• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I honestly don't see a problem here. Do you?

You're throwing snide remarks at people and dismissing their arguments because you can't tell them apart. It's not the Carte Blanche to behave like a child you think it is.

The problem here is not other people, it's you.

It's not their problem you are unable and unwilling to do that. If you have this much trouble, then don't engage in conversation with them.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Banter aside we’re not doing anything wrong here. I really hope for their own sake players/players family members don’t come on here on the regular. This place isn’t built for them… it’s a place for us fans to celebrate and vent (hopefully more of the former) and we should be allowed to do it without reproach and recrimination.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why don't you make an effort to keep said posters apart? Is it because we all look the same to you?
Maybe because your opinions blur into one?

Also, I don't honestly care and why should I? I like the posts of some posters because they are funny, interesting or have some character. Some show some good and nuanced football knowledge which I do not have myself, which I also appreciate reading. And that is about it!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I believe some posters knew that it wasn’t just his past form because @2Smokeyy and I have discussed his Arsenal form in here and have been attacked by others before. This most recent stat being based on five years was just an easy deflection. Fair enough if you didn’t know, apologies.

Second paragraph yeah, 34th percentile across the last 365 days when compared to other keepers. Not sure if it’s in the PL or the top 5 leagues though.

Fair enough. I haven't posted a huge amount in the Ramsdale thread. I've obviously missed a lot.

I've just seem a tweet by Scott Willis from June 14th of this year saying

''Aaron Ramsdale ranked 40th out of 42 Premier League goalkeepers in Goals saved compared to Post Shot xG, allowing 4.6 more goals than expected based on the locations for an 'average' goalkeeper. He ranked 200th out of 218 in the big five leagues combined.''

I don't know what Post Shot xG is but I'm very dubious when I see stats like this, there's no way he's that poor of a goalkeeper.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Banter aside we’re not doing anything wrong here. I really hope for their own sake players/players family members don’t come on here on the regular. This place isn’t built for them… it’s a place for us fans to celebrate and vent (hopefully more of the former) and we should be allowed to do it without reproach and recrimination.

I think Rob only got his hair transplant because he was tired of the banter he was getting on AM, this forum runs the club in my opinion!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You're throwing snide remarks at people and dismissing their arguments because you can't tell them apart. It's not the Carte Blanche to behave like a child you think it is.

The problem here is not other people, it's you.

It's not their problem you are unable and unwilling to do that. If you have this much trouble, then don't engage in conversation with them.
I did not. They quoted / replied to me. I replied to @grange and was surprised that Ramsdale was getting grief. All of a sudden some of the "Trusted" in-gang got bent out of shape.

How can anyone be this sensitive? And I will not bother to keep some posters apart. It is an open internet forum for God's sake. What do you want this to be? A 20 people online circle jerk? Honest question.

PS. If "snide" remarks are out of bounds just let me know.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Top posting, @albino. Don’t let these invalids who couldn’t jog a city block without keeling over get you down. The Arteta Inners have always supported your son.

Just make sure you put @2Smokeyy, @Trilly, @jones, @GDeep™, @farzad4daarse, @Rasmi, @Entropics, @ExtjExhtts, @<<reed>>, and @Oxeki on ignore and you’ll find our forum quite welcoming.

This post is so shameless, I can’t believe what I’m reading here this morning 😲 I’ve seen women twerk for a birkin before but the lengths you’ve gone to get on your knees for a signed shirt has surpassed it.

I now fully see when @Makingtrax has a debate then people dragged it out of context. Kudos to you for helping me see all of this clearly.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

But as far as I can see we're critiquing him based on the last 5 years. Over 3.5 years of them he wasn't even at Arsenal. Got relegated twice and would have been 19-20 years old at the start of this data. Very young keepers make mistakes. The more shots they face the more mistakes they'll make. It's no shock to me based on those points that his stats don't look great. I just don't think it's reflective of the quality of goalkeeper he is now.

I'd be interested to see where he placed in the time frame since he moved here.

We've got the second best defensive record so far this season ( Obviously not all down to him) and he was very good for most of last season. I'm not really sure what the issue with him is. There have been a few times I thought he could have done a bit better with shots but I don't remember too many howlers he's made since he's been here that have led to goals.

Well that's all good, but I would say quite confidently that Ramsdale is just ok with loads of room to improve. As long as he stays on the right side of Arteta and the team has loads of possession then he will be aight.

However, this is what players getting mocked by "internet warriors" actually looks like:

But sometimes he looks like a super talented player who's been discovered in the jungle and has not played professionally before - so much skill, but decision making is a roulette wheel

Tavares:

Guy is pure dog sh*t. In fact, that’s too kind. He’s cat sh*t wrapped in dog sh*t.

Why did we sign him exactly? Worst full back since Mikel silvestre

Hospital. Get rid.

I couldn't even be bothered to find more examples because reading this forums blatant unconscious bias was just making me incensed, having to unignore some complete d*ckheads to prove a point. Lacazette and Xhaka threads are there if you want more.

There are a few that are ferociously protected on here and there's some where it's open season and there's nobody offering perspective or any reasonable anaysis other than gtfo out my club.

Does Ramsdale even see a percentage of this? No and quite frankly he will never be called certain things no matter how bad he is, that's his privilege.

@albino is an idi*t tbh, no sympathy. Stop policing tame opinions on the internet and just enjoy the free box seats instead of logging in here and calling people names. Nonsense behaviour.

This forum is complete bullshit sometimes I really wonder why I log in here and subject myself to reading all you guys bollocks.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I did not. They quoted / replied to me. I replied to @grange and was surprised that Ramsdale was getting grief. All of a sudden some of the "Trusted" in-gang got bent out of shape.

How can anyone be this sensitive? And I will not bother to keep some posters apart. It is an open internet forum for God's sake. What do you want this to be? A 20 people online circle jerk? Honest question.

PS. If "snide" remarks are out of bounds just let me know.

What grief was that? Before his dad came in people were talking about his performances.

If you won't bother to keep people apart, than yes, snide remarks are off the table for you. It's your problem to be dealt with and not other posters.

You can't have it both ways. Hope this makes it clear.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Well that's all good, but I would say quite confidently that Ramsdale is just ok with loads of room to improve. As long as his stays on the right side of Arteta and the team has loads of possession then he will be aight.

However, this is what players getting mocked by "internet warriors" actually looks like:

Tavares:

Eddie:

I couldn't even be bothered to find more examples because reading this forums blatant unconscious bias was just making me incensed, having to unignore some complete d*ckheads to prove a point. Lacazette and Xhaka threads are there if you want more.

There are a few that are ferociously protected on here and there's some where it's open season and there's nobody offering perspective or any reasonable anaysis other than gtfo out my club. Does Ramsdale even see a percentage of this? No and quite frankly he will never be called certain things no matter how bad he is, that's his privilege.

@albino is an **** tbh, no sympathy. Stop policing tame opinions on the internet and just enjoy the free box seats instead of logging in here and calling people names. Nonsense behaviour.

This forum is complete bullshit sometimes I really do have to work on logging on less and reading all you guys crap.

Dunno why you guys get so worked up by all this…

Is it really that strange that fans have “favourites” and don’t apply the same yardstick to all players? Being a “fan” of a club is not a rational endeavour, and nor should it be. Some players (and managers) have something intangible that means they get more support from the fans. Power to them for it.

I’d maybe draw the line if that “intangible” quality was drawn on racial or xenophobic lines. But it’s not like that can be applied to all the players you’ve listed and Aaron.

Oh wait…

:popcorn:

(Nah seriously though, you could find the same mockery on the Ben White thread when he signed so I’m not having it)

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I have a dumb question: Is there some "progressive passes" stats concerning goalkeepers thats worth looking at?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Well that's all good, but I would say quite confidently that Ramsdale is just ok with loads of room to improve. As long as he stays on the right side of Arteta and the team has loads of possession then he will be aight.

Tavares:

Eddie:

There are a few that are ferociously protected on here and there's some where it's open season and there's nobody offering perspective or any reasonable anaysis other than gtfo out my club. Does Ramsdale even see a percentage of this? No and quite frankly he will never be called certain things no matter how bad he is, that's his privilege.

@albino is an idi*t tbh, no sympathy. Stop policing tame opinions on the internet and just enjoy the free box seats instead of logging in here and calling people names. Nonsense behaviour.

This forum is complete bullshit sometimes I really wonder why I log in here and subject myself to reading all you guys bollocks sometimes.

I think we pretty much agree on Ramsdale.

I think I see what you're alluding to with over the top criticism of certain players. Fair enough, it's not really my place to make a judgement on that. I'm sure other posters find it much easier to see these subconscious biases than me.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Tavares:

There are a few that are ferociously protected on here and there's some where it's open season and there's nobody offering perspective or any reasonable anaysis other than gtfo out my club.

Does Ramsdale even see a percentage of this? No and quite frankly he will never be called certain things no matter how bad he is, that's his privilege.

This forum is complete bullshit sometimes I really wonder why I log in here and subject myself to reading all you guys bollocks.
Pepe’s treatment changed you on this forum lol never gonna be the same after that.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom