• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
6 goals 2 assists in 9 games is very good at this pace he'll get 20 goals at least he been very clinical with Reims

We don't know what going to happen in summer but if Eddie continues his development Balogun will be 3rd choice. Either way stay or sell its win-win situation for club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

6 goals 2 assists in 9 games is very good at this pace he'll get 20 goals at least he been very clinical with Reims

We don't know what going to happen in summer but if Eddie continues his development Balogun will be 3rd choice. Either way stay or sell its win-win situation for club.
A point per 75 minutes, that's some serious end-product level.

I thought we will lose either Nketiah or Balogun, or both. But Arteta got both extended, which will make up a lot in terms of not getting a fee for Auba. Actually it's worth more than Auba very likely.

Nice timing and position for the goal although a tap-in.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Always thought he would go the Nelson route but he seem to unless in France (a league I rate higher than Bundesliga fwiw) Nketiah should maybe be nervous

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If he continues his development should be pushing for some starts next year certainly in domestic cups.
We real need 3 strikers . Let's be honest if one of our current 2 got injured with European football we will struggle.

We know Jesus can play wide if needed. Who's to say either Eddie or Flo couldnt develop & also be utilised as a wide forward at times?

drippin

If he continues his development should be pushing for some starts next year certainly in domestic cups.
We real need 3 strikers . Let's be honest if one of our current 2 got injured with European football we will struggle.

We know Jesus can play wide if needed. Who's to say either Eddie or Flo couldnt develop & also be utilised as a wide forward at times?
Pretty sure this season Martinelli is our 3rd choice striker. You can see him switching places with Jesus already inside the games.

The problem of course is ESR's injury, so we don't have proper winger backup at that point.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Pretty sure this season Martinelli is our 3rd choice striker. You can see him switching places with Jesus already inside the games.

The problem of course is ESR's injury, so we don't have proper winger backup at that point.
Yes I agree . I think that's why we looked at the wide positions this season & likely we want another winger who could play both sides especially with Pepe gone.
No reason balogun can't be 3rd choice striker fighting to be 2nd next season. He is still young. Eddie was 3rd behind Auba & Laca for a long time.

drippin

Yes I agree . I think that's why we looked at the wide positions this season & likely we want another winger who could play both sides especially with Pepe gone.
No reason balogun can't be 3rd choice striker fighting to be 2nd next season. He is still young. Eddie was 3rd behind Auba & Laca for a long time.
If we get UCL next season, there needs to be more quality depth because you need to field your best players in the group stages too. A top striker would be a nice buy, because Jesus can play on the wing. But I don't think we can give up on Balogun without giving him a chance, so it's tough.

But it's a nice dilemma to have, because one option is to use the money on other positions like a top top midfielder. What I wouldn't want though is to keep Balogun to mostly be on the bench, because he needs game-time to develop.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
That's some serious output early in the season. Happy days, great loan so far. If he has a good season in France (can't expect this output to keep up, but if he ends with solid figures) he HAS to earn a spot in the squad. Even if it's just to show the youngsters that there's perspective if you do well on loan.

I'm a big believer in not buying squad depth, but using your youngsters effectively (if there's a decent talent coming through). A 20m winger or rightback back-up is probably not going to provide much more than Balogun or Norton-Cuffy but does block you from going big for a marquee signing.

drippin

That's some serious output early in the season. Happy days, great loan so far. If he has a good season in France (can't expect this output to keep up, but if he ends with solid figures) he HAS to earn a spot in the squad. Even if it's just to show the youngsters that there's perspective if you do well on loan.

I'm a big believer in not buying squad depth, but using your youngsters effectively (if there's a decent talent coming through). A 20m winger or rightback back-up is probably not going to provide much more than Balogun or Norton-Cuffy but does block you from going big for a marquee signing.
The problem comes if Jesus gets injured for a long time. Then you have Nketiah and Balogun, and basically we can't be yet sure if either are Arsenal starting striker level. Nketiah has been very good in the past year though, 2nd striker level I think.

But yeah, having Balogun can enable us getting some 100 million DMF/CMF midfielder. That's a good point about showing youngsters that good loans give you a path to the team.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Realistically the outcome of his good form is it puts a bigger value on his head and leads to a transfer. The chances of us having him in the squad next season if he has scored 15-20 goals in France are slim to none. It would be the perfect time to sell him, but given our recent history maybe they club would be dumb enough to keep hold of him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Realistically the outcome of his good form is it puts a bigger value on his head and leads to a transfer. The chances of us having him in the squad next season if he has scored 15-20 goals in France are slim to none. It would be the perfect time to sell him, but given our recent history maybe they club would be dumb enough to keep hold of him.

What if we moved Jesus out wide and played him and Eddie central?

Could save on a new goalscorer signing if this guy is actually legit. Finishers are hard to find.

Dutch D

The problem comes if Jesus gets injured for a long time. Then you have Nketiah and Balogun, and basically we can't be yet sure if either are Arsenal starting striker level. Nketiah has been very good in the past year though, 2nd striker level I think.

But yeah, having Balogun can enable us getting some 100 million DMF/CMF midfielder. That's a good point about showing youngsters that good loans give you a path to the team.
Yeah, I see that problem as well, but it's hard to buy a €50m striker to be back-up. I think Jesus should play centrally for us even if he's not the most prolific. You can really see how he takes our entire squad up a level with his intensity and all-round play, need him in the centre for that. Martinelli as a striker option if Nketiah doesn't show form is an option, but we're light on the wing as well so that just shifts the problem.
Honestly would be a realistic approach as well. Given that he and Nketiah battle it out for the back-up striker role and Balogun would probably represent more value if he plays every week. We need to start generating some revenue from transfers, because we've been atrocious at that and it will hurt our long-term success if we don't. Difficult evaluation at the end of the season.

drippin

Yeah, I see that problem as well, but it's hard to buy a €50m striker to be back-up. I think Jesus should play centrally for us even if he's not the most prolific. You can really see how he takes our entire squad up a level with his intensity and all-round play, need him in the centre for that. Martinelli as a striker option if Nketiah doesn't show form is an option, but we're light on the wing as well so that just shifts the problem.
The option is to buy a top striker so Jesus will play on the wing and can switch positions if needed, and rotate as the striker. Of course the attacker would also need to have pretty good build-up etc. skills.

One option is to put a buy-back clause in the deal if we sell Balogun. But he would have to want to come back then. Or loan him once again in a better team. He has contract until 2025.

Depending on our funds, it might be best to buy a top top midfielder, maybe another midfielder, plus a good winger. And let Nketiah and Balogun battle it out and rotate for a year.

Dutch D

The option is to buy a top striker so Jesus will play on the wing and can switch positions if needed, and rotate as the striker. Of course the attacker would also need to have pretty good build-up etc. skills.
Yeah, I understand, but I don't want to move Jesus from the striker position to accomodate having two good strikers in the squad. I understand why one might want to, though.
Depending on our funds, it might be best to buy a top top midfielder, maybe another midfielder, plus a good winger. And let Nketiah and Balogun battle it out and rotate for a year.
That's how I'm currently looking at it.

drippin

Yeah, I understand, but I don't want to move Jesus from the striker position to accomodate having two good strikers in the squad. I understand why one might want to, though.

That's how I'm currently looking at it.
Yeah it's a great dilemma to have now that both have been extended. Strikers are expensive.

D

Deleted member 102404

A point per 75 minutes, that's some serious end-product level.

I thought we will lose either Nketiah or Balogun, or both. But Arteta got both extended, which will make up a lot in terms of not getting a fee for Auba. Actually it's worth more than Auba very likely.

Nice timing and position for the goal although a tap-in.

That’s a brilliant goal IMO. A real strikers instinct and not an easy finish when you are running across the defender and towards the ball like that to get front side.

Top Bottom