• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Danilo looks to be the player the club wants for another option at 5.

We'll need another option for 8 too, depending on how ESR develops after surgery. If the club are smart they will look to bring someone in anyway.

There were plenty of names linked for winger, but it sounds like Pedro Neto was our favoured option once Raphina was not happening.

With Wolves struggling, a January move would be unlikely. Danilo could happen tho.

Our league fixtures for the rest of the year look good for a good points haul if we continue good form. We have Liverpool & Chelsea & maybe Man City if they reschedule. Those will be big games, but all games are tough in this league.

I wouldn't mind Danilo, but I also don't think we should be signing more project players for TP's and the left 8 position.

Elneny is out the door in the summer, Xhaka might want to try life at a different club.

Just think we look primed to step up and signings should go along with that.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I wouldn't mind Danilo, but I also don't think we should be signing more project players for TP's and the left 8 position.

Elneny is out the door in the summer, Xhaka might want to try life at a different club.

Just think we look primed to step up and signings should go along with that.
Agreed.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
4th and nothing else may or may not be good enough. If we play poorly against top rivals and collapse into 4th like we collapsed into 5th last year from a higher position I would say fire him. If we win a cup and get 4th keep him. Top 3 in league is safety for me regardless of how we get it. I think Arteta is a mediocrity, but he has now had a lot of time and players have built a chemistry from this stability and we have bought well. So by keeping Arteta despite his flaws there is the benefit of not disturbing a yrebd moving in right direction. He also hasn’t gotten every decision wrong he is just weak tactically and with substitutions. He also managed his squad size, rotations very poorly. And no there has been no particular injury crisis more than what any other manager deals with not named city.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I have always been pretty consistent with my expectations. Top 6 last season.
We should be pushing & hopefully getting top 4 this.

Many on here were saying we would likely finish 6th at the start of the season.

Squad looks stronger than last season but imho it was the weakest in the top 6 then.

Sp**s,Man City, Chelsea & Man U have all outspent us in the last 12 months. Chelsea have dropped over a quarter of a billion this summer alone!!
Liverpool have had a poor start but it's a marathon not a sprint & they will likely bounce back(just hope it's not on sun🤞).

Was only a couple of season's back that Sp**s were top around Xmas & finished 7th.

There are still 30 games left ffs we are not even a quarter into the season.

So yes I would take 4th now just like I would have taken 5th/6th last season with a young side hopefully consistently improving over the next few years👍.

However I get why people (me included) were disappointed at the end of last season with 5th & some will be disappointed with 4th this season because we have got off to a very good start.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This what FiveThirtyEight are projecting:
View attachment 9567

Highest probability to finish 3rd, so signing on for 4th now wouldn’t be a huge difference
We seen that ****e last year. Think at one point we were like 80% to get CL and Sp**s 20%. One or two games and that swings again.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We seen that ****e last year. Think at one point we were like 80% to get CL and Sp**s 20%. One or two games and that swings again.
It was the projection at the time you asked the question.

Manchester United Idk GIF by UEFA

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
No side has ever missed top 4 and all have challenged (whatever that actually means??) for title from this position in PL era

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
1664866160001.png

Thought I’d add in a rival view. Seems like we should grab 5th if offered today.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
View attachment 9574

Thought I’d add in a rival view. Seems like we should grab 5th if offered today.
That lot have some cheek about lacking minerals. Only trophy they lift is Kanes golden boot now and again.

That said its too early to get carried away. Literally a couple of draws or injuries and everything is wide open again. But we are in a brilliant position at the minute so all is good. Hopefully beat or at least draw with a poor Liverpool this weekend. Its the first Liverpool match I've genuinely believed we can win (more because of their form than ours).

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Wouldn't take fourth if offered now. It's not like we're guaranteed to improve every season. The 2007/2008 season was a great one where we had young promising players and we could've, maybe should've, won the title.

Probably a fair thing to say was that our players were young and it was a project going in the season after. The season after we finished some 18 (?) point behind the Champions in fourth, also far behind Liverpool and Chelsea.

To summarize, we've started extremely well and you never know what happens. Our schedule has been fairly easy but we've done the business except for United away. Haaland has had some injury problems in the past. You never know what's going to happen. We're not as good as City but this could be a season where the other teams throw it away like when Leicester won it. We have to do the business against the small teams and beat the big teams at home, starting with Liverpool.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Dont get me wrong would take 4th but club needs to be aiming higher, aim for the title, miss and get 2nd etc.

Should always aim for the top and see where we land.

CL qualification is the main goal but I think getting 2nd is a big statement and helps in the transfer market vs 4th.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
View attachment 9574

The irony of a Sp**s fan calling anyone else bottlejobs :lol:

Maybe at some point they'll find something to put in their trophy cabinet along with the prestigious Audi Cup and the 'Best stadium in the world' trophy, but I doubt it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
538 tell me the likelihood of a snarky post from you was 100%.
Well 538 also told us Hillary would become president in 2016, if their predictions were worth anything @farzad4daarse would be a sane and normal poster and not have his arse hanging out his avi.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Well 538 also told us Hillary would become president in 2016, if their predictions were worth anything @farzad4daarse would be a sane and normal poster and not have his arse hanging out his avi.
I’ll make sure to tag you whenever I post their projections in the future so you never miss it. 🙌

Top Bottom