• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Don't know, doesn't apply for me. The only rivals I feel strongly towards are Liverpool and City. The rest are just teams we were competitive with historically like Arsenal, Chelsea or even Leeds. But it's interesting, I think some here hate United more than Sp**s.
No I don’t hate United more than Sp**s. I am on record that I prefer LFC or United to win to City and their Petrosheik dictator or Newcastle. But yes there is a lot of animosity towards United at Arsenal because you guys were good the last time we were good, in actuality both clubs have massively underperformed for over a decade or in our case even longer.

Melquiades

Interestingly on the Red Cafe thread about Arsenal they basically think we only have a couple of 'special' players, Saliba and Partey and the rest are just 'good' I can't disagree although I think Saka is knocking on the door.

I think if ever there was a summary of what has been wrong with United for the last decade and why we appear to be on the up it is that. They constantly seem to signing these 'special' players to appease the fans and sell shirts with seemingly no thought to the team unit as a whole.

A lot of our players may only be 'good' but as a team there is a lot of balance, the players fit the system the manager wants to play and there are complimentary partnerships forming all over the pitch. That is good squad building and something SAF era United used to be fantastic at, I see that now at Arsenal but don't see it at all at United.

This is spot on.

Since Fergie's exit, that team has been built like it's being run by a teenager trying to create super-cool superclub on a video game. Big names and trendy signings who look great in Youtube compilations with no thought put into how they fit into a team or system, or the character or workrate of the people they're buying.

There also appears to be a weird inferiority complex that has developed since the rise of City where the team is trying to prove how big they are and that they're still the biggest team in England by how big of signings they can make and how much they can overpay guys rather than proving how big they are by winning games and trophies.

Meanwhile, all (or almost all) of City's guys are high-motor, high-character people who fit into a system and a plan. And we're the poor man's City right now, which hopefully changes when we get back into the UCL - but like City, we're making smart signings of good up-and-coming players who are good people and fit a system.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Their fans are clearly struggling with our rebuild now, especially since it’s showing signs of bearing fruit. Watch their discussions on their fan channels and you’ll see them struggle to credit Arsenal, despite having our name at the tip of their tongues a lot. They are very insecure about what’s happening, especially because they are coming to terms with it not being some flash in the pan occurrence.

But, they have done very well bringing Ten Hag in, because he will build up the same system for them, as Arteta has done here. He is already bedding in the key fundamentals of positional play into their system, and it’s a good sign for them. If they are patient this time, and I think they will because of our clear example, they’ll be back amongst the best again two seasons from now.

City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle, all look set to adopt and play JDP as their baseline in the coming seasons

Haphazard

They have to give ETH time, he is key in bringing in players that actually match what he is trying to do and they need to stay away from super flashy signings for shirt sales.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
IMG-20221005-WA0015.jpg

This guy should retire :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Why has Sancho been so bad for them?

Don’t just say Farmers League because the guy was obviously a talent.
I think it's reductive and lazy to label him talentless. Every top talent (save for Bruno) that has gone to united since Fergie retired has ended up as a flop. Maybe it's an institutional problem.

All their best players in the last few years have been their academy graduates. It's weird.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's hard to tell, a lot of players struggle with the difference between the two leagues as we've seen before and I think a lot of people thought because he's English he'll adapt but that isn't the case.

Might be similar to Pepe, he joined and was in and out the team, often the team struggled as a collective and ended up with two different managers who may or may not fancy him, when you're a young kid stability is going to have an impact.

I don't see what Sancho has in his locker that tells me he'll be a top player.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

It's hard to tell, a lot of players struggle with the difference between the two leagues as we've seen before and I think a lot of people thought because he's English he'll adapt but that isn't the case.

Might be similar to Pepe, he joined and was in and out the team, often the team struggled as a collective and ended up with two different managers who may or may not fancy him, when you're a young kid stability is going to have an impact.

I don't see what Sancho has in his locker that tells me he'll be a top player.
He does have some food attributes, I think what he lacks is work ethic. Everytime I watch he looks half arse. He gets easily muscled off the ball.

He's a very technical player but lacks the physicality. Usually that's enough in the Bundesliga. But in the PL it's a whole other ball game. But I still feel, he'd have looked far better if he was playing for city or Liverpool.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Feels like he just mentally checked out after getting the bag from United, he was meh even under Oleh, and most United attackers looked good under him.
Don't believe in the Buli tax either, he looked good in the CL with them iirc.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Some highlights, Haaland now has as many PL Garrick’s as old stink eye Cristiano Ronaldo in their careers. Haaland is fastest player to reach 3 hatricks in PL history, previous record was Owen at 48 matches to Haaland’s 9.

What this makes it a laugh at United moment is the interesting fact that United could of bought him from Molde when they had Ole as Ole gave Haaland his first top flight start as a teenager. The board did not approve what must seem like a minuscule buyout now. Lol. Wow talk about one who got away to only comeback and haunt you at your now more successful cross town rivals, bitter pill. Poor Ole

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

He does have some food attributes, I think what he lacks is work ethic. Everytime I watch he looks half arse. He gets easily muscled off the ball.

He's a very technical player but lacks the physicality. Usually that's enough in the Bundesliga. But in the PL it's a whole other ball game. But I still feel, he'd have looked far better if he was playing for city or Liverpool.
Yeah, he probably needs motivation, in terms of players and the manager. The United dressing room with CR sulking about must be a pretty depressing place.

Top Bottom