• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the best I've seen him in terms of all round game. I'd even say he'd find himself unlucky to be benched by Zinchenko. Though I suppose there's a tactical element to it.

DuBB

Some of the passes he's making and attempting I didn't think he had in him. He's more technically sound than I thought he was.

Even with his right foot. He's playing first time passes from his right foot, facing the oncoming pass, across to the DM or even to the RB that I didn't know he would even think to try.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pleasantly surprised by how he’s responding to Zinchenko, I thought he was finished here tbh. Might even have to credit Arteta with something here because Tierney has always had the ability he just tended to play very safe and within himself.

I’m not surprised at the passes he’s completing, I’m more surprised that he’s attempting them in the first place.

As good as he is though he might be too good to be a back up and might end being a sellable asset. Depends on how much the Kroenke’s are going to continue to invest.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Pleasantly surprised by how he’s responding to Zinchenko, I thought he was finished here tbh. Might even have to credit Arteta with something here because Tierney has always had the ability he just tended to play very safe and within himself.

I’m not surprised at the passes he’s completing, I’m more surprised that he’s attempting them in the first place.

As good as he is though he might be too good to be a back up and might end being a sellable asset. Depends on how much the Kroenke’s are going to continue to invest.
I feel like him and Zinchenko are both better when they can rotate. I reckon they’re about the same level but I wouldn’t want either playing every week in case their form goes.

This is what makes Man City great though, having quality back ups. I remember the Arsène days when our best players would all be injured and we’d have some dogsh*t back up in their place.

MikeVinna

Established Member
We’d definitely be in trouble if we had just one of Zinny/Tierney. Both of them are out with injury frequently. I wouldn’t be surprised if they play a similar amount of matches this season.

LittleMo

The worry will be keeping them all happy tbh. I doubt any of Tomi, KT or Zinchenko will be happy to be sitting out big games like this on the bench or sitting out a majority of games if they could be playing.

They are all coming into the main years of their careers and players at this level want to play. It’s a bit different if you have someone coming through and learning, or someone at the end of their career, as they know they may be on the bench a bit more.

Tbh I think one of them will end up going elsewhere

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He didnt played yesterday because of Salah who always cuts inside. and since Tomiyasu is very good 1 vs 1 i understood the decision to go with him instead of Tierney. and Tomiyasu is right footed and Salah was nowhere to be found yesterday because of that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This is competition, good players should thrive on that.

KT and Zinchenko have both played well when given the opportunity. Tomi ( who I don't think will be playing LB too frequently) had a great game.

Compete with each other and improve if you want the starting spot. Also all these guys are fairly injury prone. There's going to be game time there for all of them.

I think as Arsenal fans we've become so used to a lack of depth that we overly worry about stuff like game time for individuals when they have some competition.

LittleMo

This is competition, good players should thrive on that.

KT and Zinchenko have both played well when given the opportunity. Tomi ( who I don't think will be playing LB too frequently) had a great game.

Compete with each other and improve if you want the starting spot. Also all these guys are fairly injury prone. There's going to be game time there for all of them.

I think as Arsenal fans we've become so used to a lack of depth that we overly worry about stuff like game time for individuals when they have some competition.
Competition of course works to some extent but Zinchenko, Tierney, they are both playing very well, both standouts in their last few games.

Add Tomi into that - competition only goes so far, 3 players for 1 place isn’t good odds for any of them if regularly playing is their aim. If you get to the point where you are on top of your game and play really well in games yet you still stay on the bench and there’s no obvious path to being the first choice, naturally you’ll look elsewhere.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
There was one moment when Xhaka made a great run and was pissed at Tierney who just passed it back. It was such an easy pass to make for a Premier League level player and would‘ve put Xhaka in a one-on-one situation. It‘s moments like that where you see why Tierney has fallen out of the order.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Competition of course works to some extent but Zinchenko, Tierney, they are both playing very well, both standouts in their last few games.

Add Tomi into that - competition only goes so far, 3 players for 1 place isn’t good odds for any of them if regularly playing is their aim. If you get to the point where you are on top of your game and play really well in games yet you still stay on the bench and there’s no obvious path to being the first choice, naturally you’ll look elsewhere.

I don't think Tomi's going to be a regular starter at LB tbh. I favour him more at RB or even CB with Gabriel looking a bit dodgy.

If it's mainly KT vs Zinchenko, I'm fine with that. KT's my favourite player after Saka but given his injury record I don't think you can have him as your number 1 starting LB with a lower level back up. It's too risky for me.

KT doesn't seem the sort of lad to shrink from a challenge and I can see him reclaiming the starters spot ahead of Zinchenko before the end of the season.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
I don't think Tomi's going to be a regular starter at LB tbh. I favour him more at RB or even CB with Gabriel looking a bit dodgy.

If it's mainly KT vs Zinchenko, I'm fine with that. KT's my favourite player after Saka but given his injury record I don't think you can have him as your number 1 starting LB with a lower level back up. It's too risky for me.

KT doesn't seem the sort of lad to shrink from a challenge and I can see him reclaiming the starters spot ahead of Zinchenko before the end of the season.
Not to mention Zinczenko could probably play Xhaka position.

LittleMo

I am not trying to suggest that it’s wrong or anything - especially with injury prone players, you need good options.

It’s the same in other positions. RB for example, Cedric seems happy as a squad player just being cover but I wonder if Tomi might feel hard done by that Arteta essentially converted White and he’s not been given much of a run of games there and, if after yesterday’s performance, he doesn’t keep his place, is he going to be a bit pissed off?

I suppose keeping players happy is part of Arteta’s job. I am just trying to see it from the players perspective in that if putting in great performances on the pitch doesn’t earn you a start, what will?

Tomb Bombadil

The worry will be keeping them all happy tbh. I doubt any of Tomi, KT or Zinchenko will be happy to be sitting out big games like this on the bench or sitting out a majority of games if they could be playing.

They are all coming into the main years of their careers and players at this level want to play. It’s a bit different if you have someone coming through and learning, or someone at the end of their career, as they know they may be on the bench a bit more.

Tbh I think one of them will end up going elsewhere
They are all injury prone. I hope we will have the opportunity to have all of them available for some games. Especially at the moment they will all play. But of course if you are not a starter in the PL, they will not be happy.

ATM it would be Tierney who would leave.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I hope he likes it here enough to be satisfied with for now being ride the bench and play EL this season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...you alright there, Kieran?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Really poor today. Overly direct when there was absolutely no reason, poor decision making in general.

Not a way to stake a claim for his place...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom