• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

As soon as he scored I thought of @MutableEarth :lol:. Wasnt he once his dad (he still is, I see it now) . Happy for him, hopefully this will be a new start for him. He deserves a new beginning.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ƙdegaard
Hopefully his confidence is back now, we need some strong options from the bench

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Turned into a beast mode once he scored a goal and felt good about himself. Nothing new tbh, people never questioned his talent, it was always down to his confidence.

Anyways, will be good to see him again in 2025

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
Well, well! Quite a development, this. A confident and committed Nelson is like a new signing, a) the fact Arteta chose to put him on over Vieira and Nketiah is telling us something about his training performances (and commitment) and b) the performance was brilliant, easily the best weā€™ve ever seen him in an Arsenal shirt. The stuff on the first goalā€”fantastic composure to cut back instead of take a pot shotā€”and second was quality winger stuff, stuff that says heā€™s finally at the level needed here, and of course he grew a lot into the game after the goals and you could see the confidence flowing.

Very interested to hear God tetaā€™s comments and see how this develops from here. Certainly heā€™s earned himself a start against Zurich.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Well, well! Quite a development, this. A confident and committed Nelson is like a new signing, a) the fact Arteta chose to put him on over Vieira and Nketiah is telling us something about his training performances (and commitment) and b) the performance was brilliant, easily the best weā€™ve ever seen him in an Arsenal shirt. The stuff on the first goalā€”fantastic composure to cut back instead of take a pot shotā€”and second was quality winger stuff, stuff that says heā€™s finally at the level needed here, and of course he grew a lot into the game after the goals and you could see the confidence flowing.

Very interested to hear God tetaā€™s comments and see how this develops from here. Certainly heā€™s earned himself a start against Zurich.
Let's not get carried away here. He did well against a poor side but made most of his chance..

Hopefully he can play full game vs Zurich & Brighton & let's see if he can string some performances together.

If Saka is out, he could even play against Chelsea in what is gonna be a big game..

I'm holding judgement until I've seen more evidence. Encouraging signs tho

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One hopes Nelson's performance gives us a bit more perspective and humility. Knowing that it is not correct to write off our rotation players, because we dont like what they are doing when we see them play.

We all have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, yet we want to confidently speak about players and whether they are finished or not.

A lot of you look like fools today after being completely dogwalked by Xhaka, these streets never forgot you. Have opinions by all means, but dont make yourselves look stupid by boldly "speaking facts".

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Took his chances well, even if he wasn't actually impressive whatsoever. Kinda like Nketiah last season

If he can do it consistently against the minnows he has value, even if the EL so far has been a failed test

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ā­
After his goal he looked like a new man. Heā€™s your typical confidence player- he needs to have genuine belief in his ability to make it here though.

His goals were very well taken. Skinned their full back a few times too which is good to see. With our light attack depth, if he can contribute itā€™ll be huge for us.

His cameo was the best story from today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Hopefully that kick something in his game he had excellent period when Arteta first came he even scored against Liverpool but injures always stop him. Hopefully this time he stays fit i still think we need someone better than him to cover saka

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
Let's not get carried away here. He did well against a poor side but made most of his chance..

Hopefully he can play full game vs Zurich & Brighton & let's see if he can string some performances together.

If Saka is out, he could even play against Chelsea in what is gonna be a big game..

I'm holding judgement until I've seen more evidence. Encouraging signs tho
I agree itā€™s just one game but Nelsonā€™s ability we know is there, and it was great to see him show the quality in terms of decision making and application of his ability in a first division match for us. Yes it was Forest at home.

Like you say, letā€™s see how this develops, but this is certainly a big and interesting development. More than the 2 goals and assist the manner of and performance.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

ArsĆØne Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom