• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Scored again for the U17 from England. 2 games, 2 goals.
I think having both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly is brilliant. Both played as a 2 man midfield in a 442 this match. Watched bits of it. I actually find Lewis-Skelly more impressive but Nwaneri has such magnificent poise and balance on the ball that it makes everything he does more impactful and with conviction. That's what makes him standout to me and perhaps why he's so highly sought after.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think having both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly is brilliant. Both played as a 2 man midfield in a 442 this match. Watched bits of it. I actually find Lewis-Skelly more impressive but Nwaneri has such magnificent poise and balance on the ball that it makes everything he does more impactful and with conviction. That's what makes him standout to me and perhaps why he's so highly sought after.
How would you develop and introduce these players to Arsenal 1st team in the coming years, considering Arsenal has Azeez & Patino?

Nwaneri as a winger maybe? What should Arsenal do with Azeez & Patino, one more loan or.. if we get UCL?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watched the game at the airport waiting for a flight. I’ve compared him to Wilshere/Foden in the past but he’s actually more like Greenwood, doesn’t have his Adriano like finishing but he looks more creative. He was playing on the left today and looked so comfortable out there.

Think we’re going to lose him hence the desperate debut he was given, all about the tribunal fee that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What makes you think that? He joined Arsenal when 9 years old.
Various Liverpool youth accounts were saying he’s joining and it’ll go to tribunal. TSS responded to one saying his dad is a big Liverpool fan.

drippin

Various Liverpool youth accounts were saying he’s joining and it’ll go to tribunal. TSS responded to one saying his dad is a big Liverpool fan.
Recently or when? Why didn't he join Liverpool when 9 years old?

drippin

After his debut in all the hysteria.

How would I know that big man?
Okay, we'll see. I think his father would have got him joined Liverpool as a 9-year old if that matters so much.

Of course possible that he goes to Liverpool, because they have so old squad mostly. But they also have Elliot, Carvalho and Jones who are all 19-21 year old CMF/AMF's.

There's also 4 positions in Arteta's tactic where Nwaneri can play. And Arsenal has proven a great path for young players to the first team.

drippin

That's a shame with Patino not tied down and Hutchinson now at Chelsea
Patino joined when 10 years old and is older than Nwaneri so he has even longer time at Arsenal. There is a two year extension option that Arsenal can trigger, but I assume they will rather write a new contract.

Hutchinson leaving is actually a good thing regarding Nwaneri and the other top talents.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Patino joined when 10 years old and is older than Nwaneri so he has even longer time at Arsenal. There is a two year extension option that Arsenal can trigger, but I assume they will rather write a new contract.

Hutchinson leaving is actually a good thing regarding Nwaneri and the other top talents.

Hutchinson is being compared to Hazard and we now need a winger. No upside to Hutchinson helping Chelsea but that's good news re Patino's contract

drippin

Hutchinson is being compared to Hazard and we now need a winger. No upside to Hutchinson helping Chelsea but that's good news re Patino's contract
Hutchinson went after more money to a derby rival, so I rather let those kind of personalities leave, when there are a huge amount of top talents coming through. He would have likely caused problems later on, if he is so willing to leave even to a London rival.

We have a young winger in Marquinhos, he is 6 months older than Hutchinson. We don't need more young wingers, apart from the much younger one's from academy. Saka, Martinelli and ESR are all 21-22 years old.

Rather have a path for Nwaneri than Hutchinson. With our young wingers it's better if the up and coming prospects are much younger so they can't demand game-time in a similar way.

We need top level proven attackers now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched the game at the airport waiting for a flight. I’ve compared him to Wilshere/Foden in the past but he’s actually more like Greenwood, doesn’t have his Adriano like finishing but he looks more creative. He was playing on the left today and looked so comfortable out there.

Think we’re going to lose him hence the desperate debut he was given, all about the tribunal fee that.
I'm quite confident that we'll keep both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly personally but it is a concern. I'm dubious about the tribunal talk and if it will get that far. The pathway won't differ as much but it does concern me because despite Arteta debuting him the way he did, the politics of that move was quite on the nose. It's possible that the token appearance won't be enough to shake the feeling that Arteta will be reluctant to rely on him at a time when he will be seeking to play more first team football - Arteta's lack of rotation will definitely cause some level of friction to the up-and-comers who've far surpassed U21 football and need greater challenges and opportunities. While it would be unfair to say Arteta doesn't trust young players given how young most of our squad is, he's nonetheless very reluctant and quite a bit stingy in terms of given opportunities to untried talents. Unless Nwaneri is loaned very early on and given enough money and reassurances, it is entirely possible that Nwaneri could conceivably have his trajectory capped by the glass door between Arteta's core and basically everyone else.

How would you develop and introduce these players to Arsenal 1st team in the coming years, considering Arsenal has Azeez & Patino?

Nwaneri as a winger maybe? What should Arsenal do with Azeez & Patino, one more loan or.. if we get UCL?
That's a tough question to answer because of how rigid the first team squad loooks currently. The only players I see getting in within the next year or 2 would be outside players signed for the first team. Patino and Azeez will most likely be loaned again and Lewis-Skelly/Nwaneri duo will most likely be U21 lynchpins until they turn 17, at which point they will either go on the loan market or impress in pre-season and earn umpteen bench appearances.

Now if it were up to me, I would probably still loan Azeez and Patino as they would both benefit from consistent first team minutes and the challenge of staying consistent (especially Azeez) but I'd definitely have both Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly as close to the first team as is reasonable from January onwards. Sub appearances in lesser games, preseason etc.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Yea never fully bought into the Wilshere and Foden comp. He is not as agile as those guys and doesn't dribble like them (he is bigger and stronger) Those guys always loved to get on the ball and beat players. I think most people made that comparison cause he is left footed and slick on the ball. It's his movement, first touch and link up play that has impressed me the most everytime I have watched him play.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yea never fully bought into the Wilshere and Foden comp. He is not as agile as those guys and doesn't dribble like them (he is bigger and stronger) Those guys always loved to get on the ball and beat players. I think most people made that comparison cause he is left footed and slick on the ball. It's his movement, first touch and link up play that has impressed me the most everytime I have watched him play.
Every time he got it yesterday he beat the fullback with some ridiculous skill.

I’m sure somebody will do a comp of him but it was scarily similar to Greenwood, you can clearly see he’ll be an elite pro if he keeps focused.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Every time he got it yesterday he beat the fullback with some ridiculous skill.

I’m sure somebody will do a comp of him but it was scarily similar to Greenwood, you can clearly see he’ll be an elite pro if he keeps focused.
His game is very well rounded and mature for a 15 year old. Very impressed with how sturdy he is too, don't know if he'll grow much taller. Lewis Skelly looks like he could have a little growth spurt left. Even though he is already so powerful for a kid that just recently turned 16.

Top Bottom