the second best team in England.
At the moment. But 2 or 3 injuries or losses would soon make us vulnerable.

We weren't the 2nd best team starting this season. 8 games doesn't suddenly change that.

Before the start of the season you would have taken 4th. While we are playing excellent at the moment I would still take any form of top 4.

It isn't being negative or accepting 4th. It's knowing that this team and progression needs at least top 4. Anything else this year is a bonus.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Who would it be btw, those pieces to elevate us? I was thinking like Frenkie and Gnabry or Coman… something like that

Someone better than yellowbox and another wide forward? Can Frenkie do that?

Barcelona will manage to force him out eventually.

Raphinha was a really good shout from within the league.

Guess those are the two positions needed, alright.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Danilo looks to be the player the club wants for another option at 5.

We'll need another option for 8 too, depending on how ESR develops after surgery. If the club are smart they will look to bring someone in anyway.

There were plenty of names linked for winger, but it sounds like Pedro Neto was our favoured option once Raphina was not happening.

With Wolves struggling, a January move would be unlikely. Danilo could happen tho.

Our league fixtures for the rest of the year look good for a good points haul if we continue good form. We have Liverpool & Chelsea & maybe Man City if they reschedule. Those will be big games, but all games are tough in this league.

razörist

Frenkie could play his position and he could play with him. Perfect marque signing. Attacker I really don’t know. Fecking Pepe type if Pepe didnt suck

Top Bottom