• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He weren’t gonna get this contract anywhere else though. His agent finessed Edu.

I'm sure he could have got 60-80k from the bottom half of the table that's the point of running down your contract. Furthermore we don't know his salary for sure we only have the rags to go off it might not even be correct.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm sure he could have got 60-80k from the bottom half of the table that's the point of running down your contract. Furthermore we don't know his salary for sure we only have the rags to go off it might not even be correct.
I don’t think we know anyones salary really we just have to go off sources so his 100k pw sounds normal to me. I don’t think he wouldn’t got a more lucrative deal anywhere and would end up in less prestigious clubs.

I just think he’s never had enough minutes to develop so is like a permanent youth player. I can’t remember but didn’t he end up benching Laca?

BigPoppaPump

Yeah I like the kid but he’s a fool for staying here. Benefits the club way more than it benefits him.

At the end of the day he’s actually getting regular game time and unfortunately for him that’s what people will focus on, not the fact that he’s only brought on when the game is over/being chased or only starts in our B teams. We’ve been here with other players, nobody is gonna care unfortunately.

I really don’t like how Mikel didn’t let him get minutes (and probably some goals) when we were flying. Now he’s cold and out of form. But I’ve spoken on Mikel’s use of his squad before. He doesn’t seem to really care about keeping his squaddies sharp.
He would’ve just ended up back up whatever club he went to unless it was like League One. Might as well be back up at Arsenal.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He is a momentum and confidence player, meaning he needs a sustained run in the side to see the best from him. As we saw towards the end of last season.

He hasnt played enough to build up some rhythm and confidence to bring out the best of him. The player is there, he needs more minutes, just like Jesus needed more minutes to bring out his best. End of.

Ding ding ding @SA Gunner gets it, that's 5 points to Gryffindor!

What did we see last season with Nketiah? That a sustained run in the side gave him confidence and that led to good goal scoring form and good performances, so much so that people were very positive about him here (myself included).

So what's the problem this season? Well inconsistent minutes in the league, and he does get starts in the EL but with slightly weakened teams (plus when he wasn't getting many minutes in the Premier League his form dropped which affected him in the EL too).

I'm not saying this to blame Arteta, cos look, this is Eddie's role right? He's our 2nd striker. But at the same time there's two questions I think we should be asking:

1. How many minutes does Eddie need to be able to maintain good form.

2. Can we give him those minutes.

If Eddie needs to be starting most games to build up good form then we're in trouble because Arteta simply can't offer him that (unless Nketiah starts heavily outperforming Jesus).

But if Eddie just needs maybe 30 minutes or so in league games consistently (instead of the last 10/20 minutes) then perhaps we can find a way to make it work?

Some of this is on Eddie too, don't get me wrong about that. Because the onus is also on him to be able to adapt and be more effective even if he isn't getting the opportunities he'd like. That said it's not exactly an easy ask; being an effective sub is essentially a skill, perhaps a rare one and not everyone is built for it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I feel like he would’ve ended up benched regardless of what team he went too. Unless it was like Championship or League 1 but they ain’t paying him 60k+
You’re probably right, but idk, who’s his competition at Brighton? An aging welbeck. At Wolves a dusted Diego Costa.

Think if things worked out well for him he might have been able to start for a bottom half team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Eddie has been playing starters mins once a week due to the condensed European schedule.

Yeah it’s been with the B-team but I’m not sure how much weight the “he needs momentum” argument really holds tbh.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
You talk as if he played like Jesus in that small period last season lol

He just chased a few balls and managed to take advantage of a couple of mistakes to get them in, nothing else. In his "out of form" run he's doing exactly the same he was doing back then, bumping into every player he can and running around looking for any scraps. When there are no scraps, this is what happens.

He hasn't developed his game into a new level at all. He's just a bit of a comical rip off to Danny Welbeck these days now that teams aren't making the mistakes he needs to actually do something of note.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
You talk as if he played like Jesus in that small period last season lol

He just chased a few balls and managed to take advantage of a couple of mistakes to get them in, nothing else. In his "out of form" run he's doing exactly the same he was doing back then, bumping into every player he can and running around looking for any scraps. When there are no scraps, this is what happens.

He hasn't developed his game into a new level at all. He's just a bit of a comical rip off to Danny Welbeck these days now that teams aren't making the mistakes he needs to actually do something of note.
Exactly. I literally can't think of anything he has done in an Arsenal shirt that made me think he was anything but ordinary.

He'll know it too. For his own sake he should look to move in the summer.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We could give him a run down the middle with Martinelli, Saka and Jesus alternating out wide. The question is whether we can take the risk and how confident we are that he will score or assist consistently. I've never seen him as potential top drawer and we find ourselves having to try a risky experiment

BigPoppaPump

You’re probably right, but idk, who’s his competition at Brighton? An aging welbeck. At Wolves a dusted Diego Costa.

Think if things worked out well for him he might have been able to start for a bottom half team.
I think he needs to play every week in the Championship then maybe after a season or two he'd be PL level but he just hasn't played enough in his career. I can't imagine him being first choice for a PL team especially over a whole season.

He's only 23 though that's still very young for a striker but that's also a crucial age where you need minutes, you're not a youth player anymore.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We could give him a run down the middle with Martinelli, Saka and Jesus alternating out wide. The question is whether we can take the risk and how confident we are that he will score or assist consistently. I've never seen him as potential top drawer and we find ourselves having to try a risky experiment
You try that experiment only after some impressive displays in domestic and European cups, which didn't happen.

I have nothing against him, happy that he got a chance at Arsenal, but clearly, he has not taken it and it's time for someone else. There's loads of talent on the market and within the club, it's just not worth it to persist with players who don't shine quickly enough

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You try that experiment only after some impressive displays in domestic and European cups, which didn't happen.

I have nothing against him, happy that he got a chance at Arsenal, but clearly, he has not taken it and it's time for someone else. There's loads of talent on the market and within the club, it's just not worth it to persist with players who don't shine quickly enough

I disagree, the season is still young and it's been pages and pages on battering Eddie and Sambi in particular when in truth absolutely nobody except Xhaka looks any good.

Everyone's favourites slyly looking like donkey doodoo in the past few games but this forum wants to single out the minor sidemen when they make their rare cameos. I don't get it. Never will.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom